Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Move emails from apple mail to windows outlook

Move emails from apple mail to windows outlook
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2013, 02:17 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have recently bought a windows laptop as majority companions in my office have windows only. I also have mac book pro having apple mail as my e-mail client. I work in a small company in which e-mail is the life blood of our company. So now what I need to do is move all my emails from apple mail to outlook that is present in windows laptop. I haven't found any answers or discussions regarding this topic on this forum site. Can any one please help me get over with this problem or at least guide me or direct me to the forum where solution for this query is posted.

Your help will be really appreciated. Thank you.

Apr 20, 2013, 03:00 PM

Your email is in a "cloud" somewhere, or a microsoft exhange server. You don't need to copy emails, but just connect outlook to your email server.

who do you use?

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2013, 10:00 PM

I'm pretty sure this is another spammer.

If it's not: unless you're using POP3 to get your email, you don't need to back up anything.

Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2013, 10:08 PM

We should create a sticky thread called "moving email from one account to another or one email program to another", and in it:

"don't, use IMAP"

Administrator
Apr 24, 2013, 07:05 PM

And this certainly doesn't belong in the Mac Laptops forum. Like the other one didn't.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2013, 12:33 AM

Of course, if you move it, you'll never know if it was really spam, since the helpful colleague won't find the thread again.

Administrator
Apr 25, 2013, 06:02 AM

Redirect in the original forum, looks almost just like the original. I think we're covered.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2013, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
We should create a sticky thread called "moving email from one account to another or one email program to another", and in it:

"don't, use IMAP"
This has been discussed ad nauseam in other threads; there are legitimate uses for POP3, uses where IMAP can't suffice.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

SteNash  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2013, 02:55 PM

Its a small setup and company is using pop3 as I checked in the outlook settings.
I wasn't aware about it earlier as some one else did the setup for email long back.

SteNash  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2013, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by SteNash View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have recently bought a windows laptop as majority companions in my office have windows only. I also have mac book pro having apple mail as my e-mail client. I work in a small company in which e-mail is the life blood of our company. So now what I need to do is move all my emails from apple mail to outlook that is present in windows laptop. I haven't found any answers or discussions regarding this topic on this forum site. Can any one please help me get over with this problem or at least guide me or direct me to the forum where solution for this query is posted.

Your help will be really appreciated. Thank you.
I haven't found any solution to my query yet. I have posted this query on various forums and still no one has helped me get an answer...!!!

Is there no answer to this question...???

Clinically Insane
May 12, 2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
This has been discussed ad nauseam in other threads; there are legitimate uses for POP3, uses where IMAP can't suffice.

Not many of them though. Users should at least default to using and thinking IMAP.

Clinically Insane
May 12, 2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by SteNash View Post
I haven't found any solution to my query yet. I have posted this query on various forums and still no one has helped me get an answer...!!!

Is there no answer to this question...???

Is OS X Mail using POP or IMAP?

Clinically Insane
May 12, 2013, 03:09 PM

As per his previous post, the account seems to require POP.

SteNash  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2013, 04:19 PM

Well having no offence to the forum rules, I found my solution in an application named Mail Passport Pro. I easily migrated all my emails from Apple mail to Windows outlook with easy steps provided by this application.

I found this tool here : Apple Mail to PST Convert – Convert Apple Mail Emails to WIndows Outlook PST

I am not an advertiser, just sharing my solution with other people.
I hope this will be a huge help to the other people who are looking to import/migrate/transfer their emails from apple mail to Windows outlook.

Thank you

Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2013, 04:38 PM

SteNash: why is this product necessary?

Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2013, 04:53 PM

Because he isn't using IMAP?

Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Because he isn't using IMAP?

It would be a heck of a lot easier to setup an IMAP account to use to migrate messages over, even if for whatever reason this person ultimately wants to continue using POP (although you'd think that with an experience like this these people would stop making themselves gluttons for punishment). These products literally have no fathomable reason to exist that I can see, aside from maybe giving a more obvious path for POP users - when these sorts of products work.

Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2013, 05:39 PM

Mail will export to mbox format i believe. It certain imports from it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules