Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Halo: Reach

View Poll Results: Are you buying it?
Poll Options:
Well, yeah! 7 votes (38.89%)
Probably. It's not at the top of my list though. 2 votes (11.11%)
Nope. I hate Halo. 6 votes (33.33%)
I'm holding off; I don't know if I'm interested anymore 3 votes (16.67%)
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll
Halo: Reach (Page 14)
Thread Tools
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 1, 2010, 11:31 AM
 
Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
How do you guys feel about dedicating a day to playing everyone's customs. Maybe next Saturday or something.
Saturdays haven't been kind to me lately, unless you're talking after 7 or 8 pm EST DDT OPP
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 1, 2010, 11:44 AM
 
Nonfinal Lists:

Team Base Weapons
AR
DMR
Rocket Launcher
Sniper Rifle
Grenade Launcher
Shade Turret
Spartan Laser (Auxiliary Base)

Team Base Vehicles
Mongoose
Warthog, Turret
Warthog, Gauss
Banshee


Fortress Weapons
AR
Needle Rifle
Focus Rifle
Concussion Rifle
Plasma Launcher
Fuel Rod Cannon

Fortress Vehicles
Mongoose
Ghost (After spawn)
Wraith, Dedicated Artillery (After spawn)
Falcon (After spawn)
Scorpion (After spawn)

In case you can't tell, I don't want the first team to the Fortress to have immediate control of the game.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Oct 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM. )
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 1, 2010, 02:27 PM
 
Every Halo: Reach Rank (PICTURES)

Whoever thought Commander should go between Lt. Colonel and Colonel probably put two tanks on Hemorrhage and Team SWAT and Snipers in TS.

Edit: ...and did the spawns on Boneyard.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Oct 1, 2010 at 02:40 PM. )
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 1, 2010, 02:55 PM
 
Those higher ranks are a total throwback to the the upper Halo 2 icons. Moon, meteor, sun, etc were all from rank 45 and up in Halo 2. Of course NOBODY got them legitimately as the highest legit rank I ever saw was around 35.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 1, 2010, 03:01 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Of course NOBODY got them legitimately as the highest legit rank I ever saw was around 35.
It's going to be the same again. There's no legit Lt. Colonels and to get to Inheritor you need 35x the cR of a Grade 3.



Edit: Someone did the math on bungie's forums

So.. Discuss and leave your thoughts about what do you think about last rank for 20 Million credits. 365 days - 60,000 credits capped -- over 21 million.
It's Gears of War 2 all over again. I can't say I'm in favor of that, but the fact that it means it would take boosters/farmers over a year is sort of satisfying.

Personally, I hope when the rank cap goes up, they only add Commander, and go like this for a few months adding only one new rank at a time.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Oct 1, 2010 at 03:27 PM. )
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 2, 2010, 03:28 PM
 
Thanks with the playtesting last night, fellas. Not exactly clear on how to fix the spawning, or if I can do some modifier based on gametype.

Question: everyone thought the Gauss Hog was pretty broken, right (and the laser just as much)? I think I may make some changes to spawn location and times on that.

fatty, grenade launcher: absolutely worthless, right? (I think I tried to kill a mongoose and it took 4 non-direct impacts to kill it)
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 2, 2010, 06:57 PM
 
I'm at work for the third Saturday in a row, so I'm going to break down the bungie weekly update with some worthless commentary.


Bungie.net : Bungie Weekly Update: 10/01/10 : 10/1/2010 3:43 PM PDT

We’ve already promised a big mid-month Matchmaking deployment, but Jeremiah and the core team responsible for Reach’s playlist management have decided to fast track some of the “easier” implementations and break October’s update into two distinct and meaty halves. The first round of playlist updates, barring any unforeseen shenanigans, will go live on Tuesday of next week.
"The outrage over our poorly thought out matchmaking system has reached fever pitch, so we are scrambling to fix it before people start leaving in droves."


Team Slayer
SWAT is taking one in the face (being removed) and the weighting for all other gametypes will be adjusted to fall in line with voting data. Expect – surprise, surprise – more traditional Slayer offerings to appear.
"In the future, you may refer to this playlist as 'Team Snipers'"


Team SWAT
SWAT gametypes that are removed from other playlists are being incorporated into their own, unique playlist with adjustments made to modes and maps based on voting data (farewell SWAT on Hemorrhage, you sucked and everybody hated you).
"We're going back to the way things were in Halo 3, with adjustments made based on the fact that everything is unfolding like it did on Halo 3 (farewell SWAT on Hemorrhage, everyone voted for you)"


Big Team Battle
SWAT and Classic are being removed and the frequency of Snipers is being reduced based on – you guessed it – voting data.
"With SWAT gone Team Snipers will be voted for more than ever. We'll reduce the chance it comes up by pretending nobody ever voted for it."


The second salvo for October will include the fix to the current betrayal booting system, bringing it back in line with Halo 3 (three strikes and you’re out), and it will also introduce some significant changes to the Firefight experience, including the removal of friendly fire. Also on the way, a proper Team Snipers playlist, the possibility of a radar-less “Pro” experience in Season 3 of Arena, and more love spread out over all of our offerings, with a strong focus on Rumble Pit and Multi Team (all barring any unforeseen issues).
"After the current fixes are implemented we're going back to Halo 3 betrayal boot system (three strikes and you're out) instead of one, because we don't know the number 'two' exists. Firefight is also being modified because any asshole in rocketfight would find ways to boot his team. Lastly, there will be a Team Snipers playlist created next month, when we finally admit to ourselves that with SWAT gone every asshole will vote for Team Snipers twice as much."


TLDR Summary:
Originally Posted by bungie
"I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt."
---

I'll be on later. Campaign tonight?
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 2, 2010, 09:30 PM
 
Talking about betrayals. I had a couple stupid ones this morning (well my morning is early afternoon) in rocket firefight where I got booted. One on Corvette, I'm on one of the ledges watching for the covenant to drop, and boom, I get a good bunch and some idiot teammate who decided to walk among them. Then on beachhead, I kill the covenant in the wraith, get the wraith and shoot a covenant on the walkway, when after I let off a the shot, somebody in the warthog splatters the same covenant and gets killed by my shot! Talk about bad luck!
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2010, 03:34 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Thanks with the playtesting last night, fellas. Not exactly clear on how to fix the spawning, or if I can do some modifier based on gametype.

Question: everyone thought the Gauss Hog was pretty broken, right (and the laser just as much)? I think I may make some changes to spawn location and times on that.

fatty, grenade launcher: absolutely worthless, right? (I think I tried to kill a mongoose and it took 4 non-direct impacts to kill it)
Not sure if it was a glitch, but I was spawning with the DMR while everyone else was spawning with rockets.

It can get annoying, but you can easily spawn camp on your map depending on the game type, like in CTF. May be better if you can set other spawn locations up that aren't at your base. I know it's some work, but it will certainly make it more interesting to play.

I'm ticked because it seems that the games you play don't last more than 24 hrs in the history section of theater mode. I went back tonight to see if I could save the video of me hitting you with that lucky long-range wraith shot, but no files were in the history section. I thought it saved the most recent 20-30 matches? Lame!

BTW, your map was just as much fun as getting your sick ducked! Had a blast! We seriously need like a group of 8 on it. 2 vs. 3 just doesn't cut it.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2010, 01:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
It can get annoying, but you can easily spawn camp on your map depending on the game type, like in CTF. May be better if you can set other spawn locations up that aren't at your base. I know it's some work, but it will certainly make it more interesting to play.
Unfortunately, it's more a function of bungie's maps than my own. While I've modified the spawn settings, it's still possible to spawn camp if you know where shoot from. Bottom line is there are very few "safe" places to spawn on the map, and I had to build all of them.

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
BTW, your map was just as much fun as getting your sick ducked! Had a blast! We seriously need like a group of 8 on it. 2 vs. 3 just doesn't cut it.
Well, that was just for testing. Which I gleaned a boat-load of information from.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2010, 01:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
One on Corvette, I'm on one of the ledges watching for the covenant to drop, and boom, I get a good bunch and some idiot teammate who decided to walk among them.
There's a pretty good chance that was on purpose. Particularly if it was Rocketfight.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2010, 02:20 PM
 
Didn't get much gaming in this weekend but finished all but the final mission for my solo legendary run, After the pain that was Exodus, both New Alexandra and The Package were relatively painless (well, as painless as legendary with ninja like elites and limited ammo can be.)

