Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > I am looking for....

I am looking for....
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2013, 07:24 PM

shifuimam, or a member who has made the ibook clamshell LCD XGA upgrade, and i am looking for the pinout of the LG display cable, Apple part #922-5368.
I have a tangerine Ibook upgraded with 466 firewire logic board, superdrive, dual boot Mac os 9.2.2, and Mac os X Tigern Hdd 80 go 7200 rpm, and 576 Mo ram.
The Apple cable display is too old, impossible to find, and i wouls use soldered wires to do the upgrade.
Thanks.
Best regards.
jb

Addicted to MacNN
Jun 23, 2013, 04:17 PM

Oh snap...there are pictures somewhere in the depths of the original thread from someone who soldered the original cable onto the replacement LCD. I'll see if I can find it and post a permalink.

Pinout for the 12" XGA LCD (the pins on the cable that's so hard to find would match up with this):

http://forums.macnn.com/73/hardware-...5/#post3384761

That post had photos, but they're long gone. I'll see if the guy who posted them can put them back up.

If you have the pinout for the LVDS cable you're using, please post it. I'll add it to the Maclassic wiki page on this project.
( Last edited by shifuimam; Jun 23, 2013 at 04:28 PM. )

jbefr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2013, 06:45 PM

I am very happy of your answer, you have made a great job on your clamshell ibook, thanks to share this information.
I have try to Mac Classic forum without success, is it now possible to suscribe on this forum ?
Thanks again.
Best regards.
jb

ps : excuse me for my bad english, it is not my first language....

Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2013, 10:24 AM

No problem. You should be able to register on the forum with any OpenID-enabled account, as well as Facebook.

OpenID providers include Yahoo, AOL, LiveJournal, Google, MySpace, Flickr, and Wordpress.

If you're having problems logging in with OpenID, please take screenshots of each step as you attempt to register, and email them to shifuimam@gmail.com. I'll take a look at what's going on.

jbefr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2013, 05:34 PM

ok, i will try again, now, i have a Samsung screen LTN121X1-LO2, and, if i have understand correctly, i have to replace the lcd original clamshell Ibook display connector with a Samsung LTN121X -LO2 compatible with the same pinout than original one, and it will works ?
And i have to mod open firmware too.
Thanks.
jb

jbefr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2013, 05:50 PM

Yes, i am logged now, Maclassic is a nice website, and i will learn ( slowly, because engish is not my first language ) many things.
jb

Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2013, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by jbefr View Post
ok, i will try again, now, i have a Samsung screen LTN121X1-LO2, and, if i have understand correctly, i have to replace the lcd original clamshell Ibook display connector with a Samsung LTN121X -LO2 compatible with the same pinout than original one, and it will works ?
And i have to mod open firmware too.
Thanks.
jb
Yep - you need a display from a 12" iBook, and the cable with the right physical connector on the LCD side. If you don't have that cable or can't find one anywhere (I've looked; they're impossible to find these days), you can manually solder wires from the LCD to the cable that is currently installed in your clamshell iBook.

jbefr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks, Shifuimam, i will do it, it is a great mod.

Forum Links
Forum Rules