Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto 11 will not email photos

iPhoto 11 will not email photos
Oct 10, 2013, 09:45 AM

So I finally shelled out the $$ and upgraded to iphoto 11, I wanted all the easy new facebook sharing (was tired of exporting to the desktop and then dragging in).

Well, new Facebook share works great, but they seem to have crippled email integration. When using the "send with iPhoto" option, it opens a "mail" layer in iphoto, and needs reauthentication to send. It doesn't pull in the right settings from Mail and throws errors (cannot connect).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=30&tstart=0

I googled and this topic seemed relevant, so I tried a bunch of stuff therein (deleting iphoto email accounts, adding my email account back in, checking Mail.app preferences and changing port numbers to match...) All for naught.

All way too complicated and unnecessary. How could apple have broken something so simple? All I can think of is that iPhoto doesn't know what a .mac email address is, which is odd since Mail does...

I found the setting to switch iphoto to send with Mail.app, and now it's fine, but it's just frustrating.

Oct 10, 2013, 03:19 PM

Huh. I didn't even know you could do this! I've always used Mail. I just tried it and it's rather clever. Now I don't have to explain to my mother-in-law every time about how to export photos then attach them to emails!

In any case, I didn't see anything about deleting iPhoto prefs in your troubleshooting efforts. Have you tried that?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules