Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Quick question re: Adobe CS6

Quick question re: Adobe CS6
Apr 3, 2013, 03:28 PM

So, by some unforeseen miracle, I am now the proud owner of the CS6 Master Collection. Yay me. It's the full-on-installed-on-my-Mac version, not the rental version.

Question...After installing, I see there's a new browser plugin installed called adobeexmandetect. All I can find on it is the cryptic explanation "AdobeExManDetect is a plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine."

Okayyyy...why does my browser need this? If I'm not doing anything with Adobe's Creative Cloud, can I safely disable this plugin?

Thanks.

Apr 8, 2013, 03:50 PM

Well, you need the extension manager... so this is a plugin that manages the plugin plugin?

? Not much help, am I?

Congrats on the upgrade though!

Apr 8, 2013, 04:00 PM

I understand needing Extension Manager...unless I never install new extensions, which is a definite probability. But, that doesn't explain the need for a browser plugin, unless it's somehow tied-in to Adobe's Creative Cloud scheme, which I obviously opted to avoid. Application Manager doesn't use a browser plugin, after all.

Anywho, I went ahead and disabled the thing. So far, nothing's crashed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules