Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 34)
Posting Junkie
Apr 18, 2008, 02:37 AM

As a Brigadier playing at a Major level I wince at the beatings I will receive in that playlist.

Plus I'm not nearly as good in FFA-style games.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2008, 11:28 AM

Does that playlist rank count towards your normal LW rank? Or is it separate from that?

Posting Junkie
Apr 18, 2008, 11:44 AM

It is a totally separate rank.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2008, 12:14 PM

Bummer!

Posting Junkie
Apr 18, 2008, 03:42 PM

Oh god, the day from hell.

My night started off with good intentions. The crew was getting together for some bowling/beers and I didn't have to work until 12 this aftrenoon. After drinking 5 Sam Adams in the course of 3 hours the alley closed and I decided to pack it in. My buddy Coble works out of Woods Hole and had been on the ocean for a coupe weeks so he was trying to convince everyone to go out. I tried my best to dissuade him but once he offered to pay for my drinks I was hooked.

Another 3 hours later and after some amount of cocktails, jager bombs, and god knows what I get my buddy, Aaron to come get me since I was in no condition to be anywhere near a steering wheel.

Just by chance he has a rolled joint and asks if I want to stop by his place and smoke a little. "What a great idea!" I drunkenly exclaim. Another hour later, and after two more beers and a joint, I head home to pass the hell out only to see Dakar is online playing Halo 3. So, in another brilliant move, I fire up the 360 and me and Dakar start DLC'ing it up. I guess if it wasn't for new maps and the fact I haven't Haloed it up with Dakar in over a month I might have opted for sleep which at this point would have been my only good decision

Had some great games, I was actually shooting the sniper rifle like old times, but besides that I was playing rather average. After a handful of games I notice it's 5 minutes to 5am. Dayum.

I hit the hay for what seemed like 3 seconds and am awoken by the clatter of a team of cleaning ladies talking up a storm and running what appeared to be 7 vacuums a once. I squint my eyes and see the time is 9:15...jesus christ..I've been asleep for 4 hours...drunken sleep at that....not to mention I woke up at 6am the previous morning...so I was up for 23 hours and drank like an irishman. Then I realize that my head feels like it wants to split open and release my brain...making any attempt to sleep until my alarm time of 11:30 impossible.

In case you were wondering what I had to do for work today it involved 30+ foot long aluminum scaffolding jacks and a 24' long 200lb aluminum plank, bushes, scraped knuckles, hanging off of ladders and generally everything you don't want to be doing with a mean hangover and no sleep. Luckily I was working with one of my fellow drunkards from last night so when we met up we could both tell the other was half-zombie.

Thank god for caffeine...

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2008, 06:14 PM

This is probably the best opportunity some of us are gonna get for 2 for 1.

Mac Elite
Apr 18, 2008, 06:14 PM

now thats a good story, i'm sure after tonight (its Blue and White Weekend) i'll have a similar one or two or three, ha. I think your last line was a typo didn't you mean....
"thank god for booze..."

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2008, 04:06 PM

Well, stogie and I had a great run on the meta-game last night. We managed to get him his Ark achievement, and then we pulled off the miracle double on the Covenant by finishing with a minute of two to spare. As celebration, we did not do Cortana.

Posting Junkie
Apr 19, 2008, 07:05 PM

I gave the Legendary Brawl Playlist a shot today and I'm already up to 6 in rank after only 4 games! I'm getting much better with the BR but my up-close skills are pathetic right now...

I came from a 11 kill deficit to win my first game, Rocket Brawl on Ghost Town. I frenzied my way to a three way first place tie on Slayer FFA on Sandtrap and came in a solid 5th on Snipers on Sandtrap. I guess 5th was enough to rank up too!

I won't be going out tonight thanks to yet another night of debauchery yesterday. Look for Fatty in the DLC playlist until early tomorrow morning.

Another note is I got my older sister to play Rocket Race with me....hilarity ensued.

Posting Junkie
Apr 20, 2008, 01:41 AM

It would appear I've gotten my groove back.

Out of 8 Ranked games played today 7 were Legendary Brawl and one was the MLG playlist.

-I didn't go negative in a single ranked match, with an overall K/D of +52 over 8 games.
-I had four 1st place finishes, one 2nd place, two 3rd place, and one 5th place.

I also played 8 DLC Slayer/Objective games.

-I won 6 matches out of 8.
-My last 4 games were all 1st place finishes in DLC Slayer, with an overall K/D of +20.

BTW, I feel dissed by ::maroma:: who didn't accept any of my game invites

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2008, 03:09 AM

It's midnight on the west coast and stogie and maroma are already off? And what about you Mr. until early morning? Bullocks to you all.

Posting Junkie
Apr 20, 2008, 03:27 PM

I kept checking my friend list until 2:30 and no one was on so I decided to sleep, I guess I should've waited until 3.

Apr 20, 2008, 03:38 PM

I just hooked up the XBox 360 I got for Christmas and have been playing Halo 3 off and on this weekend.

It's kicking my ass (solo game/mode).

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2008, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I kept checking my friend list until 2:30 and no one was on so I decided to sleep, I guess I should've waited until 3.
No biggie.

Sorry for ignoring your game request earlier today, but I was in the middle of the intro to Dead Rising.

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I just hooked up the XBox 360 I got for Christmas and have been playing Halo 3 off and on this weekend.

It's kicking my ass (solo game/mode).
Just wait till you get online.

Posting Junkie
Apr 21, 2008, 06:13 PM

I figured you were knee-deep in zombie brains.

BTW I love Avalanche, ****in' awesome map for CTF. I only wish that DLC Slayer included more players to accurately explore the BTB Slayer aspect of Avalanche instead of the lame Team Duel.

I played One Flag in Ghost Town today and I was thinking "no way this isn't going to end in a tie." It was 2-1 with the good guys out ahead and playing D for the last round. With 30 seconds left I get my 7th Flag-Carrier kill in the midst of a Triple Kill...they still scored....tie game...wow, didn't see that one coming... The good news is that I am finally learning this map a little. It continues to confuse me in the heat of battle and I usually end up being below my enemies, which is instant death.

Blackout has some spawn issues but if you factor that into the game it's super intense, just like Lockout. So far I have yet to play Team BRs there, which should be a staple of that map, maybe just because I hate how Slayer ends up being an AR circle-jerk.

Oh yeah forgot to mention my first match of the day. Team Duals on Blackout. We are minus a player and the ranks go Brigadier (me), Commander, and Major VS 3 Generals and a 48 Brig. Needless to say there was pwnage...

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2008, 06:18 PM

BTW, I feel dissed by ::maroma:: who didn't accept any of my game invites
Aww damn, sorry baby. That wasn't me though, it was my bro. I've given him specific instructions to ignore all invites. I just don't trust him not to say something really stupid is all.

Its not you, its him.

Posting Junkie
Apr 21, 2008, 06:27 PM

That's what they all say

It's ok, I don't like playing with random jerks anyways...even if he is your bro.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2008, 06:49 PM

By the way I will have RSV:2 in my hands on Wednesday. So I'll be suckin on that tit until GTA4 is out.

As a bonus (for me), I'm also expecting a new TV this week. Finally getting an LCD to replace my busted old CRT. Yum!

Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
By the way I will have RSV:2 in my hands on Wednesday. So I'll be suckin on that tit until GTA4 is out.

As a bonus (for me), I'm also expecting a new TV this week. Finally getting an LCD to replace my busted old CRT. Yum!
Maroma let me know when you get the RSV2, we can hit up some Terrorist Hunt, i'm sure i can get my Rainbow lover to join (sek, this is you)

Posting Junkie
Apr 21, 2008, 10:05 PM

Hey, If I see Bogues and Andallray on RSV2 you best believe Halo 3 isn't going in.

Of course this means that da both of youse guys should play some DLC with Fatty, or at least some MLG Ranked.

Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2008, 10:10 PM

well bro i'm all free tonight if your getting on, let me know

Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2008, 12:16 PM

I really should update my availability now that I'm back to working steady.

Weekdays / 4:30-10:30
Weekends / Anytime baby!

I'll stay up late if there is going to be an NN Halo 3 meet-up, otherwise I desperately need the sleep.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 23, 2008, 12:17 PM

Pic of the Day, just because I find it amusing people take the time to actually do this.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 23, 2008, 09:27 PM

Every time I take a break from this game, I always regret returning. Should be interesting after 1-3 months of GTA. I should back at First Lieutenant level.

I guess what I'm saying is, I got slaughtered tonight.

Posting Junkie
Apr 23, 2008, 09:54 PM

We won 5 out of 8 matches, not bad.

Team Rockets on Blackout produced an obscene amount of betrayals/suicides.

In fact both teams stacked up a total of -26 Kills.

I was pretty damn impressed with your showing in Multi CTF on Ghost Town.

Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2008, 03:37 AM

So when is the next Halo NN meet-up? I think we should get one in before GTA4 is released.

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.

Posting Junkie
Apr 24, 2008, 07:37 AM

I am going to work my ass off today so I can stay home tomorrow.

Tonight perhaps?

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 08:36 AM

I have LOST tonight. I'd play at 11 pm, but I'm afraid work may require me to be more coherent than normal tomorrow.

stogie, we should do some more meta-game Friday night, though.

Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2008, 10:16 AM

I am available all weekend, we should definitely get a meet up in before GTA if possible. Tonight i'm also not free i have a meeting, then like Dakar said LOST is back.

Posting Junkie
Apr 24, 2008, 11:53 AM

I know Friday will be g/f day for me, so maybe Saturday we can get some heads together.

Edit: I'll still be playing tonight if anyone is tempted...

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 11:59 AM

Awards!

Participation

Team Gold Members
Team Roadkill - Awarded to the team with the most deaths

Team Chocolate Dragons
Pole Position - First to 10 points in the Qualifying Round

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 12:00 PM

Team Purple People Eaters

Wins - Score 20 points in the Main Event

Team Blue Barracudas

Wins - Score 20 points in the Main Event

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 12:01 PM

I had other awards lined up, but since we didn't truly complete the GP, I owe you people nothing.

Posting Junkie
Apr 24, 2008, 12:08 PM

Ok, so you know a lot about the abilities of GTAIV, tell me this...

Is there a way to set up an NNGTA-type contest with set objectives and scores and such?

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 12:38 PM

Medals!

-----

In an odd attempt not to jinx myself, I made sure I didn't put Team Purple with the Gold in my test layout. Instead, I subbed in Team Blue. So it wasn't a whole lot of work to get the last one right...

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 12:49 PM

Ok, so you know a lot about the abilities of GTAIV, tell me this...

Is there a way to set up an NNGTA-type contest with set objectives and scores and such?
The short answer is yes. From what I can remember, cash will be what scores are judged by. They have the easily made VIP type, as well as objective games for multiple teams.

Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
I have LOST tonight.
LOST can wait. Tonight I got Smallville, the Office & Grey's Anatomy (shut up). Just do what I do, Tivo or torrent them. That way you don't have to sit through the commercials.

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
stogie, we should do some more meta-game Friday night, though.
Yeah, we still need to beat Cortana. Oh noooo!

Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2008, 01:13 PM

awesome, although cut short it was a great time and i'm sure there will be many NN GTA events to come... now i need a new partner cause apsolid only owns one game...

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
LOST can wait. Tonight I got Smallville, the Office & Grey's Anatomy (shut up). Just do what I do, Tivo or torrent them. That way you don't have to sit through the commercials.
No can do, I have friends coming over to watch.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2008, 03:19 PM

Nice medals Dakar! They make me really want to continue the competitions, since you put so much work into those medals (as well as setting everything up).

If we can schedule a meetup, I'm down.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
Nice medals Dakar!
Yay! Thanks.

---

stogie, I'll be on tonight after the Suns/Spurs game, which should be roughly 1 am EST / 10 PST. Subject to change due to blowouts and OTs.

Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2008, 12:54 PM

I hope to have my internet access back before then. My cable modem crapped out on me. The cable guy should be at my place sometime between 1 & 5pm (PST) to replace it.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2008, 12:55 PM

Ugg. Good luck.

Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2008, 01:50 PM

in my first halo news in a while, my roommate and I attempted to get to 40's last night (from 35 in doubles) only to fail terribly and go down to 31 and eventually later back to 35's down to 34's up to 36's and back down to 35's we got up to 37. As of now i'm unsure if i can make it but this weekend will be the final attempt before halo gets retired into its nice medal case for a while.

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2008, 02:43 PM

You frickin' cheeseball. Be a man an earn it in a real playlist.

Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2008, 06:49 PM

Nah why do something crazy like that? haha. I actually enjoy doubles if you know your partner instead of getting some random person

Update: Level 38...two more

Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2008, 06:25 PM

Go Boguesy, go Boguesy, go!

Anyone down for some SWAT tonight?

I'm currently trying to wrap up my Half-Life 2 achievements, but I'll take a Halo 3 and/or RSV2 break if anyone signs on.

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2008, 06:29 PM

i am down for sure, i'll be on a little later tonight. I'm also trying to wrap up some achievements for NFS Pro street but could use a Halo break (or RSV2)

Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2008, 06:31 PM

Sweet!

I should be on until pretty early tomorrow morning so we will definitely SWAT it up!

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2008, 06:34 PM

good call good call, i completely forgot about double XP weekend

Forum Links
Forum Rules