Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mavericks Calendar and iCloud

Mavericks Calendar and iCloud
Administrator
Nov 6, 2013, 08:28 AM

As I mentioned in the Mavericks thread, I'd had issues with Calendar basically stalling on "moving calendars to server account." After a restart, I thought I'd cleared that up (I was prompted for my iCloud password, and things seemed to work afterward). Not so much.

Calendar is stuck "Moving calendars to server account..." and stays that way. Overnight, it doesn't seem to have made any progress, as I still have the barber pole instead of a progress bar. I've restarted a couple more times without any change. Calendar won't quit, and I have to Force Quit to get it to stop. Oddly, it doesn't look like Calendar is actually doing anything online, with 0 bytes sent or received...

Any idea what's going on here? The app doesn't seem to respond differently if I de-select iCloud for the calendar.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Administrator
Nov 6, 2013, 09:06 PM

I found my answer after figuring out the right things to search for. This Apple Support discussion had the fix. It seems that just selecting iCloud for Calendar doesn't really connect the two. You have to Force Quit Calendar (and Reminders if it's running - it causes the same issue), un-select iCloud for it/them, restart the apps one at a time, and then add your iCloud account to each, individually. Really easy. Too bad it wasn't obvious, intuitive, or even set up correctly for an upgrade install...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules