Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 5)
Thread Tools
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2007
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 17, 2008, 02:55 AM
 
Just to throw myself into this thread, I had a pretty epic experience tonight...
Go into my file share, download the clip called OMFG.

Ruiner777

Overkill/extermination. I'll be honest and say it wasn't the most skillful of events, but it was one of those things when it all comes together to be perfect for you. You should download it...
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 10:28 AM
 
Welcome to 1.18.08, Bungie's soft date for a Ranked BTB hopper update. I very much doubt we'll be seeing it.

That said, I'd still like to take this moment to brag about my performances (what is is this thread for?) last night in Social Slayer (Not really comparable to BTB, but still).
For the first time I had an exactly five man crew so we decided to give SS a shot.

Right out of the gate was fantastic. I opened up the game by getting the kill leader his first Running Riot (Much credit due to my team mate who helped control the laser).
Highlight of the game: The opposing red team brought the second Missile Pod spawn to the corner of the main hill near the crashed Pelican, where I proceeded to drive in circles around him completing three laps until my gunner finally killed him (Trees made it long-winded). I don't think a single pod touched us. I may post a clip when I go home tonight.

Second noteworthy game. Highlights: I was again at the wheel again when I got my buddy his second Running Riot of the night and of his social career. Take note of his total kills versus the rest of team combined.

And your picture of the day, inspired by the Star Trek XI teaser. I call it Phasers & Photons.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
 
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 01:33 PM
 
wow and i thought i used plasma grenades a lot... i aspire to have that many sticks.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 02:56 PM
 
Damn, I'm good with sticky nades, but damn.

What's the word on Ranked BTB? If she's up and running I suggest some NN carnage...BTB style.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 02:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
And your picture of the day, inspired by the Star Trek XI teaser. I call it Phasers & Photons.
Hey! I know that handsome devil wielding the Sentinel Beam
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 03:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Damn, I'm good with sticky nades, but damn.

What's the word on Ranked BTB?
Bungie's weekly update probably won't be out till after 5pm EST, so we probably won't know for sure till then. Of note, however is hints that it may be only 6 v 6. While this is somewhat missing the point (and kills my chances of getting carried much past 25), it does make sense when you consider the lag that accompanies large scale matches becomes increasingly intolerable when someone's rank is at stake.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
If she's up and running I suggest some NN carnage...BTB style.
As would I. I'd like to get some games on with maroma and stogieman (I think thats who, hard to remember considering your gamertags are completely different), since I added them this week. Perhaps everyone will be on this weekend at some random point.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Hey! I know that handsome devil wielding the Sentinel Beam
He's trying to kill a stubborn level 41. I believe he only succeeded in scaring him into running.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 07:41 PM
 
Dakar and I got about a half-dozen matches in today. We only lost once...but it was BTB Slayer and were down a few players. Final score 100-92.

After that embarrassment we proceeded to tear everyone a new ass. My favorite game was our last match. Multi-Flag CTF on Valhalla. It was deadlocked all match and with a minute thirty left I walked the flag the entire way across the map for a win

Dakar was whipping around in his various vehicles and he did a damn good job too. I rode as the gunner for a short stint in a Sandtrap battle and you, my friend, are an awesome driver. In fact, that's the same game I got 30 kills in and one hell of a sniper shot.



No scope headshot...and that dude got the jump on me.

Film clip (it's short) of said headshot can be queued HERE under slot #4.
( Last edited by sek929; Jan 18, 2008 at 08:03 PM. )
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2008, 07:55 PM
 
More Image bragging:

From the Valhalla CTF game.



and overall stats (Dakar got a few kills too)

     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 19, 2008, 05:12 PM
 
A few new screenshots taken today.

Yet another gratuitous head shot pic...more like a face shot



Power Drain + 3 BR rounds = backflip

     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 08:42 AM
 
Warning, incoming triple post to counter yours is incoming.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Dakar and I got about a half-dozen matches in today. We only lost once...but it was BTB Slayer and were down a few players. Final score 100-92.
I might add I was completely cold to start. Also, were you lagging as bad as me? I know I'm lagging when I die by laser, but never actually see the beam (It was like that for me through all the games)

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
After that embarrassment we proceeded to tear everyone a new ass. My favorite game was our last match. Multi-Flag CTF on Valhalla. It was deadlocked all match and with a minute thirty left I walked the flag the entire way across the map for a win
I have no idea how we won that one. We were down 1 for 15 minutes, then we tied it up somehow. I would have escorted you back had I known *mic*cough*mic*, but by then I had resigned myself to the tie and went into ultra-kill mode with the Ghost.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Dakar was whipping around in his various vehicles and he did a damn good job too. I rode as the gunner for a short stint in a Sandtrap battle and you, my friend, are an awesome driver.
I'm not gonna lie, I gave you the Xtreme treatment. I don't normally take this route, and it almost bit me in the ass, except I'm so awesome I was able to drive with the left side of the Warthog off the edge.


It should be noted that I'd have gotten you more than 5 kills if the guy with the rocket launcher hadn't decided to commit suicide in order to stop us.


Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
In fact, that's the same game I got 30 kills in and one hell of a sniper shot. No scope headshot...and that dude got the jump on me.
Believe it or not, I caught this when I was running through the replay. I was watching and I noticed the kill, and I'm thinking, "There's no way he just zoomed in and killed that guy that quick." It should also be noted that 3 seconds later I picked you up for the joyride.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 09:41 AM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
More Image bragging:

From the Valhalla CTF game.



and overall stats (Dakar got a few kills too)
Didn't anyone teach you it's tacky to brag about kill totals from an objective based game?
That said, you could've posted mine, sicne you and I had the only Killing Frenzy's in the game.



Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Our stats would be dead even if some jerkface who is hiding between the freakish elite head and the spartan one, didn't use his rocket launcher to steal an otherwise claimed mongoose who was stickied by yours truly.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 10:03 AM
 
Oh, I forgot to add, personally I though this was our best victory.


One man down, completely outranked, we're top two and two of three people on our team in the positive. And just for weirdness's sake, I had 6 warthog turret kills. Driver wasn't too bad.

Edit: Oh, and for those of you wondering, here' what Bungie had to say about Ranked BTB in their weekly update:
Originally Posted by Bungie
nothing
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 04:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
I might add I was completely cold to start. Also, were you lagging as bad as me? I know I'm lagging when I die by laser, but never actually see the beam (It was like that for me through all the games)
Yeah, that game lagged like hell. I remember missing more than a few headshots due to it.

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
I have no idea how we won that one. We were down 1 for 15 minutes, then we tied it up somehow. I would have escorted you back had I known *mic*cough*mic*, but by then I had resigned myself to the tie and went into ultra-kill mode with the Ghost.
Once GTA IV comes out I suppose I'll purchase a headset while I'm at the store. Of course there's always the flag icon above the player carrying it....but I guess you were to busy on the ghost and all

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I gave you the Xtreme treatment. I don't normally take this route, and it almost bit me in the ass, except I'm so awesome I was able to drive with the left side of the Warthog off the edge.
Trying to show off for me eh? Either way that was a sweet route and we would've been fine if not for that meddling RL dude. That was also a rare occasion for me. I almost never ride in the machines since I'm to valuable with power weapons like the sniper rifle.
( Last edited by sek929; Jan 21, 2008 at 04:16 PM. )
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 04:06 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Didn't anyone teach you it's tacky to brag about kill totals from an objective based game?
That said, you could've posted mine, sicne you and I had the only Killing Frenzy's in the game.
Heh, not really. I mean....SOMEONE has to help out those who actually complete the objectives.


Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Our stats would be dead even if some jerkface who is hiding between the freakish elite head and the spartan one, didn't use his rocket launcher to steal an otherwise claimed mongoose who was stickied by yours truly.
I HATE when that happens. Just yesterday I stuck some jerk and he gets sniped in the head as he jumps backwards.

BTW, I played for like 7 hours on Saturday and rocked house. I've been playing Team Hardcore and winning just about every game. The dynamic of battle really changes with the dissapearence of enemy radar.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 04:16 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Oh, I forgot to add, personally I though this was our best victory.

One man down, completely outranked, we're top two and two of three people on our team in the positive. And just for weirdness's sake, I had 6 warthog turret kills. Driver wasn't too bad.
Great game indeed. Work on getting at least one head shot a game from now on though I know I know, the BR isn't your friend yet.....but it really wants to be.

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Edit: Oh, and for those of you wondering, here' what Bungie had to say about Ranked BTB in their weekly update:
WTF? It better be server issues or something because I'm foaming at the mouth for a new ranked gametype.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 04:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Once GTA IV comes out I suppose I'll purchase a headset while I'm at the store.
Yeah, I'll be there for GTA, too.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Of course there's always the flag icon above the player carrying it....but I guess you were to busy on the ghost and all
Like I said, I was in ultra-kill mode. I thought it was over.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Trying to show off for me eh? Either way that was a sweet route and we would've been fine if not for that meddling RL dude. That was also a rare occasion for me. I almost never ride in the machines since I'm to valuable with power weapons like the sniper rifle.
Which is why I didn't bother you any other time. Though I wanted to, you're best gunner I had all day.

------

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Heh, not really. I mean....SOMEONE has to help out those who actually complete the objectives.
Hey, I was defending the base, like you. They don't give medals for guys killed before they get to the flag.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
BTW, I played for like 7 hours on Saturday and rocked house. I've been playing Team Hardcore and winning just about every game. The dynamic of battle really changes with the dissapearence of enemy radar.
I can only imagine. I'll have to try that one day when I get the balls.
( Last edited by Dakar the Fourth; Jan 21, 2008 at 04:33 PM. )
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 04:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Great game indeed. Work on getting at least one head shot a game from now on though I know I know, the BR isn't your friend yet.....but it really wants to be.
I hate you sooooo much right now. I'm a driver. It's hard to get headshots when you spend 3/4ths of a match trying to find someone competent enough to realize a mobile turret does more damage than an AR or even BR.

That said, I still managed to score a headshot in 3 out of the 7 games we played thankyouverymuch.

In summary, go to hell.


Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
WTF? It better be server issues or something because I'm foaming at the mouth for a new ranked gametype.
Feels like they're ****ing with us, doesn't it? They know what date they said, and they're under no obligation to honor it, but the very least they could do is say, "Hey we're working out some final kinks right now. You'll see it before february, yet."

Maybe this means its going to be implemented before the next weekly update.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Which is why I didn't bother you any other time. Though I wanted to, you're best gunner I had all day.
Aww shucks, thanks. I had some jabrony shooting for me the other day, it took him several minutes to kill anyone

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
I hate you sooooo much right now. I'm a driver. It's hard to get headshots when you spend 3/4ths of a match trying to find someone competent enough to realize a mobile turret does more damage than an AR or even BR.

That said, I still managed to score a headshot in 3 out of the 7 games we played thankyouverymuch.

In summary, go to hell.
I know man, I'm just giving you sh!t. I think the differences in our two styles of gaming work well when put together for BTB. If only....

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Feels like they're ****ing with us, doesn't it? They know what date they said, and they're under no obligation to honor it, but the very least they could do is say, "Hey we're working out some final kinks right now. You'll see it before february, yet."

Maybe this means its going to be implemented before the next weekly update.
....BTB was ranked! I hope we are able to get a fair share on NNers in one game once it's ranked. I might have my g/f stay home one night if we could get a full team of Mac jerks together.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 08:40 PM
 
Why does xBox Live suck so bad? Are they ever going to fix the connection problems with Halo 3 and COD4? Matchmaking in Halo 3 has not worked for me at all this afternoon.

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 09:14 PM
 
It's pretty sad how Live has been so crappy lately, and now they're going to offer us a free game? I would much rather have the M$ Points than that underwater game.

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 10:02 PM
 
I'd rather just have my money back for one month...
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 11:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I'd rather just have my money back for one month...
I'd rather know what exactly my $50/year goes to. Since MS hosts no online gaming (it's all done by the users) and everything else you can get with a silver account, does gold only pay for the searching algorithm???


/bitter TF2 user who wishes there were dedicated servers

All glory to the hypnotoad.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2008, 11:20 PM
 
Meh, I logged almost 5,000 games on Halo 2 with very little problems. Today I played around a dozen matches with no problems either.

Also, at 50 bucks a year, it's less money then I end up spending on windshield wipers.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 08:30 AM
 
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Why does xBox Live suck so bad? Are they ever going to fix the connection problems with Halo 3 and COD4? Matchmaking in Halo 3 has not worked for me at all this afternoon.
It was a little flakey last night when I was on. BTW, I would have joined you for some BTB goodness, but my buddy wanted to do some TS, and I hadn't done that in a while...

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
I'd rather know what exactly my $50/year goes to. Since MS hosts no online gaming (it's all done by the users) and everything else you can get with a silver account, does gold only pay for the searching algorithm???
Isn't that the most pathetic part? I mean, really, how much bandwith can that take? Sounds like they can't take the amount of connections they're getting, which is equally pathetic.

Originally Posted by dustrho View Post
It's pretty sad how Live has been so crappy lately, and now they're going to offer us a free game? I would much rather have the M$ Points than that underwater game.
They know the game isn't going to be widely downloaded. MS points is money that's guaranteed to be lost.

Edit:
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Meh, I logged almost 5,000 games on Halo 2 with very little problems. Today I played around a dozen matches with no problems either.

Also, at 50 bucks a year, it's less money then I end up spending on windshield wipers.
Christ, are they gold plated or do you like getting ripped off or something?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 10:57 AM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
....BTB was ranked! I hope we are able to get a fair share on NNers in one game once it's ranked. Who needs MM to get a bunch of NNjerks together?
I have my mega awesome Sandtrap Variant just begging for an all out war. So let's just hold an NN night.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I might have my g/f stay home one night if we could get a full team of Mac jerks together.
That's crazy talk. Make her watch.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 11:00 AM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Meh, I logged almost 5,000 games on Halo 2 with very little problems. Today I played around a dozen matches with no problems either.

Also, at 50 bucks a year, it's less money then I end up spending on windshield wipers.
It's also more than I've spent on any other online gaming service.

But I'd be happy to pay it if they just let me know what I'm actually paying for. Because it seems like Microsoft is charging just for access to online gaming, when in reality it costs them little (close to nothing?) since they don't do any hosting or provide any servers.

All glory to the hypnotoad.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 11:02 AM
 
Attn MacNN Jerks

It's about time we made a serious attempt to have a get together. If you'd like to participate, please post your gamertag (or PM it to me privately, if you wish), your highest Halo skill rank (for teaming purposes), and what time(s) would be most convenient. In the interest if getting a large group together, I say that a few guests (friends) would be welcome (If anyone has any objections to this, please let me know).

I will update this post with MacNNers and their best time(s). Hopefully we can pull this off in early February.
Update: Info found on the first post here.
( Last edited by Dakar the Fourth; Jan 24, 2008 at 11:53 AM. )
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 01:18 PM
 
Andallray - 16-ish
Available: Mon-Thurs 7pm-12am PST

I have a feeling us west coasters might have issues with timing.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 01:29 PM
 
Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
Andallray - 16-ish
Available: Mon-Thurs 7pm-12am PST

I have a feeling us west coasters might have issues with timing.
Well, I think everyone is going to have to 'sacrifice' and give a range a little broader than their ideal. I take it a weekend meeting is out of the question for you?


The other, more individual friendly alternative is for us to have a Tourney, but honestly, our skill range is probably a little too diverse, and sek doesn't need any more reason to think highly of himself. But its a thought, if anyone likes it.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
 
FattyMcBlobicus - 42 going on 43

Always available weekends, Fridays and Thursdays are usually good too. EST
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Christ, are they gold plated or do you like getting ripped off or something?
20 bucks per wiper or so and I usually go through about three a year due to the amount of ice storms we get here on the coast.

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
That's crazy talk. Make her watch.
She can actually play a little. She knows how to move around, pick up weapons and throw grenades. Her forté was Halo 2 and she has yet to try 3.

Also, she can kick lots of ass in DOA4....which is her favorite game.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:42 PM
 
Kevin Bogues - Lv35
Weekdays - after 5pm - 2am EST
Weekends - ANYTIME
( Last edited by klb5090; Jan 22, 2008 at 02:49 PM. )
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
20 bucks per wiper or so and I usually go through about three a year due to the amount of ice storms we get here on the coast.
Alright, but that's not normal. The rest of use spend $30 every year or two. Don't cheapen our XBOX Live expenses because you live in some wacko weather place. Jerkface.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
She can actually play a little. She knows how to move around, pick up weapons and throw grenades. Her forté was Halo 2 and she has yet to try 3.
This reminds me, our buddy's girlfriend played a game, and another buddy teabagged her after he killed her. Awesome.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:43 PM
 
Crosbie360 - 11 (I need to start playing more ranked matches to get my skill up)
Time (PST): weekdays: 6pm - 12am ; weekends 12pm to 3am

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
Kevin Bogues - Lv35
Weekdays - after 5pm - 2am EST
Weekends - ANYTIME
We got a 35 ova hea! What's your highest level in?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Crosbie360 - 11 (I need to start playing more ranked matches to get my skill up)
Yeah, I imagine that's a bit of an under-rating.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
We got a 35 ova hea! What's your highest level in?
Crap, someone better than me. Not that its hard, but I didn't realize we had another quality player in here.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Alright, but that's not normal. The rest of use spend $30 every year or two. Don't cheapen our XBOX Live expenses because you live in some wacko weather place. Jerkface.
Hey! That rymed!

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
This reminds me, our buddy's girlfriend played a game, and another buddy teabagged her after he killed her. Awesome.
I went easy on her when we first started dating....like try to kill her using only the single pistol or SMG. Once she was all mine then I started to really kick her ass (she still got a legit kill here and there) which probably discouraged her from any future play.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I went easy on her when we first started dating....
It took me a second before I realized we weren't talking about tea-bagging. Sorry.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
 
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 03:01 PM
 
By the way, I forgot to comment, but I love the fact that you're a Territory tea-bagger. I had just seen that for the first time a week or two before. Way to mark that land as your own.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 03:11 PM
 
S7arman
Pretty much anytime after 7ish M-F and all day Sa/Su

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 03:24 PM
 
Starman graced us with his presence! yay!

Looks like the weekend is the right time.....cept for Maroma.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
 
I had to cold call him, but yeah.

Actually, I was thinking Thursday night, with a weekend day as a back up.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 07:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
Well, I think everyone is going to have to 'sacrifice' and give a range a little broader than their ideal. I take it a weekend meeting is out of the question for you?


The other, more individual friendly alternative is for us to have a Tourney, but honestly, our skill range is probably a little too diverse, and sek doesn't need any more reason to think highly of himself. But its a thought, if anyone likes it.
Actually, weekends aren't really out of the question. Its just that my girlfriend and I only see each other on the weekends, and I usually go without any Xbox during that time. But for special occasions I don't think she'd dump me over a few games.

So if you guys schedule a game for the weekend, I'll do my best to make it. I'd say I'd have about a 90% chance of making any weekend games. I just can't make it a habit.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 08:27 PM
 
Im a 35 in doubles but only a 30 in team slayer, truthfully i only play social now (BTB) but i'm ready for a some macnn gaming
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 08:29 PM
 
how do you play this on OSX
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2008, 10:15 PM
 
Impossible, my friend.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the hearts and minds of MacNNers
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 23, 2008, 10:08 AM
 
Alright gentlemen, here's my proposal.

We set-up a meeting starting on a Thursday at 9. We organize, do a couple of free-for-alls to warm up, by which time its close to 10 and hopefully ::maroma:: gets on. Then we divy up into teams, do a couple more games, then do a Big Battle on my Sandtrap Variant. Afterwards, we head into BTB and rock some socks.

Objection? Question? Indigestion?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 23, 2008, 11:39 AM
 
Sounds good to me. I'll try to be on Thursday evening as soon as I can.
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2