Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Airport Utility 631.4 stopped recognizing new Apple AC router

Airport Utility 631.4 stopped recognizing new Apple AC router
Forum Regular
Jul 12, 2013, 10:38 AM

I downloaded the Airport Utility update 6.3.1 (631.4) yesterday.

I have three Airport Extremes in my house.
One 6th Gen AC Extreme (newest)
One 5th Gen n Extreme.
One 4th Gen n Extreme.

I also have a 1st Gen Airport Express hooked up to a printer. This stopped working, I reset it to factor defaults, and I can not get it to be recognized on my network I believe because of my problem below.

The new Airport Utility does not recognize my "6th Gen AC Extreme". The funny thing is that the "6th Gen AC Extreme" is my main base-station which is connected to the internet directly. The other Extreme's merely extend the range of my signal and act as hubs for other devices to plug into the internet via ethernet.

My "6th Gen AC Extreme" is also connected to my USB HDD and does time machine backups, fortunately those still work.

Fortunately my household internet still works even if Airport Utility can't see it. I am afraid to mess around with it since my internet is currently working as is.... Any ideas what my problem is? Why does the new Airport Utility not "see" my latest Apple Airport Extreme?

Oh also I can "see" my 6th gen Extreme when using my iPhone or iPad Airport utility... it is just the desktop version of Airport Utility that is having problems.

Forum Regular
Jul 12, 2013, 02:14 PM

NVM simply required to reset everything to factory defaults and then set it up again. Works now.

Jul 12, 2013, 03:26 PM

If it ever happens again, you could of course hook up directly to it over ethernet.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules