Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > RAH! REBORN FROM ASHES LIKE THE ALMIGHTY PHOENIX!

RAH! REBORN FROM ASHES LIKE THE ALMIGHTY PHOENIX!
Banned
Apr 26, 2002, 01:20 AM

Or something. Check out my new name though. Awesome eh? Some of you might not like the fact that I have it back, but...eh... at least I have a reason to behave now, since I dont want to lose it again. Anyway, I have to say its pretty cool to have my original name back... after like...geez... 2 years or so.

I'm in a good mood.

- Ca$h

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 01:23 AM

welcome back ca$h. just remember, we are not your anger release system. I hope to enjoy your posts!

P.D.

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 01:26 AM

New (old) name = new ca$h?

What happened to the sig?

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: Cellery ]

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Apr 26, 2002, 01:28 AM

heh. Thanks. Forgot about that.

>goes to profile<

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 01:45 AM

the good fight has been won

errrr or something

welcome back ca$h

phang

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2002, 01:59 AM

Originally posted by Ca$h68:
<STRONG>Or something. Check out my new name though. Awesome eh? Some of you might not like the fact that I have it back, but...eh... at least I have a reason to behave now, since I dont want to lose it again. Anyway, I have to say its pretty cool to have my original name back... after like...geez... 2 years or so.

I'm in a good mood.

- Ca$h</STRONG>
all the different nicknames turned you into a schizophrenic

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 02:14 AM

The only thing this party needs is a hostile NFN takeover!

Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2002, 02:36 AM

F#ck, I thought this was settled. Honestly, this guy is the herpes of the forum: once he's here there is no getting rid of him. (There's an analogy you can relate to Ca$h.)

And why is Tookie leaving now that you are back, this whole situation is moronic.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2002, 03:06 AM

Last I heard some lawyer type (TonyRado) got involved. You know how screwy things get once the lawyers arrive.

I think Ca$h settled for US$50,000 and his old account back.

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: Face Ache ]

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2002, 03:11 AM

Originally posted by chris_h:
<STRONG>The only thing this party needs is a hostile NFN takeover!</STRONG>
LOL!! no ****
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 04:09 AM

So, Tooki is leaving, and you got your name back!

Ahh for once a happy ending!

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Apr 26, 2002, 04:18 AM

Tooki is still here. And I'm not the herpes, more like the sexual energy of a virgin catholic school girl in college. Oppressed by evil powers, but now finally able to flower and kick *** .

- Ca$h

Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2002, 05:12 AM

<STRONG>Or something.</STRONG>
heya ! good to have you back !

Banned
Apr 26, 2002, 05:17 AM

...its like you've never been gone !

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2002, 05:20 AM

<STRONG>more like the sexual energy of a virgin catholic school girl in college. Oppressed by evil powers, but now finally able to flower and kick *** .

- Ca$h</STRONG>
What have you been smoking? And, can I get some?

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Apr 26, 2002, 05:37 AM

horemones.

My gf was a cathollic schoolgirl. She... eh.. I'll just make an analogy. She= moon. For a long time many have dreamed of reaching that moon, and what it would be like. Always failed. I'm neil armstrong.

- Ca$h

Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2002, 05:44 AM

Poor Buzz, always in Neil's shadow...

It's about time man. About damn time.

Today is a happy day.

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 06:39 AM

Congrats. But... how did this go down? Last I heard it wasn't even a possibility...

Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Apr 26, 2002, 07:51 AM

Actually I'm trying to recall if the original screen name was with an upper or lwer case "C" so that might explain it. Technically it might be a totally "new" name by alteration of one character.

Mike

Admin Emeritus
Apr 26, 2002, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by TheJoshu:
<STRONG>Congrats. But... how did this go down? Last I heard it wasn't even a possibility...</STRONG>
The whole situation with Ca$h had just gone too far; and beyond a point, it's simply not worth the hassle. So we decided (as we should have done a while ago, admittedly) to give him another go with his original name, which seems to have been basically what he's wanted the whole time.

He sees the retention of his new name as a reason to keep himself in check a bit more often, which is a good thing. Anyway, no one "won" a "fight," but we did make a good compromise that should end all this bickering (on both sides) once and for all.

As I said in the moderators' forum, the right way to solve an issue is usually by attacking the root, not by merely chopping off the leaves as soon as they appear -- simply won't work that way, and it's a gigantic waste of everyone's time.

Lest someone may think that this is an invitation to misbehave and then avoid the repurcussions, put the idea out of your head. It should be seen as a testament to the value of rational compromise rather than a testmant to *****ing so much you get your way (since the latter did not really happen).

