Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 2)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2007, 01:42 PM

Well it need not be ranked, as far as I'm concerned (Though Team Control would interest me). And as I said we can always just turn against ourselves if we get 3 or 4. (Crazy King is great with 3 peeps in guardian)

Professional Poster
Dec 19, 2007, 03:19 PM

I would like to join you guys but I'm stuck at work.
Maybe we can plan something this weekend?

Gamertag: Crosbie360

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.

Forum Regular
Dec 19, 2007, 04:34 PM

I'm into Halo 3 and would love to play with anyone here. Here's my service record...

Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 Service Record

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2007, 04:51 PM

Welcome.

Which reminds me, I need starman to acknowledge this thread.

Posting Junkie
Dec 19, 2007, 06:27 PM

I'm playing yesterday with a friend split screen in Social Slayer. It's like 47-48 as I hop onto the man cannon in Narrows with my trusty Rocket Launcher. Just as I begin my descent I see a man running in the underneath area of the bridge, so I track him and fire just at the last moment as to get a maximum angle on the situation.

You can see the rocket in the upper right of the picture, couldn't have cut it any closer.

So it hits and I get the "You Killed" message along with "Game Over." I've already landed and had absolutely no idea how I killed him....god I love the theater feature

As you can see, the shot was dead-on. The rocket trail is visible in the left part of this picture.

Edit: For those wanting to bask in all its' glory, you can queue the film clip Here
( Last edited by sek929; Dec 19, 2007 at 10:53 PM. )

Professional Poster
Dec 19, 2007, 07:22 PM

LOL!! That was an awesome shot!

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.

Posting Junkie
Dec 19, 2007, 07:25 PM

Thanks It's my first kill whilst in mid-air via man cannon.

Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2007, 12:45 AM

alright finals are done, lets get gaming

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I'm playing yesterday with a friend split screen in Social Slayer. It's like 47-48 as I hop onto the man cannon in Narrows with my trusty Rocket Launcher. Just as I begin my descent I see a man running in the underneath area of the bridge, so I track him and fire just at the last moment as to get a maximum angle on the situation.

You can see the rocket in the upper right of the picture, couldn't have cut it any closer.

So it hits and I get the "You Killed" message along with "Game Over." I've already landed and had absolutely no idea how I killed him....god I love the theater feature

As you can see, the shot was dead-on. The rocket trail is visible in the left part of this picture.

Edit: For those wanting to bask in all its' glory, you can queue the film clip Here
That's ridiculous. There, I said it.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 10:19 AM

Well, wednesday night I had the good fortune of having a gaggle of friends signed on, so into customs we went. First off, we tested that map I was telling you guys about, Sandtrap set up for war. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive, and I've made a few minute adjustments for the next game. A few highlights:

Tower Headshot

This underutilized portion of the map is perfect for a sniper, though it's BYOS. Primarily, it's stocked with a Missile Pod and a Bubble Shield, for defeating various aircraft that can sometimes dominate the map.

Lucky Bastard

Speaking of Missile Pods... I spotted what was happening before he spotted us, and instructed my gunner to pepper the tower. This shot nearly took out our foe, as did another that went under his foot as he jumped to a different portion of the tower. I'd have more pics, but I hit the stupid 50 pic limit on my xbox in the middle Theater Mode.

Most Notable Kill Not Shown
I lasered a guy at a tower base from 90% of the map. And he was jumping.

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 21, 2007, 12:00 PM

Is anyone up for playing this afternoon? (21st of December) say around 2:30 EST?

My gamertag is chrisgilqin (note the q, not the p)

I'll check back to this thread around noon EST and see if there are any responses.
This signature is obsolete.

Forum Regular
Dec 21, 2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gilpin View Post
Is anyone up for playing this afternoon? (21st of December) say around 2:30 EST?

My gamertag is chrisgilqin (note the q, not the p)

I'll check back to this thread around noon EST and see if there are any responses.
I might be able to play with you, as I'm on a mini-vacation right now. My gamertag is dustrho.

EDIT: Just added you to my friends' list Chris.
( Last edited by dustrho; Dec 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM. )

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 12:24 PM

I will be at work.

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 21, 2007, 12:50 PM

Cool, I'm at the library now, but heading home around 12:30ish, so I should be on around 1:30 I'd guess. Anyone else want to join?
This signature is obsolete.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
That's ridiculous. There, I said it.
I didn't rank up to 41 by being ordinary

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 12:56 PM

Yeah, you just rode your friends coattails*
*bitter
**I hope to do the same in ranked BTB

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 12:57 PM

Unfortunately I'm at my dad's house right now (so no 360) but MAYBE I'll be on around 3:30-4.

BTW, Team Hardcore is my favorite scenario (loved it in H2) and I'm only a 6 or 7 right now so anyone on at that time that might need some Ranked match wins should give FattyMcBlobicus a holler.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 12:59 PM

What's hardcore? No enemy radar and BR starts?

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah, you just rode your friends coattails*
*bitter
**I hope to do the same in ranked BTB
We have yet to play together, but BTB being ranked is a perfect opportunity to get in on the ground floor. I think you might have an edge on me being used to the larger maps (and BTB in general). So if (when) we play you can drive around in the vehicles and I'll pound the pavement (or dirt?) with a trusty BR. I don't mind the laser, either.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:03 PM

What's hardcore? No enemy radar and BR starts?
Yep, all sorts of game types too, including strait up slayer.

The radar BUGS me though. In H2 you had no radar at all in such scenarios but now you can see your buds on the radar. I hate this because I'm used to either full radar or no radar at all so I've been getting assassinated more than I like. However, starting out with a BR makes me about 100% more deadly so it's a trade off.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:05 PM

I'd be ok, but I'm worthless with a BR.

I like the idea of Team Control, but 4 ppl seems a little light. 5 would be optimum to me.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:15 PM

I'd be ok, but I'm worthless with a BR.

I like the idea of Team Control, but 4 ppl seems a little light. 5 would be optimum to me.
Ahhh grasshoppah....mastering the BR is just about THE most important aspect of H3. It's a devastating weapon on full shield foes at medium to medium-long range and absolutely embarrassing as a support weapon from a distance. It auto-aims a little for you so I'd guess you just need to learn the timing of the bursts like your own heartbeat.

Team Control is incredibly frustrating, but fun nonetheless. I'm still like a 2 or something after a half-dozen games. The main problem is the idiots who go off to capture a base by themselves. Two teams of two capture the first two bases (other team does as well) and then it turns into an absolute sh!t show at the last base left.

Edit: Good work, Dakar, on making the second-longest thread in the gaming forum!
( Last edited by sek929; Dec 21, 2007 at 01:23 PM. )

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:23 PM

Ahhh grasshoppah....mastering the BR is just about THE most important aspect of H3.
I'm well aware.

It's a devastating weapon on full shield foes at medium to medium-long range and absolutely embarrassing as a support weapon from a distance. It auto-aims a little for you so I'd guess you just need to learn the timing of the bursts like your own heartbeat.
This brings a question. What do you have your analog sensitivity at? Initially I found my turning was too slow so I went up to 5 or 6, but I think it was my controller not being broken in, because since I've dropped back 3, and occasionally ponder going to 2 (particularly when no scoping and BRing)

Oh, on a random note, I seem to like the carbine a little better. Seems like it has a faster rate of fire, and I can track my accuracy with its visible beam.

Team Control is incredibly frustrating, but fun nonetheless. I'm still like a 2 or something after a half-dozen games. The main problem is the idiots who go off to capture a base by themselves. Two teams of two capture the first two bases (other team does as well) and then it turns into an absolute sh!t show at the last base left.
Are they all FFAs? I'm not a fan of Round based play, but on something with only 4 peeps, it seems more logical. Also with that fifth person I was talking about, I think it'd make team strategy deeper.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:32 PM

On a different subject, any GoldenEye fans here? You guys remember the License to Kill mode?

Edit: Good work, Dakar, on making the second-longest thread in the gaming forum!
Yeah, congrats on you and I combining for 90% of the posts.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:33 PM

I'm well aware.

This brings a question. What do you have your analog sensitivity at? Initially I found my turning was too slow so I went up to 5 or 6, but I think it was my controller not being broken in, because since I've dropped back 3, and occasionally ponder going to 2 (particularly when no scoping and BRing)
I use 6 or 5 (5 if I've been drinking), my friend Cheezydog uses 8 (he's a 43), my roomie (who is nasty enough) still uses default, and my bud Joe (he's a 46, and a sniper I would never want to face) uses 5. I relish up close and personal battles so I despise default. I need my character to be able to turn 360 degrees while in the air.

Oh, on a random note, I seem to like the carbine a little better. Seems like it has a faster rate of fire, and I can track my accuracy with its visible beam.
I hate the Carbine, it's deadly and all but it only fires one shot at a time so it makes getting those precious distance headshots a little harder. Of course, I've been owned by 50s that use Carbines so it all comes down to personal preference.

Are they all FFAs? I'm not a fan of Round based play, but on something with only 4 peeps, it seems more logical. Also with that fifth person I was talking about, I think it'd make team strategy deeper.
Supposedly there is a scenario with all snipers and you're invisible when capturing a territory... I have yet to play it. I've only played rounds (and you only get one round of offense per team).

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:37 PM

On a different subject, any GoldenEye fans here? You guys remember the License to Kill mode?

Yeah, congrats on you and I combining for 90% of the posts.
Haha, oh man, my roommate Matt is absolutely unstoppable at License to kill pistols. You know how? He's MEMORIZED the order of the spawning points, so by the time you come alive you get a bullet in your head. Me and my other roommate, Aaron, are wicked nasty at Bond.....but Matt is so friggin good we stopped wanting to play against him a while ago.

BTW License to Kill Slappers Only when you've been drinking is just about the most hilarious scenario in any game ever made.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:38 PM

I use 6 or 5 (5 if I've been drinking), my friend Cheezydog uses 8 (he's a 43), my roomie (who is nasty enough) still uses default, and my bud Joe (he's a 46, and a sniper I would never want to face) uses 5. I relish up close and personal battles so I despise default. I need my character to be able to turn 360 degrees while in the air.
Ugg. Not surprisingly, I lack finesse. But honestly, I probably can do 270s in mid-air on 3. (And how often do you need to do more than a 180?)

I hate the Carbine, it's deadly and all but it only fires one shot at a time so it makes getting those precious distance headshots a little harder. Of course, I've been owned by 50s that use Carbines so it all comes down to personal preference.
Are you certain its 1 shot burst isn't equal to the BRs 3? I imagined it was all presentation.

Supposedly there is a scenario with all snipers and you're invisible when capturing a territory... I have yet to play it. I've only played rounds (and you only get one round of offense per team).
Yeah, I heard the same too. SOunds like something a 12 year-old would come up with.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:45 PM

Haha, oh man, my roommate Matt is absolutely unstoppable at License to kill pistols. You know how? He's MEMORIZED the order of the spawning points, so by the time you come alive you get a bullet in your head. Me and my other roommate, Aaron, are wicked nasty at Bond.....but Matt is so friggin good we stopped wanting to play against him a while ago.

BTW License to Kill Slappers Only when you've been drinking is just about the most hilarious scenario in any game ever made.
I didn't memorize the order, but I certainly knew where they all were (I have memories of just buzzing ppl in stacks, firing without breaking stride). My friends always refused to play me.

Also fun: Grenade Launchers in the Temple (Oh the battles, getting the arcs just right... so fun).

My point though: LtK mode in Halo is fun, remove the radar, Magnums only. I had a blast on High Ground. We'll have to do that sometime as well.

(You have AIM? Seems like the smartest way to try and set up matches between us till you get a mic, loser)

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:45 PM

Ugg. Not surprisingly, I lack finesse. But honestly, I probably can do 270s in mid-air on 3. (And how often do you need to do more than a 180?)
All the time! Mostly I mean that I can turn around to see behind me and then turn back around the direction I'm going without hitting the ground first. This comes in handy when you are getting flanked so you can whip 'nades (my specialty) on the ground at the attacking foes' feet. Then finish em off with a little melee action.

Are you certain its 1 shot burst isn't equal to the BRs 3? I imagined it was all presentation.
Couldn't tell you for sure, I guess it would make sense seeing as it has such a small clip. I'm just used to pushing trigger in small intervals for the BR so having to slam it repeatedly for the Carbine screws up my aim.

Yeah, I heard the same too. SOunds like something a 12 year-old would come up with.
The kids I played with were complaining about it. I don't blame them since active cammo in Halo 3 is a million times harder to detect (nearly impossible IMHO)

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:48 PM

I didn't memorize the order, but I certainly knew where they all were (I have memories of just buzzing ppl in stacks, firing without breaking stride). My friends always refused to play me.

Also fun: Grenade Launchers in the Temple (Oh the battles, getting the arcs just right... so fun).

My point though: LtK mode in Halo is fun, remove the radar, Magnums only. I had a blast on High Ground. We'll have to do that sometime as well.

(You have AIM? Seems like the smartest way to try and set up matches between us till you get a mic, loser)
Sounds like I found a person who could beat Matt. So many kids talk sh!t about how they are nasty at Bond...Matt usually shuts those douches out.

Grenade Launchers in Egyptian is also fun, super-high ceilings and loooooooong hallways.

I have AIM, but I can plug the Mic in for setup sake....it's just a pain to use during the game.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:51 PM

All the time! Mostly I mean that I can turn around to see behind me and then turn back around the direction I'm going without hitting the ground first. This comes in handy when you are getting flanked so you can whip 'nades (my specialty) on the ground at the attacking foes' feet. Then finish em off with a little melee action.
I guess I could see that coming in handy with the limited radar (I get irritated with its short range). I'd like to see this in action.

Oh and looking at your and kb's profile, its rather obvious that grenades is a rather lacking part of my game.

Couldn't tell you for sure, I guess it would make sense seeing as it has such a small clip. I'm just used to pushing trigger in small intervals for the BR so having to slam it repeatedly for the Carbine screws up my aim.
I think its the reverse for me.

The kids I played with were complaining about it. I don't blame them since active cammo in Halo 3 is a million times harder to detect (nearly impossible IMHO)
I bet it's your TV. I play on a 50" Plasma and I can usually spot the "disturbance". The biggest problem is when you fire and hit them, it should reveal them, but it doesn't. That and I'm never sure if I'm aiming at their center or to the side of them since the only part that shimmers is their edges.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:58 PM

Sounds like I found a person who could beat Matt. So many kids talk sh!t about how they are nasty at Bond...Matt usually shuts those douches out.
I doubt I'd get shut out. But he does sound like he has an edge.

I'll give you my credentials. I beat the game on every difficultly level, and got every single cheat (The Facility one was a bitch). For fun I used to set up Archives (Single Player) with 0% Health and 1000% damage for everyone (Basically license to kill) and try to escape. I can't wait for the next TimeSplitters, I think I'd be way better at that then Halo.

Grenade Launchers in Egyptian is also fun, super-high ceilings and loooooooong hallways.
Exactly. What was your favorite level? Mine were Complex, and probably the Facility or Archives.

I have AIM, but I can plug the Mic in for setup sake....it's just a pain to use during the game.
Do it, slut. Also, invite me the next time you're doing BTB.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:58 PM

I guess I could see that coming in handy with the limited radar (I get irritated with its short range). I'd like to see this in action.
Quick fingers and snap judgments (like my rocket shot) require a higher level of look sensitivity. As I said, though, my pretty damn good roomie still uses 3 so he just has a separate yet successful strategy.

Oh and looking at your and kb's profile, its rather obvious that grenades is a rather lacking part of my game.
I wish there was a stat that showed how many of my kills started off with 'nades...I'd wager dollars to donuts it's near 80%

I think its the reverse for me.
My advice to you is master the Carbine if you like it better....the only problem is scenarios that start with the medium rifles are always BR.

I bet it's your TV. I play on a 50" Plasma and I can usually spot the "disturbance". The biggest problem is when you fire and hit them, it should reveal them, but it doesn't. That and I'm never sure if I'm aiming at their center or to the side of them since the only part that shimmers is their edges.
Has to be it. I have a SD (component, but meh) 32" TV.

Damn you and your nice set!

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:06 PM

I doubt I'd get shut out. But he does sound like he has an edge.
He's also mastered the wall-run, I can do it in certain areas but he can literally run around a whole level using the strafe-next-to-the-wall-technique. If we play...say...complex power weapons to 20 it'll be 20-14 or something. I can kill him, but I rarely beat him....and I consider myself nasty at that game.

I'll give you my credentials. I beat the game on every difficultly level, [and got every single cheat (The Facility one was a bitch). For fun I used to set up Archives (Single Player) with 0% Health and 1000% damage for everyone (Basically license to kill) and try to escape. I can't wait for the next TimeSplitters, I think I'd be way better at that then Halo.
I never managed the Facility speed-run...came REAL close though.

Exactly. What was your favorite level? Mine were Complex, and probably the Facility or Archives.
Complex, Facility, and Temple. The de-facto test of Bond skill for our group is Power Weapons in the Complex. It also makes for excellent games of Proximity Mines.

Do it, slut. Also, invite me the next time you're doing BTB.
Can-do, I'll be on today for many hours...of course we are having an Xmas party so later on it could be any number of idiots.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:06 PM

Quick fingers and snap judgments (like my rocket shot) require a higher level of look sensitivity. As I said, though, my pretty damn good roomie still uses 3 so he just has a separate yet successful strategy.
AT this point, sensitivity is a minor issue. I very much doubt it's that aspect of my game that's holding me back.

Sidenote: I've been getting irritated lately with ground based people I'm jumping over delivering beatdown successfully. Particularly, I've been assassinated a few times this way. Makes no sense.

I wish there was a stat that showed how many of my kills started off with 'nades...I'd wager dollars to donuts it's near 80%
I try, but it seems like when I nade first they're firing already and then I die, and when it's the opposite the nade helps them kill me first. Also, I really hate the standard nade, and their blast radius in general (too small).

My advice to you is master the Carbine if you like it better....the only problem is scenarios that start with the medium rifles are always BR.
Yeah, I'm considering trying to pick it up where its available to augment my training.

Has to be it. I have a SD (component, but meh) 32" TV.

Damn you and your nice set!
I wanted an HDTV just for gaming, and so it was. That and it just replaced a 19" SDTV (which BTW is what I used to kill on GoldenEye with). I was going to go 42" but the 50" was close enough in price I splurged. Oh, and I sit about 6 feet away from TV. It's HUGE.

Side note: Do you realize there are two different conversations going on in this thread, and we're the only ones posting?

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:10 PM

He's also mastered the wall-run, I can do it in certain areas but he can literally run around a whole level using the strafe-next-to-the-wall-technique. If we play...say...complex power weapons to 20 it'll be 20-14 or something. I can kill him, but I rarely beat him....and I consider myself nasty at that game.
See my biggest problem, then and now, is that no one I know is really a challenge. I'm obviously very good at the game, but I've never had someone to challenge me or push me to great.

Complex, Facility, and Temple. The de-facto test of Bond skill for our group is Power Weapons in the Complex. It also makes for excellent games of Proximity Mines.
Proximity mines was a reason my friends stopped playing me. I had a complex network I would set up on the bunker. Then I'd do prick things like put them on the back of ammo boxes and where people spawn. I know one guy died 4 times in a row without doing anything once.

Can-do, I'll be on today for many hours...of course we are having an Xmas party so later on it could be any number of idiots.
I probably won't be on tonight, at least until super late. Time to drink with coworkers, for the holidays... and alcoholism.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:15 PM

AT this point, sensitivity is a minor issue. I very much doubt it's that aspect of my game that's holding me back.
Like I said, my roomie is nasty and uses default. I don't correlate sensitivity with skill at all.

Sidenote: I've been getting irritated lately with ground based people I'm jumping over delivering beatdown successfully. Particularly, I've been assassinated a few times this way. Makes no sense.
I know exactly what you mean. My guess is a melee in the bottom of the feet counts as an assassination.

I try, but it seems like when I nade first they're firing already and then I die, and when it's the opposite the nade helps them kill me first. Also, I really hate the standard nade, and their blast radius in general (too small).
The key to alot of my more impressive gameplay is luring players into my nade traps. If you follow me into a hallway I'm gonna expect it and nade your feet and then finish you right the hell off. Jumping backwards into cover with a BR while throwing nades can be surprisingly successful.

Yeah, I'm considering trying to pick it up where its available to augment my training.
Grab it whenever you can. Sometimes not going into battle right away and getting the weapon you prefer can turn a loss into you getting a Killing Frenzy.

I wanted an HDTV just for gaming, and so it was. That and it just replaced a 19" SDTV (which BTW is what I used to kill on GoldenEye with). I was going to go 42" but the 50" was close enough in price I splurged. Oh, and I sit about 6 feet away from TV. It's HUGE.
Once again...damn you.

Side note: Do you realize there are two different conversations going on in this thread, and we're the only ones posting?
It's what you expected. I'm impressed that other people posted in here. I think if we keep at it more people may migrate from other forums besides the lounge to this thread.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:17 PM

Proximity mines was a reason my friends stopped playing me. I had a complex network I would set up on the bunker. Then I'd do prick things like put them on the back of ammo boxes and where people spawn. I know one guy died 4 times in a row without doing anything once.
haha, you asshole!

(Done it myself, the mine underneath the ammo box is my trick)

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:22 PM

I know exactly what you mean. My guess is a melee in the bottom of the feet counts as an assassination.
Ha, and I've heard people complain the assassination box on the back is hard to hit.

The key to alot of my more impressive gameplay is luring players into my nade traps. If you follow me into a hallway I'm gonna expect it and nade your feet and then finish you right the hell off. Jumping backwards into cover with a BR while throwing nades can be surprisingly successful.
Jumping backwards into cover is impressive by itself. Screw the rest of that sentence.

Grab it whenever you can. Sometimes not going into battle right away and getting the weapon you prefer can turn a loss into you getting a Killing Frenzy.
I'm all about taking my time. I like to get a feel for where my teammates are, where enemies are, and what I should use for the situation (side note: lately I've been trying to use my two weapon choices judiciously. I set up a good short range like shotty or sword, and back it with a needler or rifle, and switch depending where I am).

I find it telling I'm most comfortable in Guardian, which is probably the only map I could liken to GoldenEye. Narrows btw, is instant rape for me.

Oddly, since I hit 20 (and have ping-ponged between it and 17 since) I've brought my k/d up almost .15 (was at .85 area, just shy of 1.0 now). I have no idea what it means that I'm stuck but somehow, I'm (almost) always killing more than I die.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:25 PM

haha, you asshole!

(Done it myself, the mine underneath the ammo box is my trick)
It's so mean... but it's so damned clever.

Water Caverns was another favorite of ours. I'd go around closing all the doors, and then have power weapons like Magnums, and kill people as they were opening them by shooting through the door.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:25 PM

I like to focus on staying alive first, and killing second.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:27 PM

It's so mean... but it's so damned clever.

Water Caverns was another favorite of ours. I'd go around closing all the doors, and then have power weapons like Magnums, and kill people as they were opening them by shooting through the door.
Me and Matt would have Facility battles with Magnums (LTK) He'd be IN the stall in the bathroom and I'd be in the hallway below. Both firing at each other though three doors by using the others screen...ahhh, good times.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:27 PM

I am not afraid to run.

I think we're making a serious run at Page 3 here.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:28 PM

Me and Matt would have Facility battles with Magnums (LTK) He'd be IN the stall in the bathroom and I'd be in the hallway below. Both firing at each other though three doors by using the others screen...ahhh, good times.
The laser was great for that too. I loved the laser. Powerful, quick, and limitless ammo.

You guys ever do the trick where you crawl back up into the vent from the stall? Always handy with proximity mines or a tight game.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:31 PM

I can do it once and a while and, yes, matt would kill me once in Prox mines, lace the bathroom and go into the vent....whatta bastard.

All this bond talk is getting me randy, I wish there was a way we could play over a network or something.

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:32 PM

I don't think I could handle the jaggies at this point, though I'd love to try it on widescreen.

Character of choice?

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:33 PM

I am not afraid to run.
Nor should you be. F**k, as I told you, my major strategy is that I run away most of the time just so I can turn around and catch the dude chasing me off guard.

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:36 PM

I don't think I could handle the jaggies at this point, though I'd love to try it on widescreen.

Character of choice?
I have always been Siberian Special Forces, Matt is always Boris (whatta dork), and Aaron is always Orumov.

For serious play, Oddjob and the lady Moonraker have been banned. Anyone that wants to be that fatass Valentin or Jaws can look forward to getting schooled.

Your favorite?

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 02:39 PM

Boris. I am inveen-cible!

Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 02:44 PM

You're Boris too? There has to be something with that character. We always joked the developers gave him +10 speed, health, and accuracy...but now I think it might be true.

Forum Links
Forum Rules