Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 11)
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 09:23 PM

Slight change of plans, I'll be on by 11, but I don't like sleep.

Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2008, 11:25 PM

hey guys,
ive missed to first couple outings with macnn crew but i'll be on tonight for a while. Its been a long time since i've hit the matchmaking because of the orange box but i'm ready to get back into the grove

gamertag : Kevin Bogues

Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2008, 01:55 AM

I'd love to join ya when I'm on... I play mostly CoD4 but I do ok in halo, friend requests sent.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2008, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Andallray, just because you asked for advice, here's your stats.

Things I'm impressed with:

1. The BR is in the top 4 of your weapons, keep it up

2. In 1/2 of your ranked games you killed someone via sticking them with a grenade. Assuming the ratio is 50/50 for ranked and social.

3. Your third most preferred method of mayhem is the Ghost, sweet! In fact you average over 1 kill per game with it.

4. Needler is a great easy kill, so are well placed 'nades. Both in your top weapons.

5. Assuming you've played half the time in ranked you got a double-kill in almost every game!.

I have no real criticism except that you will experience more of everything (awards, sprees, wins, screenshots ) if you get the K/D up. You have a .93, which is close enough for getting above the mark where you kill more than you're killed. You have only 300 matchmade games (including Social, which I view differently...your ranked stats are better anyways.) I have almost 1300 games logged at this point.

Keep it up, you look good for a n00b!
Thanks! I'm going to work on getting my kill/death ratio up for sure. Tonight I got the "We're In For Some Chop" achievement, so I'll be playing mostly free-for-all games for a while since the remaining achievements I have in multiplayer are only free-for-all. I was also working on healing up after a battle tonight as well.

As far as suggesting a time to play, I'm on most weeknights and can make weekend games, but decog isn't able to play on weekends. But don't let that stop us from getting some action in on a Saturday or Sunday.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2008, 09:50 AM

Andallray, just because you asked for advice, here's your stats.

Things I'm impressed with:

1. The BR is in the top 4 of your weapons, keep it up

2. In 1/2 of your ranked games you killed someone via sticking them with a grenade. Assuming the ratio is 50/50 for ranked and social.

3. Your third most preferred method of mayhem is the Ghost, sweet! In fact you average over 1 kill per game with it.

4. Needler is a great easy kill, so are well placed 'nades. Both in your top weapons.

5. Assuming you've played half the time in ranked you got a double-kill in almost every game!.

I have no real criticism except that you will experience more of everything (awards, sprees, wins, screenshots ) if you get the K/D up. You have a .93, which is close enough for getting above the mark where you kill more than you're killed. You have only 300 matchmade games (including Social, which I view differently...your ranked stats are better anyways.) I have almost 1300 games logged at this point.

Keep it up, you look good for a n00b!
Hey genius, it shows how many ranked games you've played on the top right.

He's averaging a sticky every third game. He's averaging a double-kill every other game.

I echo that I have no criticism either. Since he plays mostly LW (Where k/d doesn't matter and has a lot of objective game types) His k/d is pretty solid.

Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2008, 10:02 AM

Gentlemen, may I join the party?

Gamer Tag: Spartan Stelios
( Last edited by Andy8; Feb 8, 2008 at 11:11 AM. )

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2008, 10:22 AM

While I realize these are retellings aren't really interesting, nor does anyone particularly care, I'm going to share my experience from last night.

I got on to try for my 23 on TS playing alone. After securing 22 again, I lost back to back games on construct (which I may now hate worse than Narrows) before starting a nice string of games.

Now from what I can tell, I've been ranking up after 4 or 5 wins in a row, so entering Game 4, I tighten up a bit. Mid-way we were down a bit and I got a little down on it, but then I grabbed the rockets as my team secured the sword room, I score 4 of our next 7 kills to get us about even and we never looked back.

I passed a game 4 win without a rank up, so entering 5 I was even more tense since if I lost I'd have to start all over again. To make matters worse, Game 5 was Shotty Snipes on Narrows, which is not my strong suit. But, the game seemed to be more Shottys on the bottom level, and some guy decided to volunteer todie to me 4 times in about a minute, so we won and I got my 23. Hooray!

Next game was a riot. I got a bunch of smartasses which reminded me my college roommate. They told me I could go hide in a corner and they'd bring home the bacon. It was freakin' Narrows again, but I went ahead and played. The sniper had the best line of the night -- I'm behind cover, I jump out to attack a guy, he gets a sniper bullet in him and I finish him off. Over the headset: "That's right Dakar. I shoot, you eat."

I swear I've heard something like that before. Sounds like bad 80s corporate BS.

Moving along quickly here, 4 games into 23 I get Isolation (ugh) and the opposing team has a major, commander, and colonel (double ugh). Somehow, I manage to grab the rockets as the opposing team grabs the ghost. I narrowly avoid a splatter, somehow rejigger myself fast enough to figure out where the ghost is and blast him to hell with the RL. Amazingly, the Ghost survives and I grab it and proceed to rain hell upon the opposing team (Splatter Spree, baby) getting them from every angle, all the while with the RL on my back. After pulling off the daunting victory, we party up.

After our third win together (my 6th as 23, and 11th straight on the night) I hit 24. Score.

Then the computer gives us a heat-check game. The opposing team has two 27s and two 24s, far outranking our 25, two 24s, and 23. For added fun, our 25 drops in the pregame lobby. So we lose. What does the truskill system do when you lose to a higher skilled team when you're down a man? That's right, it deranks you. Ugh.

Observations:

Since the MM update I've noticed
The frequency with which Construct appears has been slightly increased
The frequency with which Guardian appears has been decreased
The frequency with which High Ground appears has been substantially decreased (Thank you, bungie The poor spawn and obvious advantageous nature of starting at base made this a poor TS map)
Shotty Snipers is greatly reduced
Team Snipers has been reduced

-----

Other cool stuff:

A per game stats generator that shows you lifetime vs. your last 15
From my awesome win streak last night:
My Halo 3 user (DakarZero - A47) statistics:
I have a K/D ratio of 1.351 from the 15 games ranged from 2/7/2008 to 2/8/2008, which is better than my career K/D ratio of 1.134.

In addition, I am averaging 5.133 assists per game in my last 15 games.

Halocal: Who's the best in your neighborhood
Somewhat amusing.

-----

While it's probably apparent from my 1.35 k/d last night, I really hit the zone there for a while. I pulled a ridiculous +13 on Narrows of all places, had a 3 game streak where I averaged +10, and I was nading, jumping, and ducking for cover with more effectiveness than I've ever displayed. I recently moved back up to speed 4 for my controller, so I hope that's related and last night wasn't a fluke.

Apologies for the massive post.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2008, 12:15 PM

I dig the retellings, keep em comin!

Grats on getting 23, but did you end up at 22 because of that unfair skill drop? If so that stinks. I hate it when someone on your team drops out. But it feels damn good when you end up winning that match.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2008, 12:21 PM

I made 24, but dropped back to 23. I'm sure the dude didn't drop on purpose.

BTW, the first patch seems destined to hit by the time of next map pack and I really hope they adjust this bullshit of beating me down when I jump way above a guy and he isn't looking at me.
(Fingers crossed that I don't take forever to adjust to the changes)

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2008, 02:20 PM

Alright, Pic for the Day and some notable stats from Survivor

I talk about how some players go hot and cold. In this instance stogieman showed up in a big way, eliminating me for the win. Between chuckit, ::maroma:: and I, he was Last Man Standing.

So what's out of the ordinary here? How about stogieman's deaths (read: none). It's almost insulting to the rest of us.

Of course, once you dig a little deeper, you'll note somebody else did the heavy lifting here, namely me.

Not pictured: stogie's tool of destruction, the Rockets (3 Kills).

-----

I was pondering last night a more GoldenEye like game. Namely, one devoid of power weapons (shotgun, rockets, hammer, swords, missile pods, sniper rifles; maybe maulers, turrets, and stickies as well). While I understand I'm removing a good deal of the strategy in the game, what I am doing is trying to introduce a different type of parity (compared to License to Kill) where players rely a little more on their wits and less on what happens to be in their hands.

Don't be surprised to see something like it next meet-up.
( Last edited by Dakar the Fourth; Feb 8, 2008 at 04:18 PM. )

Posting Junkie
Feb 8, 2008, 04:54 PM

I played a mix of just about everything last night.

First I started with Lone Wolves (rank 38). Of course it was Isolation, gah, Slayer BRs too. By some divine miracle I was able to get the rocket launcher and start off with 6 kills. I was unstoppable in the hallways below with my BR and shotgun combo. I almost get another killing spree as the RL spanws in front of me again. Nice, I got this sh!t locked up....or do I? I hit 17 kills and my nearest competition has 12, then this blue jackass starts to kill like a madman. I'm not dying (yet) but he seems to be killing everyone. Then the green guy picks his game up and the white guy....and the other green guy! I stall at 17 until it's a 3-way tie for first, and just then I spawn right at the sniper rifle. With about a minute left I run frantically to the nearest battle I could find, except I couldn't find anyone, and I ran around most of the map. That blue jackass ended up getting his final kill needed to pull off 1st

On to RBT

The first match was a marvel of bad matchmaking. Their teams best player was a Captain Grade 2. Our team had myself, a colonel, two majors (one was a 47), and a Commander Grade 2. Results were as you'd expect, we won by 36 kills. I'm also really starting to come into my own with the laser, I almost prefer it to the sniper rifle in RTB. I love getting it early and laying waste to the other teams entire armory.

Second match (that I played, I quit the real second match because it was lagging terribly) was One Bomb on Valhalla, which is probably my favorite RTB scenario. The first round was defense and we completely shut down the other team that was comprised of 4 Brigadiers, amongst others.

On offense it looked like we would have to settle for trying in the final round, these kids were real good at killing. With 15 seconds left the bomb cursor appears in their base out of nowhere! It wasn't armed but it was so damn close. I whip a mongoose over the huge hill and dismount in air sliding into the river. The bomb arms and I switch to my shotty just as all my teammates die and head inside the base. There are two badies trying to disarm the bomb and I lay waste to them and tea-bag till I'm blue in the face. Score 1, good guys.

Defense again and I'm feeling saucy, my first three games so far I've been on fire and I'm loving it! I grab the sniper and:

get this gentleman right in the head as he comes off the man-cannon. Sweet. I waste the rest of my ammo firing wildly at everyone trying to get another perfect shot and we end up getting swamped by the opposing team. Again, my RTB minded team dispatched everyone and I disarmed my second bomb once I re-spawned. Just for sh!ts I decide to try my hand at Warthog driving. I avoided a middle pod, laser twice, and countless other barrages while racking up 6 wheelman awards. As usual, I could barely keep two wheels on the ground.

Though I did pull a sweet top-gun-esque move on the opposing teams hog, complete with bomb guy, to get behind them.

Offense again and we tear them apart. I get dropped off in front of the base and my teammate tells me there is someone on top waiting for me. We've already won so I run up the front and right at him.

Smashing someone with the bomb is so satisfying.

Third RTB game was terrible. 100-46, bad guys. I had 21 kills, and a team of quitters and betrayers.

That was about it. I played a lot of unranked with my buddies late night and I saw Dakar was busy with TS so I didn't bother him. The only other high note of the night was that I played 3 Team Hardcore games and won them all.
( Last edited by sek929; Feb 8, 2008 at 05:02 PM. )

Posting Junkie
Feb 8, 2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Hey genius, it shows how many ranked games you've played on the top right.
D'oh! I may be good at halo but my observation skills are laughably bad sometimes.

I echo that I have no criticism either. Since he plays mostly LW (Where k/d doesn't matter and has a lot of objective game types) His k/d is pretty solid.
He plays well, I just hope he doesn't try and use all the advice at once "Sek said not to jump when sniped, but also not to stand still ever, can I stand still in a bubble-shield?? Gah!"

Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2008, 05:33 PM

I had a Mosh Pit game last night against two extremely low-ranked guys and three officers (skill ranks 10, 28 and 29). I thought that was some pretty poor matchmaking, but apparently the game knew something. Us low-ranked folk whooped all three of them silver boys' asses. I had to go check on Bungie.net after I was done to make sure I read that right.

That was kind of surprising to me.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 09:53 AM

I'm glad you won if only because yours is the only name with a hint of grammar.

-----

I grab the sniper and:

get this gentleman right in the head as he comes off the man-cannon.
You know, I've heard the claims of this happening, but geez. I still think its mostly luck.

BTW, this only reinforces my notion that mancannons are death traps.

As usual, I could barely keep two wheels on the ground.

This is why I drive.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 10:06 AM

I had an interesting weekend. Saturday I managed to drag myself to 25, followed by 26 Sunday. Then I hit the coldest cold streak possible.

I lost 12 of my last 14, including my 6 straight.
5 of those games I had DNFed party members, including a streak of 3 of 4.
5 of those games I lost 50-46, including 2 back-to-back.
2 more games were lost by a combined total of 3 points.
I finished with a negative k/d in 3 total games, 2 of which were games in which my team was short-handed.

Now here's the best part:
My Halo 3 user (DakarZero - A47) statistics:
I have a K/D ratio of 1.08 from the 15 games ranged from 2/10/2008 to 2/10/2008, which is better than my career ranked Team Slayer K/D ratio of 1.06.

That, my friends, is called bad luck.

Oh, I was in a stubborn mood, so I kept digging until I managed to derank to 23. Sheesh.

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 11:21 AM

Geesh man, once I de-rank twice in something I usually put the controller down.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 11:23 AM

By stubborn mood, I meant, "I'm Italian."

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 11:27 AM

You know, I've heard the claims of this happening, but geez. I still think its mostly luck.
You'd be surprised at how easy it is, actually. Unless it's real laggy.

BTW, this only reinforces my notion that mancannons are death traps.
Never go off the cannon in the beginning of the game. If I get the rifle I sit and wait for someone to appear over the horizon.

This is why I drive.
To my credit I usually end up on all 4 wheels, also, I'm great at driving the Mongoose. Some people are piss poor with the goose.

But anyways, when we going to do some RTB? I miss my Dakar

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 11:31 AM

I had a bad weekend too. Couldn't play for squat. But I did get to 29 in LW, and my screen said 30 when I quit but bungie.net said 29 as of last night. Whatev. But now all I need is 200xp and I can rank up quite a bit.

In TS I couldn't win to save my life. I would be on a winning team one game, then lose 3 in a row. Can't seem to get up to 20 in TS.

I got a trip to NY this week starting Thursday, so I'll be playing a lot the next few nights. Woo!

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 11:42 AM

You'd be surprised at how easy it is, actually. Unless it's real laggy.
Maybe for a 45. Maybe after I've lined up the trajectory.

Never go off the cannon in the beginning of the game.
That's fairly obvious to begin with, but unless your team has a firm hold on the area, or its a low player game, I'll pass on the main man cannon, Nothing like announcing where you'll be in two seconds, please place all grenades and concentrate all fire there.

To my credit I usually end up on all 4 wheels, also, I'm great at driving the Mongoose. Some people are piss poor with the goose.
Rocket Race is a great way to cure that.

But anyways, when we going to do some RTB? I miss my Dakar
You know what's holding me back. I need to get Major before I go Gold.

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I had a bad weekend too. Couldn't play for squat. But I did get to 29 in LW
DOES NOT COMPUTE

my screen said 30 when I quit but bungie.net said 29 as of last night.
That's bungie.net. Your rank is last game played. You didn't play a game as a 30.

Anyway, for completely deflating what was a very proud weekend for me, I think you owe us a few tips for success that drove your ascension to 30.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 11:50 AM

Oh yeah, Pic of the Day. Seemed an appropriate choice,given the note my weekend ended on.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 11:53 AM

That's bungie.net. Your rank is last game played. You didn't play a game as a 30.
Ahh, that makes too much sense. I forgive bungie.net.

Anyway, for completely deflating what was a very proud weekend for me, I think you owe us a few tips for success that drove your ascension to 30.
Hmm, I'm not sure exactly. I seem to do a lot better at LW than TS, mainly because I'm always playing pickup games and not running with a set team. And I play a lot of LW. And not to rank up necessarily, but to get my achievements. Thats been my main goal thus far in my Halo career. The ranking up is secondary to me at this point. but I do enjoy seeing those fancy silver bars next to my name.

So I guess tip #1 (of 1) would be "Play a lot, and try not to get last place".

Anyone notice a lot more sword matches coming up in LW lately? This weekend I had 4 sword games, and up to that point I had experience exactly zero. They are pretty fun, especially when you get into one of those sword fights where you both hit each other at the same time over and over until one person gets a little behind in the dance and they go down. Still didn't get my triple kill with a sword achievement off that though.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 12:19 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure exactly. I seem to do a lot better at LW than TS, mainly because I'm always playing pickup games and not running with a set team.
Without playing with you, I have to say I'm not sure how true that is. with the exception of ranks 21 and 22, I've achieved all of my TS ranks alone.

The biggest adjustment you need to make in TS is focus on k/d. Being a kill machine just isn't enough.
The other interesting thing you'll note is there's a strategy for each map -- and it evolves as you progress through the ranks. (On some maps more than others. The Pit seems to be the biggest one)

This weekend I had 4 sword games, and up to that point I had experience exactly zero.
That's... practically impossible.

They are pretty fun, especially when you get into one of those sword fights where you both hit each other at the same time over and over until one person gets a little behind in the dance and they go down.
You're sadistic. It gets old pretty quick, even against friends.

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 12:22 PM

I had a bad weekend too. Couldn't play for squat. But I did get to 29 in LW, and my screen said 30 when I quit but bungie.net said 29 as of last night. Whatev. But now all I need is 200xp and I can rank up quite a bit.
That rocks, you'll have a pretty star in no time.

Maybe for a 45. Maybe after I've lined up the trajectory.
At such a distance the spartan appears to move slowly up and then slowly down. You really can't see much forward movement if you stay pretty dead-center on the map. Man cannon snipe is easier than most sniper kills.

You know what's holding me back. I need to get Major before I go Gold.
Stop losing 6 straight then
Sorry, couldn't resist

Still didn't get my triple kill with a sword achievement off that though.
It would be miraculous to kill three guys in a row without getting into a drawn-out sword battle. I'd imagine it's way easier on normal slayer to get a triple sword kill.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 12:26 PM

Stop losing 6 straight then
Sorry, couldn't resist
So... when are we getting together then? My self-esteem has improved since I managed to drag myself to 26( and I definitely think I could get 27 myself).

BTW, since my mind has time for such things, I came up with a clever name for the 48 hour account -- stepladder.

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 12:35 PM

Due to roommate issues I will be moving back in with the rents this coming week. The second my 360 is set up I will have nothing better to do but post here and play Halo.

I'll keep you up to speed on the situation as it progresses. I am really looking forward to a break from playing Brigadiers and Generals.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 12:35 PM

The biggest adjustment you need to make in TS is focus on k/d. Being a kill machine just isn't enough. The other interesting thing you'll note is there's a strategy for each map -- and it evolves as you progress through the ranks. (On some maps more than others. The Pit seems to be the biggest one)
That makes sense. I'm so used to LW I usually just go out there and try to be a killing machine in TS. I'm going to have to make that adjustment into more of a strategy mode.

I've been trying to use a bit more strategy on The Pit though (one of my favorite maps). I believe either you or Sek mentioned something about grabbing the Shotty first, then going for the invis buff, then going nuts on people in the Rocket Launcher hallway. That seems to work out pretty well. I still need some practice though.

I will say though, the tips you guys posted last week helped me out in LW. Especially the resting between fights tip. That seemed to garner the biggest improvement for me.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 12:39 PM

It would be miraculous to kill three guys in a row without getting into a drawn-out sword battle. I'd imagine it's way easier on normal slayer to get a triple sword kill.
I almost had it twice on a Sword match on Epitaph. It gets pretty nutty down there on the bottom level in the middle. I missed a triple kill by about 2 seconds a couple times in one game. Other maps are much harder.

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 12:40 PM

Even getting only 6 kills but zero deaths can be a giant help in TS.

Winning TS teams usually always have someone +10 or greater. In LW it isn't uncommon to win with -2 or less.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 12:44 PM

Due to roommate issues I will be moving back in with the rents this coming week.
Ugg, that doesn't sound good.

That makes sense. I'm so used to LW I usually just go out there and try to be a killing machine in TS. I'm going to have to make that adjustment into more of a strategy mode.
As someone who was(and still is) very new to Halo, my best advice at this point is for you to just stick with a teammate. Hoepfully it will evolve from there.

Also important is communication. If no one mentions that there's a Hammer in the Lift in Guardian, you can't come up with a way to counter-act them.

I've been trying to use a bit more strategy on The Pit though (one of my favorite maps). I believe either you or Sek mentioned something about grabbing the Shotty first, then going for the invis buff, then going nuts on people in the Rocket Launcher hallway. That seems to work out pretty well. I still need some practice though.
That was me, and that only works if your team is rushing the rockets. Otherwise, you're in SIberia.

I will say though, the tips you guys posted last week helped me out in LW. Especially the resting between fights tip. That seemed to garner the biggest improvement for me.
Believe it or not, that actually helped me a great deal this weekend. My performance on Narrows has been night and day in the last two weeks. Whenever I was playing this weekend I would charge across the top of the bridge, then dive behind one of the protrusions till my shields came back up, then continue the charge. It was almost Invasion of Normandy-esque. I would turn to watch my team mates charge by and everything.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 12:48 PM

Even getting only 6 kills but zero deaths can be a giant help in TS.
Speaking of which I had a nice 10/1/0 Ghost outing on Snowbound this weekend. And I was an absolute terror with the Ghost on Isolation (when I could get it). Nothing makes you feel better than receiving all the hate from the opposing team as their sole focus becomes eliminating you. Dumb strategy by them, too.

Winning TS teams usually always have someone +10 or greater.
Maybe at the higher levels. It's much more random here at 25.

Edit: Oh, I feel it should be noted that Assault Rifle got me through a lot of this weekend. I'm just worthless with the BR close.

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 12:54 PM

Ugg, that doesn't sound good.
Ever live with a drunk? Who acts like a dick to you AS he plays YOUR 360 on YOUR Xbox Live account?

I'll have a whole basement to myself (living in my mom's basement, how cliché) and it's a finished basement. Won't have to pay for internet or electricity. I'll also have my own bathroom.

Of course I'm going to try and find my own place ASAP.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 01:01 PM

Ever live with a drunk? Who acts like a dick to you AS he plays YOUR 360 on YOUR Xbox Live account?
No, I live alone, and always have with the exception of 3 years with a GF. Sounds awful, though. Somehow, I'm just glad he didn't spill beer on your ****.

I'll have a whole basement to myself (living in my mom's basement, how cliché) and it's a finished basement.
Don't forget to put up Star Trek posters and keep a daily blog.

Of course I'm going to try and find my own place ASAP.
**** yeah

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 01:57 PM

No, I live alone, and always have with the exception of 3 years with a GF. Sounds awful, though. Somehow, I'm just glad he didn't spill beer on your ****.
No spills, but both my controllers have sticky buttons. I'm buying a new black controller once I move in.

Don't forget to put up Star Trek posters and keep a daily blog.
I have a scale model of the USS Reliant, does that count?

**** yeah
I'm looking forward to having sex in my own living room.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 02:57 PM

I have a scale model of the USS Reliant, does that count?
Yes, but only if you keep a phaser or a tricorder on your bedside table.

I'm looking forward to having sex in my own living room.
(While playing Halo)
Whoa, honey! Sorry about that, looks like I get a splatter medal, though.

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 03:03 PM

or maybe a Bagtacular...

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 03:08 PM

Screwagirlbagem?
sploogetacular?

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 03:41 PM

Screwing Frenzy?

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 03:47 PM

The nice thing about having your own thread is going completely OT and not worrying about getting locked.

That said, it more because we're in the Siberia of the forums.

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 03:59 PM

At least we can spill out our useless thoughts somewhere without bothering the normal populace.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 04:02 PM

Please, they should be happy to be exposed to our genius.
and perhaps our members

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 06:11 PM

Hahaha! This is by far my favorite thread on MacNN, or any other forum for that matter.

