Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How can I save my emails for offline viewing?

How can I save my emails for offline viewing?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2003, 08:33 PM

How can I save my emails so I can view my emails without having to hook up on the internet? Thank you.

Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2003, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by iExcel:
How can I save my emails so I can view my emails without having to hook up on the internet? Thank you.

This is horribly vague.

What email client do you use? Web mail? What sort of account is it? IMAP? POP3?

Answers to these questions are critical info.
cpac

iExcel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2003, 12:14 AM

I'm using Yahoo email account. I'd like to be able to view the emails without having to log on the internet and be able to save the emails to CD disk. So far, I've tried to do "Save As" but I wasn't able to view it without having to log on the net.

Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2003, 01:28 AM

Hmm I don't know the specifics of Yahoo accounts, but in general, accounts such as hotmail and yahoo are made so you must be on the internet to view them. This is how they make money (from banner ads while you read your emails). You could always copy and paste them into TextEdit documents, but that isn't very efficient.

To be honest, if you really want this feature, you should get a better emailo account. .Mac ones are pricey if all you want is email. For about $5US a month I have my own domain name, and email hosting set up which you can read in a mail client (such as Apple's built in 'mail'). If you prefer, you can also use this in a web browser for when you are not at your computer.

Does that help at all?

Forum Links
Forum Rules