Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Need help creating a footer and other CSS issues and validation

Need help creating a footer and other CSS issues and validation
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2005, 02:00 PM

http://mike-m.org
Ok, one problem I just fixed was one with the min-height of the center div. I set it to 50 percent. So that fixes that problem. But it doesn't work in the latest safari. It works in the new webcore, so its only a matter of time. it works fine in firefox.

The other problem I have is a footer. I tried stacking the divs but I can't seem to get it to make a footer. I wanted a box that was same width as the main column that sits right below it. Obv not very tall. Can someone point me in the right direction. I seemed to have found some possible solutions but I guess none of them worked in opera. I guessing the best bet is nested div? Next the left, right, and center in a div, and just put a another div at the bottom centered?

One last thing I just remember. The html validator site says it can't find the doctype, but its there. I can't figure out why it wont run. I am also not sure if its valid, because Most of the code you see from me was just

<div id="right">
<?php mosLoadModules ( 'right' ); ?>
<?php mosLoadModules ( 'user2' ); ?>
</div>

I don't know how valid the stuff is that Mambo generates.
( Last edited by TheMosco; Jul 12, 2005 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Fixed some stuff myself. Added new problems.)
AXP
ΔΣΦ

Forum Links
Forum Rules