Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can I transfer files from 10.7 to an older computer?

Can I transfer files from 10.7 to an older computer?
Forum Regular
Apr 12, 2012, 10:57 AM

I have Dreamweaver MX from 2004 but it no longer works on this iMac because PowerPC files are no longer supported.. I have a backup running at all times.. but can I

1. Simply plugin this backup HD in the older computer with an earlier system - and run it?

2. Can I copy the files onto a thumb drive and transfer them? if so, how would you get all those little bits?

Thanks.

Jim

Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2012, 11:06 AM

Most convenient way would be to turn on Sharing and share a folder with the file to be worked on, then you can access them from either computer. No flash drive needed (ethernet vs sneakernet) and backup drive stays a backup drive.

Forum Regular
Apr 12, 2012, 12:05 PM

Mile grazie..BLaze. Cable it is. Cheers.

Jim

Forum Links
Forum Rules