Anyway, I've babbled on for a bit, but basic idea is that he's going to be a bit more in check and in exchange he gets his original name back with the "insta-ban" policy retracted. I think things should be well at this point, so finally we can lay the Ca$h "issue" to rest. Woo!

-gzl.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2002, 09:18 AM

I remember a NYC trash metal band called : "I'm a Catholic girl, of course I swallow"

I just had a look, they used to be on mp3.com. Nomore though, a shame as I was thinking about lightening up your collective lives with a link to some of they'er umm, more outspoken songs.

Hmm, another search brought up this I've got a feeling they might be related.....

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2002, 09:32 AM

im just glad to see SOMETHING that could possibly lead to this issue finally dying. plus, as much as i hate to admit it, cash can be an interesting fellow when he isnt trying to be a pest.

Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2002, 10:00 AM

Good to have the old Ca$h back, as for those who say he should be banned I tell you that you don't entirely understand the whole situatio, plus Ca$h was your model poster (well, maybe ) back when he still had his own name (pre-Wlohn fight).

You look good in green stars

Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2002, 10:15 AM

Hey! Congratulations, man!! I had faith in ya, and still do. Do you think it will be half as interesting posting here now that you're not trying to provoke the admins?

All in all, it's good this bickering is behind us. Let's POST PEOPLE!!!
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Senior User
Apr 26, 2002, 10:19 AM

cool!

Now can everyone remove their tongues from his anus?

Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 10:23 AM

So does this mean we don't need group therapy any more?

whooooooo.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2002, 10:27 AM

The people gather to the hall! The shells of the feast are heard. Ten harps are strung; five bards advance, and sing, by turns, the praise of Ossian; they poured forth their burning souls, and the string answered to their voice. The joy of Croma was great; for peace returned to the land.

Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2002, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by derbs:
<STRONG>cool!

Now can everyone remove their tongues from his anus?</STRONG>
Uhhh he is our friend from way back, how 'bout you remove yourself from this thread ::flips the bird:: We may diagree with him all the time, doesn't mean all of us hated him, we juist disagree with him sometimes. You do know the meaning of disagree don't you? Good.

Thank you, come again...

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: sek929 ]

Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2002, 11:18 AM

to bad they couldn't pool your post count from all your other names.

you'd have around 5,000
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

Apr 26, 2002, 11:25 AM

completely none of my business, and this is irregardless of the personalities involved, but logistically, I wonder if this doesn't seem like something out of the Bad Idea File.....I mean, essentially its giving in to extortion. Someone wants something someone else doesn't want to give them, and causes disruption until they receive it, and then they DO receive it, only because the other person is tired of the disruption rather than that they feel the person deserved the item.

It establishes a precedent for a pattern of influence that I'm not sure you'd want to often see repeated. (?)

Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2002, 11:33 AM

Lerk, you've always seemed to be one step across the 'mildly paranoid' line.

BTW, how did cash ecxtort anyone? Was he threatening to call you names until you'd give up?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Apr 26, 2002, 11:58 AM

Originally posted by voodoo:
<STRONG>Lerk, you've always seemed to be one step across the 'mildly paranoid' line.

BTW, how did cash ecxtort anyone? Was he threatening to call you names until you'd give up?</STRONG>
thanks for the compliment.

anyway, like I said, I was just wondering about the logistics of the situation from a moderating strategy point of view. I have moderated other boards before and do moderate one now. I was looking at it from that perspective.

and no, cash has never said anything untoward to me that I can recall. I was only springboarding from this particular situation to the topic of strategy, not concentrating on the personalities involved...which I thought I explained.

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Apr 27, 2002, 08:50 PM

heh. Sek, your vw sucks. '`'`'`'`

Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Apr 28, 2002, 01:30 AM

Originally posted by gorgonzola:
The whole situation with Ca$h had just gone too far; and beyond a point, it's simply not worth the hassle. So we decided (as we should have done a while ago, admittedly) to give him another go with his original name, which seems to have been basically what he's wanted the whole time.

He sees the retention of his new name as a reason to keep himself in check a bit more often, which is a good thing. Anyway, no one "won" a "fight," but we did make a good compromise that should end all this bickering (on both sides) once and for all.

As I said in the moderators' forum, the right way to solve an issue is usually by attacking the root, not by merely chopping off the leaves as soon as they appear -- simply won't work that way, and it's a gigantic waste of everyone's time.

Lest someone may think that this is an invitation to misbehave and then avoid the repurcussions, put the idea out of your head. It should be seen as a testament to the value of rational compromise rather than a testmant to *****ing so much you get your way (since the latter did not really happen).

Anyway, I've babbled on for a bit, but basic idea is that he's going to be a bit more in check and in exchange he gets his original name back with the "insta-ban" policy retracted. I think things should be well at this point, so finally we can lay the Ca$h "issue" to rest. Woo!

-gzl.
Yes and at the cost of one of your senior most mods/admins namely tooki. Where is the respect for seniority? The commeradery between those in charge? You're obviously not a "team" if you can so easily snuff one of "your own". I think you should be ashamed of yourselves really. It almost makes me sick.

I'm glad Ca$h is back but I'm not happy that it looks as-if he "won". Again there's no excuse for betraying one of your own crew. In the Navy I'd have kicked your *** quite frankly. No ship can operate without the co-operation and teamwork of it's entire crew. That means sticking up for people sometimes even when you know they're wrong, it means bending over backwards for them sometimes.

All I see here is dissention within the ranks and it disgusts me. Petty differences, lots of cry-babies, and "going along with popular opinion". Grow the F up!!!

Did anyone even give tooki a chance to "change" if he really screwed-up that badly? I'm not saying he didn't or that he did, but it seems like that sort of seniority and level of knowledge about the Forum he was in charge of should mean something.

This place is getting more and more political every day, and I hate politics and head-games.

Mike

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 02:30 AM

<STRONG>

-gzl.</STRONG>
You're right about the babbling and wrong about the ca$h issue.
weird wabbit

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 03:38 AM

Originally posted by MikeM32:
<STRONG>Yes and at the cost of one of your senior most mods/admins namely tooki. Where is the respect for seniority? The commeradery between those in charge? You're obviously not a "team" if you can so easily snuff one of "your own". I think you should be ashamed of yourselves really. It almost makes me sick.

I'm glad Ca$h is back but I'm not happy that it looks as-if he "won". Again there's no excuse for betraying one of your own crew. In the Navy I'd have kicked your *** quite frankly. No ship can operate without the co-operation and teamwork of it's entire crew. That means sticking up for people sometimes even when you know they're wrong, it means bending over backwards for them sometimes.

All I see here is dissention within the ranks and it disgusts me. Petty differences, lots of cry-babies, and "going along with popular opinion". Grow the F up!!!

Did anyone even give tooki a chance to "change" if he really screwed-up that badly? I'm not saying he didn't or that he did, but it seems like that sort of seniority and level of knowledge about the Forum he was in charge of should mean something.

This place is getting more and more political every day, and I hate politics and head-games.</STRONG>
I'd have to agree 100% with you. It's pretty immature/insane to let someone to come back just because he/she want their old stuffs back. It's like your wife died then you got mad and go out and shoot people until you get your wife back.

This situation is almost like Steve Jobs when he got "fired" from John Sculley just because he gained his power.

gorgonzola, I hope you are aware of what you are doing.

Banned
Apr 28, 2002, 04:14 AM

so ca$h = sculley..?

i don't hink so...

more like ca$h = steve jobs..

Nick
Apr 28, 2002, 04:18 AM

Originally posted by MikeM32:
<STRONG>

Yes and at the cost of one of your senior most mods/admins namely tooki. Where is the respect for seniority? The commeradery between those in charge? You're obviously not a "team" if you can so easily snuff one of "your own". I think you should be ashamed of yourselves really. It almost makes me sick.

This place is getting more and more political every day, and I hate politics and head-games.

Mike</STRONG>
I really don't want to bring all the details into the public, other than to say that Neal (gzl), Monish, elzinat, many of the Moderators and myself decided that this was the best course of action (Ca$h).

As for Tooki, your characterization of 'breaking ranks' was best illustrated by some of his interactions with Ca$h.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: Nick ]

Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 04:20 AM

Originally posted by omac:
<STRONG>so ca$h = sculley..?

i don't hink so...

more like ca$h = steve jobs..</STRONG>
No, no.. I'm not talking about cash. He mean nothing to me. Cash's just another sick fck.

