Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > New bug in the latest iTunes

New bug in the latest iTunes
Mac Elite
Location: Excellent, the sports issue is within arm's reach, I'll be here all day.
May 25, 2013, 11:52 AM

I didn't see an iTunes thread in the forum, so here goes:

When I first launch iTunes, I normally hold down << or >> for 0.5 seconds to adjust where I am in the song, and it skips over about 5 seconds, then 6 seconds, then increasingly more.

But
if I play a long song for a while, then go back to the beginning, I have to hold down << or >> for 1.0 seconds, and when iTunes finally responds, 11 seconds of the song are skipped. If I hold down << or >> for 0.5 seconds like I normally would, nothing happens.

This is the latest bug in iTunes.
This one time, at Boot Camp, I stuck a flute up my PC.

And.reg  (op)
Mac Elite
Location: Excellent, the sports issue is within arm's reach, I'll be here all day.
Nov 29, 2013, 09:54 PM

Also:

iTunes has a bug where, sometimes, if you drag an image into the Artwork tab of the song's (or more typically a very long podcast's) Info Window, the image won't be saved when you exit the window. You have to convert the whole file into another format then drag the image into that converted file in iTunes to get it to save.

Clinically Insane
Nov 29, 2013, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
Also:

iTunes has a bug where, sometimes, if you drag an image into the Artwork tab of the song's (or more typically a very long podcast's) Info Window, the image won't be saved when you exit the window. You have to convert the whole file into another format then drag the image into that converted file in iTunes to get it to save.
Not seeing this. Just spent all day importing about 100 CDs, and added a lot of covers manually. Not once did I see this error, and I haven't since upgrading to iTunes 11.

And.reg  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2013, 05:10 PM

I never had that problem with CDs, just occasionally with these super long podcasts that DJs make available for free download.

And.reg  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2013, 11:40 AM

Update:

This problem also sometimes happens when I copy artwork from another song into another .aif file song -- even if it's only 3 minutes, so length seems to not be one of the causal variables.

Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2013, 05:46 PM

I don't think covers are stored in the AIFF files, but I'm not sure.

Forum Links
Forum Rules