Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes Match always crashed iTunes

iTunes Match always crashed iTunes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2012, 10:39 AM

I opened a case because iTunes Match would never complete the upload process of my music; it would crash iTunes EVERY TIME when moving to step 3.

When I called Apple Support, they warned me that I may need to enter a contract for support as my iPhone product was no longer under warranty (I currently have a 3 GS and my iPhone 5 will be arriving from Apple next Thursday).

I reminded the clueless outsourced support rep on the phone that the problem had nothing to do with the iPhone device, it was for the iTunes Match product that crashes my iTunes, and I have fully PAID for this product which does not work.
I have read many similar problems with iTunes "Match" online, and no one has suggested a solution that works. The product is inferior.

Since she was about to transfer me again to someone who may or MAY NOT be able to support me without paying for a service contract, I told her not to waste my time, and I just want a refund for iTunes Match since no one seems to want to stand behind this product. She said she would send me the refund form to my e-mail.

Summary: Problem not solved, my time no longer wasted with iTunes Match, customer support, FAIL.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2013, 11:25 AM

I was also dissatisfied with iTunes Match, in that many songs that should've matched just didn't. Apple told me that they don't offer any refunds for iTunes Match. I sure didn't renew my service after the first year though.

Having said that, there is a good chance that one track in particular was tripping up iTunes Match, and if you watched carefully you might be able to figure out which one. So if you really wanted to get it working, you might have been able to isolate the problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules