Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Good Games for a Macbook Pro?

Good Games for a Macbook Pro?
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2008, 10:20 PM

As I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro (256 MB VRAM), I've been trying to find some games for it that would work well on it. However, I'm not having a whole lot of luck. I've seen some on eBay but a lot of them seem to be much more expensive than their Windows-based counterparts. I have a few questions regarding games for the Mac OS...

- What sites are great for reading game reviews (Gamespot, my favorite gaming site, doesn't have anything Mac related on there)?

- Where's the best place to purchase them (e.g. most affordable)?

- What are some great games for the Mac OS? What would you recommend?

Thanks everyone!

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2008, 01:21 AM

Inside Mac Games
INSIDE MAC GAMES

in my opinion the best mac game review website, every review includes system tested on and recommendation for systems that could run the games.

as far as games go i'm sorry but i have no recommendations (orange box & halo 3 are taking up all my gaming time)

dustrho  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 3, 2008, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
as far as games go i'm sorry but i have no recommendations (orange box & halo 3 are taking up all my gaming time)
I'm in the same boat as you, as I'm playing nothing by Halo3 and COD4 on my Xbox 360. However, I'd like to get a couple games for my new MBP, so I can play with them on the train.

Thanks for the link to that site, I'll have to check it out.

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Mac Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2008, 03:26 PM

I'm not a hard core gamer, but i play games all the time on my Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo, 1 Gig RAM, 128 VRAM.

WOW
Warcraft III
COD 2
The Sims 2
Civ 4
to name a few.

All of them run very well as far as I'm concerned. If you're a hardcore gamer and expect nothing but 80fps with every feature at max, forget it. Just want to have fun, a Macbook Pro is more than capable of anything that is currently on the market.

www.insidemacgames.com
www.aspyr.com

my 4 cents (that's 2 cents adjusted for inflation)
"This is fun, right?"

Forum Links
Forum Rules