And speaking of sex while playing Halo, it brings new meaning to "Ridin' the Hog"
you can read into that however you like

Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2008, 06:33 PM

And speaking of sex while playing Halo, it brings new meaning to "Ridin' the Hog"

I think 2000 kilos is my limit for ridin'...

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 11:55 PM

I finally got around to posting some pics from our last MacNN meeting. Yeah, it's over a week late... so what. I'm lazy.

Close Call - ::maroma:: barely misses Chuckit as he does a barrel roll on the mongoose.

Starman takes it in the butt... and likes it.

So Close - "He's around here somewhere, I can feel it."

My Precious - Chuckit with the ball. (From left to right) Myself, Sek & Dakar in hot pursuit.

Get him while he's occupied - Dakar mows down Chuckt with the turret just moments before I hit him with a rocket.
( Last edited by Stogieman; Feb 12, 2008 at 12:02 AM. )

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.

Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2008, 05:45 AM

I have added you guys to my friends list, i guess it is just a matter of time zones to catch you all at some point - be gentle please.

Posting Junkie
Feb 12, 2008, 11:41 AM

Update

The Xbox is here now, all I need a is a router and my TV and I'll be on. I'd say earliest tomorrow night.

Awesome pics, Stogie

Posting Junkie
Feb 12, 2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Andy8 View Post
I have added you guys to my friends list, i guess it is just a matter of time zones to catch you all at some point - be gentle please.
I'd like to add that I did not accept a friend request from someone in here (I think).

After I denied the first request I looked at who the second person was friends with and Dakar showed up, d'oh.

I accepted the second request but whoever sent me the first one will have to resend it.

Also, if any lurkers or people that don't post here are sending me a friend request just include a message that let's me know you're an NN member.

I get lots of random friend requests so knowing someone is from here will help me weed out the randoms.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 12, 2008, 01:19 PM

I think 2000 kilos is my limit for ridin'...
Sober, maybe...

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I finally got around to posting some pics from our last MacNN meeting. Yeah, it's over a week late... so what. I'm lazy.
Yeah, let's not call attention to the fact that I haven't done my write-up yet.

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
So Close - "He's around here somewhere, I can feel it."
The question is, did I get you? I know I blasted one invisible person that day.

Update

The Xbox is here now, all I need a is a router and my TV and I'll be on. I'd say earliest tomorrow night.
I think I'm avoiding playing anything for XP till then. (I may try to get back up to 25, we'll see)

I'd like to add that I did not accept a friend request from someone in here (I think).
Yeah, I deleted Andy8's request before I saw this thread. So I ended up having to Request him...

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 12, 2008, 01:23 PM

Sorry for the late start, been doing IT work all morning -- and I'm not in IT.

Pic of the Day

Not mine. I believe it was entitled Summon Him or something of the like. Note that everyone is flaming.

----

Big News, bungie has announced the first big patch is due out by the end of the month. This is highly anticipated because it will include changes to address long-standing issues with the melee. And I quote:

Originally Posted by bungie
Addressing the Flaw

We considered and ultimately rejected some ideas that could have made melee contests produce a less inscrutable result. A major consideration was that we wanted to minimize the impact on how Halo 3 plays to the greatest degree possible, while still addressing the problem. Radically changing the mechanics of melee combat is not something we want at this point.

Ultimately, the change is targeted at the unpredictable outcome of a contest. Simply stated, it works like this: when a melee contest occurs, and both players are close to the same health (including shields), no special protection is given to either player. This means the outcome of a close melee contest can be death for both participants, but that a player who decisively injures his opponent prior to closing for a melee will continue to enjoy the victorious outcome.
I have a bad feeling this will not address all those "Jump over an opponent get beatdown/assassinated" problems I've been facing.
( Last edited by Dakar the Fourth; Feb 12, 2008 at 01:51 PM. )

Posting Junkie
Feb 12, 2008, 04:08 PM

I think I'm avoiding playing anything for XP till then. (I may try to get back up to 25, we'll see)
Update X2:

It seems I'll be working in Boston tomorrow, and maybe thursday...ugh...this move is going slower than molasses.

Safest bet would be playing on Saturday and or Sunday...I'm going through withdrawals here!

Forum Links
Forum Rules