Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > No Apple Mail Import Option in Outlook 2011 for Mac

No Apple Mail Import Option in Outlook 2011 for Mac
Baninated
Apr 10, 2013, 02:16 AM

There is no import option for apple mail in outlook 2011, as i click the import option in outlook the apple mail does not show up.

I am looking for a solution to transfer mails from Apple mail to Outlook 2011. I have tons of mails to be transferred that i need to transfer. i have not found any answers that can solve my problem effectively.

Helpful answers will be really appreciated. Looking forward for positive answers/solutions.

Thanks for help.

Apr 10, 2013, 11:30 AM

do you have icloud and just want to use outlook to view on the mac, or are you using some other mail service?

AFAIK, you don't want to import, you want to set up outlook to connect to the cloud and bring it down from there.

Clinically Insane
Apr 10, 2013, 06:01 PM

Obvious question: Why Outlook at all?

Microsoft obviously isn't interested in allowing you to use it; why entrust your data to a product made with that attitude?

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 10, 2013, 07:04 PM

I was in the same boat and went the IMAP route. Took a little while to UL/DL thousands of emails but it was easy. There are tools to automate this but they cost $40...just use IMAP (Gmail has it but then Google will scan your emails and upload them to their evil servers under the hollowed-out volcano for future nefarious deeds).

The reason to go with Outlook is it's very good. Apple's GUI experimentation with AddressBook and iCal made me revert to Outlook and I love it.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Clinically Insane
Apr 10, 2013, 10:55 PM

Yeah, with IMAP you don't have to worry about import/export issues.

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2013, 12:38 PM

Right, or you could simply use IMAP as your export/import then revert back to POP3 is that's your thing.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Clinically Insane
Apr 11, 2013, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
I was in the same boat and went the IMAP route. Took a little while to UL/DL thousands of emails but it was easy. There are tools to automate this but they cost $40...just use IMAP (Gmail has it but then Google will scan your emails and upload them to their evil servers under the hollowed-out volcano for future nefarious deeds).

The reason to go with Outlook is it's very good. Apple's GUI experimentation with AddressBook and iCal made me revert to Outlook and I love it.

Have you looked at imapsync? Only the source code, professional support, and Windows version costs money.

Baninated
Apr 11, 2013, 02:30 PM

hello everyone,

I have tries the IMAP, but the problem with that is i cannot transfer all of my files all together. I have many folders in which there are many mails. I do not want to disturb the folder hierarchy. Is there any way to transfer the files without disturbing the folder hierarchy.

I have visited other forums too on other sites, and there are discussions about some third party tools. Can you all shed some light in that part.

Thanks

Clinically Insane
Apr 11, 2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Goldy_666 View Post
hello everyone,

I have tries the IMAP, but the problem with that is i cannot transfer all of my files all together. I have many folders in which there are many mails. I do not want to disturb the folder hierarchy. Is there any way to transfer the files without disturbing the folder hierarchy.

I have visited other forums too on other sites, and there are discussions about some third party tools. Can you all shed some light in that part.

Thanks

There are IMAP clients that can transfer entire folder contents, I don't know of any off the top of my head that will let you transfer all folders at once.

It is worth the pain you'll endure to get yourself on IMAP though, IMHO nobody should be using POP anymore.

Baninated
Apr 11, 2013, 03:17 PM

You can give a try to third party tools if you are having trouble with IMAP account.
I used Mail spammer pro tool to transfer all my mails to outlook 2011. Its a user friendly tool with a lot of other features too. But first go for ots trial version. Get more information about this tool at this crap website I'm spamming for

I hope this help help you
Thanks
( Last edited by Thorzdad; Apr 11, 2013 at 03:50 PM. )

Baninated
Apr 11, 2013, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the help Hunt Mac. I will look into the link you suggested and let you know the results.

Baninated
Apr 11, 2013, 03:39 PM

I have downloaded its trial version to check its working and its working fine. But it is transferring only 10 mails per folder, whats that issue.

Baninated
Apr 11, 2013, 03:43 PM

Its because you are using the trial version. once you are satisfied with the trial version then you can but this tool to transfer all your mails.

Baninated
Apr 11, 2013, 03:45 PM

Okay. I will go for that as i have no other options left. Thanx for the help Hunt Mac. Mail spammer pro is the one then. Thank you once again.

Apr 11, 2013, 03:46 PM

Oh, look! Matching Mumbai IPs!
Whatever could that mean?

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2013, 06:11 PM

Delicious...Turkey Spam is even better.

Apr 11, 2013, 06:23 PM

What's the point of Spam if you can identify the meat?

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2013, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
What's the point of Spam if you can identify the meat?
To eat...duh

If you look close, they say it's Turkey*

* May not actually contain turkey.

Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2013, 04:11 AM

jeez all that effort to spam the 15 people who will look in this thread, all of which will have zero chance of actually buying the product. Effective marketing there.

Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2013, 05:01 AM

This place features prominently in Google searches, too, for years to come.

Forum Links
Forum Rules