Kcros, what's your advice for mission 10?
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2010, 02:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Thanks with the playtesting last night, fellas. Not exactly clear on how to fix the spawning, or if I can do some modifier based on gametype.
For the record I'm pissed I missed the beta , you guys need to figure out a way to page me for this stuff
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 3, 2010, 05:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
For the record I'm pissed I missed the beta , you guys need to figure out a way to page me for this stuff
ICQ?

Alright, I need to just leave my hands off the map at some point. Spawns have been reworked, weapons rebalanced, Home Bases have been given a mild redesign, but most importantly, I've added cover, lots of it. Hopefully this means you can at least cower when a vehicle does a drive by.

Vehicle Changelog:

Home Bases
Took out Gauss Hogs, replaced with Revenant

Fortress
Took out Ghosts, replaced with Gauss Hogs (Do not spawn at start)
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 02:02 PM
 
So, as far as I can tell, yesterday was International Griefing Day on Halo. It was amazingly incessant. It started in Firefight, where two guys just kept on my dropping my shield for half the fight (they managed to boot the fourth guy right off the bat). My stubborn refusal to retaliate (and watchful eye on their proximity to my rockets) must have frustrated them, because on guy finally took a pot shot at me after the last grunt was killed, but jumped the gun and I got to boot him.

I had guys concussing my ghost, grenading my warthog so they could drive, and in the coup de grace, started a game of CTF watching four guys bee-line for the tank, the winner betray and get kicked, the tank destroyed, and with 8 1/2 minutes to go was down to 4 people. Amazingly we fought off the other team for 5 minutes before they managed to score.

IIRC, things were like this in the early days of H3, and it later tapered off. Bad news is most of us won't be here that long. Also, once the new betrayal system gets instituted, people will now know they can betray three times before getting booted. Look forward to losing your sniper more often, sek.

---

Bogues, its up to you to organize a big meet-up for my map, since I have no crew this time round. Also, I've put the current version up for download on my file share. It's named "The Iron Curtain".

I also downloaded two custom maps built around Highrise and Rust. Both seemed bigger, barer, and were so terrible on preview I immediately deleted them.

Pics coming later.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 02:46 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I had guys concussing my ghost, grenading my warthog so they could drive, and in the coup de grace, started a game of CTF watching four guys bee-line for the tank, the winner betray and get kicked, the tank destroyed, and with 8 1/2 minutes to go was down to 4 people. Amazingly we fought off the other team for 5 minutes before they managed to score.

IIRC, things were like this in the early days of H3, and it later tapered off. Bad news is most of us won't be here that long. Also, once the new betrayal system gets instituted, people will now know they can betray three times before getting booted. Look forward to losing your sniper more often, sek.
That CTF game sounds familiar....

I seem to have had a great day yesterday. I think I stayed mostly positive and had a couple games where I was around +16. Must have been some new cannonfodder around yesterday and some of the pros must have had a day off.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Also, I've put the current version up for download on my file share. It's named "The Iron Curtain".
I'll have to download it and check it out. Probably tommorrow, as today I plan to finish off my second playthrough of Mass Effect 2.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 04:44 PM
 
The reason Sunday sucks for playing Halo: the real men are watching football.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 04:48 PM
 
Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
The reason Sunday sucks for playing Halo: the real men are watching football.
So what were you doing yesterday, then?

Also, I made a vid of us jacking that warthog on Paradiso.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 04:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
So what were you doing yesterday, then?
Playing Starcraft 2, obviously.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Also, I made a vid of us jacking that warthog on Paradiso.
Do share.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 05:06 PM
 
Bungie.net : Reach : Player File Share

Solid example of bungie gameplay. We both spawn staring a firing warthog in the face.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 05:09 PM
 
Two shots from campaign Sat:

KAMIKAZE!





There seems to be a glitch in Theater where you lose night vision as soon as you move the camera. Hence the dark second shot.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 07:48 PM
 
It's a shame you can't pick up enough speed with the forklift to get a splatter kill.

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 4, 2010, 08:07 PM
 
It's a crime is what it is.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 01:19 AM
 
Finished up the Solo Legendary run tonight, and I have to be honest Pillar of Autumn was no where near as hard as some of the earlier levels.

On a side note I'm right over half way through grade 3.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 05:19 AM
 
You son of a bitch. You got the achievement before I did.

So Pillar of Autumn was easy? How long did it take to beat and what game style did you use? Speed though bypassing enemies from check point to check point or did you take it slow and kill everything in your path? Also, where would you place it on difficulty next to missions like Exodus or Long Night of Solace (space/corvette level)?

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 11:21 AM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Finished up the Solo Legendary run tonight, and I have to be honest Pillar of Autumn was no where near as hard as some of the earlier levels.

On a side note I'm right over half way through grade 3.
Meet-up, Bogues, meet-up. Focus.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 11:22 AM
 
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
It's a shame you can't pick up enough speed with the forklift to get a splatter kill.
I got a splatter with a forklift on firefight last night. All it requires is hitting it with an explosion so it bounces into a grunt hard enough to kill them.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 12:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I got a splatter with a forklift on firefight last night. All it requires is hitting it with an explosion so it bounces into a grunt hard enough to kill them.
Leave it to Dakar to find an inventive way to get a splatter with it. I'm surprised it counts as a splatter as you weren't driving the forklift at the time.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 12:35 PM
 
Unfortunately it gets listed as a cone kill on my feed.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 01:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
You son of a bitch. You got the achievement before I did.

So Pillar of Autumn was easy? How long did it take to beat and what game style did you use? Speed though bypassing enemies from check point to check point or did you take it slow and kill everything in your path? Also, where would you place it on difficulty next to missions like Exodus or Long Night of Solace (space/corvette level)?
I can tell you it's no harder than exodus, IMO the best way to play is to stay back and kill EVERY enemy , I only used the DMR and a big secondary (rockets, laser, shotgun) the trick is to back track for DMR ammo and to get check points. Also a huge trick is to crouch jump through the window to the right of the door when facing the final hunters. Next up durin the final fight you have to hide in that room and kill the enemies with the DMR and shotgun if you get rushed. Don't forget about the hidden ammo stash (made life much easier). As with all legendary levels ... go slow! During the elite battle right before the cannon make sure you take out that floating shield generator.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 01:14 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Meet-up, Bogues, meet-up. Focus.
I'm working on it, I'm working on it.
Hows Friday for everyone? 10pm EST?
Or saturday? I should have a group of three to bring along
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 01:14 PM
 
When, Saturday? Like I said, I've been working weekends.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 01:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
When, Saturday? Like I said, I've been working weekends.
Probably 7/8Pm EST
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 01:46 PM
 
That's doable. Not sure I can rope anyone in on my end, but I'll try. Tell me when it's set in stone, I'll start a second thread to pull in as much of MacNN as possible.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 02:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
I can tell you it's no harder than exodus, IMO the best way to play is to stay back and kill EVERY enemy , I only used the DMR and a big secondary (rockets, laser, shotgun) the trick is to back track for DMR ammo and to get check points. Also a huge trick is to crouch jump through the window to the right of the door when facing the final hunters. Next up durin the final fight you have to hide in that room and kill the enemies with the DMR and shotgun if you get rushed. Don't forget about the hidden ammo stash (made life much easier). As with all legendary levels ... go slow! During the elite battle right before the cannon make sure you take out that floating shield generator.
Where's this hidden ammo stash you mentioned?

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 02:04 PM
 
Kinda hard to explain, there was a video on achivementhunter.com, I'd post the link but I'm at work, I'll find it when I get home if you don't find it
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 03:18 PM
 
I found a cheat for the 1,000,000 points on firefight achievement. It's a map variant that turns on all the skulls, gives you unlimited rocket ammo, and seems to make you invincible.

I used it to get the 200,000 points on firefight achievement, not reading everything about it (I didn't know it made you invincible).

I'll post the link to the map, if anyone wants to use it.

Linky.... http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...er=rabidkitty4
( Last edited by Leonard; Oct 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM. )
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 04:46 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
I'm working on it, I'm working on it.
Hows Friday for everyone? 10pm EST?
Or saturday? I should have a group of three to bring along
Friday @10p EST or Saturday @Anytime EST works for me.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 05:12 PM
 
I'll be free Friday night. Saturday is a no go for KCros and I.

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 05:49 PM
 
Oh, I forgot to post this:

     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2010, 06:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Where's this hidden ammo stash you mentioned?
Ammo Cache on Pillar of Autumn
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 12:52 AM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Son of a... that would have made it so much easier! Seriously, I had to fight all those god damn brutes at the end with measly weapons which made it a ton harder.
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 01:04 AM
 
Bungie lays down the ban hammer

Bungie has slammed the ban hammer and carried out credit resets on some 15,000 gamers they have identified as exploiting a challenge for extra credits.

The exploit allowed gamers to complete a challenge 20+ times through intentional network manipulation (disconnecting) earning them more credits than they should have rightly received. These gamers will find, by now, that their credits have been reset and that they have been banned for a 24 hour period. The one day ban is less of a punishment and more of a means of letting them know they've been caught cheating.

Bungie had this to say on their weekly update:


While we understand the compulsion to race to the top and earn all the good gear before any of your friends do, network manipulation and other easily detectable workarounds that fall well outside of standard gameplay will result in a credit reset and several other punitive measures designed to knock you back down to a level playing field with all the rest of us who are playing the game without having to resort to exploits.

Man, the things people do.
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 01:37 AM
 
Just got an idea. When Bungie decides to hold an XP weekend event for Reach, they should just allow you to do the daily challenges an unlimited number of times instead. That'd be awesome!
     
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 10:21 AM
 
Cros and I played a lot of firefight last night, I'm 18 games into the weekly challenge.

My progress towards captain really moved last night due to all the commendations i finished off with our firefight explosion.



EDIT: I had a single game worth 4100 Credits (3 commendations finished)
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 01:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Man, the things people do.
I feel like you're baiting me.

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
EDIT: I had a single game worth 4100 Credits (3 commendations finished)
I feel like I've hit a sort of butter zone for Multi and Firefight where I'm starting hit benchmarks for commendations regularly. I think I had a +2500 game last night (with commendations and challenges).

---


I thought they were gonna remove friendly fire from firefight, but I think it's still there. Also, at the end of games people are blowing their wad too soon. Twice last night I got betrayed after all the enemies were killed, but before the game ended, so I booted the people. Dumbasses.


Also had a chance to play with the Wraith on Hemorrhage. Such a ridiculous improvement. I wasn't dominating, but i spent a game of Flag defending our base and could feel the enemy focusing in on me trying to jack or destroy me harder and harder until they finally just sent a convoy of a Ghost, Revenant, and Wraith to obliterate me. Of course, doing so cost them the Ghost, Revenant and Wraith. Their sacrifice came too late, however, as the game ended in a victory for us shortly after.

Still, always a pleasure when you accumulate that much hate.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 02:30 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Cros and I played a lot of firefight last night, I'm 18 games into the weekly challenge.

My progress towards captain really moved last night due to all the commendations i finished off with our firefight explosion.

I finally reached Captain two games after you left.



Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
EDIT: I had a single game worth 4100 Credits (3 commendations finished)
To bad that wasn't the same game where we had a 777 slot bonus. I'm 10 games away from finishing this week's challenge.

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 04:00 PM
 
Not sure anyone will agree with me on this, but I'm finding the Banshee's locking fuel rod cannon to be really overpowered. It's pretty much impossible to escape. At full boost on a Ghost it will still arc strongly enough that the blast when it hits behind me causes damage.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 04:46 PM
 
I've seen some weird uses of the Banshee of late. I had a Banshee user pin my ghost into a corner and then just shoot me until I died. I seen another Banshee do the say to a person.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 6, 2010, 04:50 PM
 
Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Bungie has slammed the ban hammer and carried out credit resets on some 15,000 gamers they have identified as exploiting a challenge for extra credits.

The exploit allowed gamers to complete a challenge 20+ times through intentional network manipulation (disconnecting) earning them more credits than they should have rightly received. These gamers will find, by now, that their credits have been reset and that they have been banned for a 24 hour period. The one day ban is less of a punishment and more of a means of letting them know they've been caught cheating.

Bungie had this to say on their weekly update:



Man, the things people do.
Reminds me of the lag switchers in CoD:MW2. Damn, I hated those.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2014 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2