What I meant is:

gorgonzola = Peter Sculley
tooki = Steve Jobs

Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2002, 11:42 PM

<STRONG>heh. Sek, your vw sucks. '`'`'`'`</STRONG>
I have a VW? No way! And all this time I thought I owned a Nissan Pickup ::slaps forehead::

Plus you hear about the new W8 Passat? Now that is a real car, plus you could fit a little shitty Neon in the trunk

Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2002, 02:07 PM

Yeah, it'll be good to have some good ol racism, sexism and gay bashing back on the forums. Just like the good ol days. Welcome back ca$h, now, as sek implied, that it is all said and done.. everyone should brush their teeth really good.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2002, 02:09 PM

Oh yeah, and I think it is more like "reborn from the asses like a mighty penis"
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Senior User
Apr 29, 2002, 02:19 PM

<STRONG>Tooki is still here. And I'm not the herpes, more like the sexual energy of a virgin catholic school girl in college. Oppressed by evil powers, but now finally able to flower and kick *** .

- Ca$h</STRONG>
Ya..um..er..huh..well...sure.

Apr 29, 2002, 02:35 PM

<STRONG>

The whole situation with Ca$h had just gone too far; and beyond a point, it's simply not worth the hassle......

.....Lest someone may think that this is an invitation to misbehave and then avoid the repurcussions, put the idea out of your head. It should be seen as a testament to the value of rational compromise rather than a testmant to *****ing so much you get your way (since the latter did not really happen).</STRONG>
unfortunately, I have trouble seeing it any other way except as an invitation to misbehave, effectively. (?)
You may have for the short term avoided the hassle, but at a great cost to some people's view of your integrity as moderators as a whole....not so much because of the tooki/cash thing, which I see as an annoying minor side issue, but rather because of your extremely public posting of cash's multiple bannings, your stating of how irrevocable those bannings were, and then ultimately revoking them anyways because you couldn't deal with the hassle....that might not be the way it actually went down from your perspective, but from out here that's the way it looks.

It reminds me of when my sister would threaten my niece with punishments, and then as soon as my niece cried, she'd relent and not carry out the punishment. My niece never understood limits to behaviour and ended up in trouble the rest of her life...

If you have a stated policy, the punishments need to be proportionate to the offense, and must be carried out fairly and consistently. Punishments should not be rescinded simply because the punishee becomes more disruptive in punishment...er....isn't that what you're admitting to, here?

I have nothing against cash per se, I mainly ignore him, but I'm just saying this strategy is not the wisest course, in my opinion. This last weekend was a good example of why it wasn't. How many threads did you end up locking? a dozen?

Regardless, I have no vested interest either way, I barely know cash, and I don't know tooki at all. But I'm just saying that simply saying "don't take this as permission" is naive in the extreme.

Occasionally Quoted
Apr 29, 2002, 02:47 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 25, 2004 at 07:47 PM. )

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Apr 29, 2002, 02:55 PM

The problem with your simplified little summary Lerkfish is that you fail to acknowledge the fact that I SHOULDNT have been banned in the first place. Thats ignoring one of hte main facts as to WHY things happened the way they did. Wlonh, some stupid ex admin screwed me over, and nobody with MacNN was willing to correct that until now. Its not like I was bad and got rewarded, more like I was wronged, i was mad, nobody was helping, I didnt give a rats *** about any of my new screennames, and they FINALLY realized what happened.

- Ca$h

Occasionally Quoted
Apr 29, 2002, 02:58 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 25, 2004 at 07:47 PM. )

Senior User
Apr 29, 2002, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by sek929:
<STRONG>Good to have the old Ca$h back,...</STRONG>
The hell you say.
I keep the Bible in a pool of blood so that none of its words can affect me.

Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2002, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by palmberg:
<STRONG>

The hell you say.</STRONG>
Well the old Cash was a productive and intelligent member of NN way back when, and now that he has his name back he has no reason to keep up his hijinx of his past slew of names.

At least I would think thats what would happen...

Apr 29, 2002, 04:16 PM

<STRONG>The problem with your simplified little summary Lerkfish is that you fail to acknowledge the fact that I SHOULDNT have been banned in the first place. Thats ignoring one of hte main facts as to WHY things happened the way they did. Wlonh, some stupid ex admin screwed me over, and nobody with MacNN was willing to correct that until now. Its not like I was bad and got rewarded, more like I was wronged, i was mad, nobody was helping, I didnt give a rats *** about any of my new screennames, and they FINALLY realized what happened.

- Ca$h</STRONG>
Sorry, but your actual case is immaterial to my point. My point was once the mods irrevocably banned you or anyone, and stated that publicly, and then relented because they didn't want to deal with the hassle of the resulting backlash, that that compromises the perception of their integrity and therefore lets anyone else know that merely becoming a squeaky wheel is enough to circumvent stated policy.

Not everyone's point revolves around you, I hate to break it to you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules