Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Gaming News & Discussion

Gaming News & Discussion (Page 125)
P
Mar 3, 2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
This is actually an excellent point.

I've played Mass Effect 1 and 2, but never tried out the Dragon Age games. Are any of them work a pick-up in 2017 (I'm sure they're on sale all the time).
The original Dragon Age: Origins is still worth playing, and still feels modern. It borrows quite heavily from Game of Thrones, then only a book series and not TV yet, which means it has aged well. The combat system is also a nice system with a few complex interactions between spells. Downside is the engine which puts you completely on rails and then tries to hide it. You can only use the pre-defined corridors, much like NWN or something, but the game tries its damnedest to make you not notice overmuch by giving you environments that are corridor-based anyway.

DA2 should be avoided like the plague. There is nothing good about this game, and the gameplay in particular is non-existent.

DA:I is not bad, per se, but it is more of an off-brand Skyrim than anything else, and the story just isn't very good.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Games Meister
Mar 3, 2017, 07:03 PM

Watching a Switch stream and people trying to mimic the video motion controls and failing already. 10 years of this shit.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2017, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
Who bought a Switch?
I did! Complete impulse buy. It was sold out everywhere but my local Target had 20 in stock. Picked it up with Zelda during my lunch break. You know what I'm playing all weekend... Destiny.

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.

Mar 7, 2017, 12:41 AM

Not sure if this is against the rules or not. If so please accept my apologies and delete the message.

We are looking for new people to join us in a browser based game. Its a geo-political game. You can run for office, own companies employee workers and fight for your country. The US is pretty weak compared to other companies in the game and are looking to get new players playing. That being said people from all countries are welcome. If it sounds interesting come join us. We will be happy to help you get started. Thanks for your time.

Ref: https://www.erevollution.com/en/register/73131
iBook G4 1.42 60GB 768mb. G5 iPod Video White 30 Gig.

Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 15, 2017, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pogomwg View Post
The US is pretty weak compared to other companies in the game and are looking to get new players playing.
Ha.

Posting Junkie
Mar 24, 2017, 03:42 PM

Anyone else play Rocket League's new mode, Dropshot, yet?

I've been playing doubles about 4 nights per week for the last several months, and I didn't give Dropshot much thought, but holy crap, is that mode fun. I was initially skeptical, and I'm not sure how long the novelty will last, but the concept is so much better in practice.

Mar 26, 2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I am going to preorder it in a couple weeks. I think it is going to be awesome. The game play videos make it look really good even though that is the point of them.
Playing it now. Combat system is interesting, and a lot faster than previous iterations. Story is okay. Squad mates don't seem to have as much input. Facial animations are bad. The lead character always look like he is about to make a joke during a serious situation or just farted.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

P
Mar 27, 2017, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Playing it now. Combat system is interesting, and a lot faster than previous iterations. Story is okay. Squad mates don't seem to have as much input. Facial animations are bad. The lead character always look like he is about to make a joke during a serious situation or just farted.
That would be ME:A, yes? What platform are you playing on?

It seems to be suffering from a lack of polish. The facial animations are the joke of the gaming side of the 'net right now. Wonder if they will clean this up with a patch, or if they think it's fine?
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Mar 27, 2017, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
That would be ME:A, yes? What platform are you playing on?

It seems to be suffering from a lack of polish. The facial animations are the joke of the gaming side of the 'net right now. Wonder if they will clean this up with a patch, or if they think it's fine?
Playing on xBox One. A patch is coming to fix a lot of things. The character creator customization as well. Also to fix some of the jankyness when driving around planets. The game is pretty and there is a lot to do.

I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

P
Mar 28, 2017, 04:01 AM

Most people seem to agree that it is DA:I in space. I think I'll pick it up on a sale some time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules