Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > QT 10.x vs 7.6.9 on OS 10.6.4

QT 10.x vs 7.6.9 on OS 10.6.4
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2014, 03:09 PM

Ive recenly moved to 10.6.4 from 10.5.8 due to a disk failure.

10.6.4 seems to have QT 10.x on it which I dont care for at all: it doesnt seem to have a Preferences file under the QT on the top of the screen

it seems to have a controller in the screen not below it and I cant seem for the life of be to figure out how to get rid of that controller and edit qt movies.

I have QT 7.6.8 ( pro ) if that still matters. I use it a lot to edit QT files. the controller or scrubber or what ever you call it is below the movie file

can I make this my default on 10.6.4 or 10. 6. 8?

iit seems to work fine, but defaults to QT 10.x

many thanks again !
MacPro 2.66 dual 3GB RAM 1.5 TB HD's
24" + 21" Samsung flat panels
Miglia mini HD (Great!)

P
Mar 21, 2014, 07:48 AM

I think you can make Quicktime 7 the default the same way you set any application as default: Get info for any file that can be opened by both, set it to Quicktime 7 click the button that changes it for all files of that type, I forget the exact title.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

rotuts  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2014, 09:26 AM

good idea

Ive thought of that

but anything new to the computer ends up as QT 10 and has some sort of connection to itunes.

after the other stuff gets done, Ill make an appointment at the Apple store

many thanks
Miglia mini HD (Great!)

P
Mar 21, 2014, 10:55 AM

If you click that button, that changes it for all future files as well - at least it's supposed to. I still use QT7 for some things on Mavericks.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

rotuts  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2014, 02:07 PM

Ill try it soon. after my massive head ache clears a bit

Miglia mini HD (Great!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules