Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Race: Corporate America

Race: Corporate America
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2004, 01:08 PM

The rules for the Team MacNN Folding@Home race are located here.

Welcome to the official thread for SubTeam Corporate America! This is for all of you out there who work in Corporate America. We may work for The Man, but we take as many of his processor cycles as possible.

It is in this thread that we will declare our allegiances to the greater good, even if we work for the greater evil. Think of us as the Robin Hoods of the distributed computing world.

To join up, just post your Folding@Home username here! Then start Folding away!
( Last edited by Turias; Jan 16, 2004 at 10:48 AM. )

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 14, 2004, 05:18 PM

sign me up, my FAH userid is d0ubled0wn.

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 15, 2004, 10:20 PM

Our team's looking a little thin Turias. We need to offer incentives to join Corporate America, like stock options or something.

Turias  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2004, 10:47 AM

With our new corporate strategy, we can't lose!

All those who wish to join The Corporation and reap rewards far greater than man has ever seen, sign away your soul on the dotted line.

&n bsp;   X --------------------------

You have nothing to lose... except your soul!

Turias  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2004, 10:54 PM

Aw, man! I go away for the weekend and come back to find no one has shown any more love toward The Corporation!

Do none of you pathetic folders have jobs?

Senior User
Jan 19, 2004, 12:12 AM

Originally posted by Turias:
Aw, man! I go away for the weekend and come back to find no one has shown any more love toward The Corporation!

Do none of you pathetic folders have jobs?
Yup, but most of working stiffs are in the over 30 crowd! Maybe we should talk about a merger? Seems we have a lot in common, come join us, we even accept ex-corporation members, as long as they are over 30!

Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2004, 11:49 AM

The rules for the Team MacNN Folding@Home race are located here.

Welcome to the official thread for SubTeam Corporate America! This is for all of you out there who work in Corporate America. We may work for The Man, but we take as many of his processor cycles as possible.

It is in this thread that we will declare our allegiances to the greater good, even if we work for the greater evil. Think of us as the Robin Hoods of the distributed computing world.

To join up, just post your Folding@Home username here! Then start Folding away!
folders@home corporate

edited by reader50 to fix quote formatting. no animals were hurt during this edit
( Last edited by reader50; Jan 22, 2004 at 12:38 PM. )

Turias  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2004, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by John B. Smith:
folders@home corporate
Were you trying to join our team? That's the spirit! Is that your Folding username? I'm not sure that's valid. Wanna double check it?

Turias  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2004, 01:23 PM

Damn Folding@Home and their stupid incompatibilities with some versions of glibc on Linux. I've lost many days worth of processor time to this.

Forget it.

My 2.6GHz linux box is now on D2OL...

Senior User
Jan 30, 2004, 08:59 PM

Cobramac says he is too busy to reset his password and log in and post that he would be happy to join Corporate America.
So he asked me to post for him.
Please consider him signed up.

Senior User
Jan 30, 2004, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by mikkyo:
Cobramac says he is too busy to reset his password and log in and post that he would be happy to join Corporate America.
So he asked me to post for him.
Please consider him signed up.
Funny, I got an email from him that said he wanted to join the "Over 30" team! I persuaded him not to join any team though, he could be a team by himself!

Nice try, no go this time through! Just like "Corporate America" to try and cheat rather than lose!!! Another Enron in the making!

Turias  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2004, 02:39 PM

Yay! Cobramac is going to help us out before our 2-member team crumbles! Thanks, cobra!

As for you, OneMacKid... Hah! You wish you could topple us as easy as the government took down Enron. If you aren't careful, I'll make sure you never work in this business, again.

Senior User
Jan 31, 2004, 04:00 PM

Yay! Cobramac is going to help us out before our 2-member team crumbles! Thanks, cobra!

As for you, OneMacKid... Hah! You wish you could topple us as easy as the government took down Enron. If you aren't careful, I'll make sure you never work in this business, again.
Careful! I have the papers from your trash can from last night! Some interesting notes! I am trying to hire a lawyer who speaks "Corporate" to interpret them, but they are all busy defending themselves and/or Enron!

Who said I worked anyway?

I have been accused for years of being retired in place! I think they are just kidding?

Forum Links
Forum Rules