Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Turn Signal Usage Protest! Need help!

Turn Signal Usage Protest! Need help!
Thread Tools
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 2, 2003, 07:53 PM
 
Hey all! This weekend I'm going to be registering with the state to put up a table with big posters, hand out brochures, signs, and information about USING YOUR TURN SIGNALS.

The problem is, I have the motivation, but not the facts. I've been google searching but so far I haven't found sh*t on turn signal related accidents, deaths, etc. I'm sure some of you ALSO love people who use turn signals, and despise the lazy f*cks who refuse to use them, so help me out here, I need as much turn signal information as possible! If you don't want to do the searching, but know where to look, let me know! The signs I'm producing will be able to sit between the console and your drivers seat, and you just hold it up to the offending ignorant and stupid 'non signalling' driver to tell them that you're SICK of just doing nothing, you're going to start CHANGING our roadways!

- Ca$h
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 2, 2003, 08:10 PM
 
call your Department of Motor Vehicles
Technology, Computing & Creativity - www.clubmedia.com

Overflowing with Design Links - www.mixinvisuals.com

VW Sites.com - Links to the Volkswagen World - www.vwsites.com
     
RGB
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: College in the Land of Oz
Status: Offline
Sep 2, 2003, 08:54 PM
 
Stupid people who don't use turn signals. They piss me off too. I can't help your cause Rob, but i'm definitely on your side.
     
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 2, 2003, 09:09 PM
 
Originally posted by RGB:
Stupid people who don't use turn signals. They piss me off too. I can't help your cause Rob, but i'm definitely on your side.
Yes you can. Find me some information. I can't find squat, so I've emailed hte wisconsin DOT, and the national DOT.

- Rob
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Night's Plutonian shore...
Status: Offline
Sep 2, 2003, 10:10 PM
 
Try contacting the State Police. They might be able to give you some info also.
Nemo me impune lacesset
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Macfreak7
Status: Offline
Sep 2, 2003, 10:32 PM
 
What about hospitals? try some hospitals or some law firm?
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York, NY
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 12:08 AM
 
Try contacting the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. They love stuff like this. http://www.iihs.org/

I also hate people that don't use turn signals, especially when they stop suddenly on a narrow road and then turn left.... without any indication of their intents. Ugh.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 12:10 AM
 
Of all the bad driving habits, I'm far more disturbed by 2 things I see all the time:

1) Red lights aren't really red until they've been red for 4 seconds. Proper, intelligent procedure in Madison is to see your light turn green, then look both ways before proceeding. Chances are some jackass is blazing through the intersection at +15MPH over the limit.
Probably in 2 tons of SUV.

2) Unless they're disregarding a Don't Walk sign, pedestrians have the right of way when in a crosswalk. Period. Not just in front of the Union or at State and Lake, EVERYWHERE. My wife and I have both had run-ins with jackasses who don't understand it's their job to yield.

Turn signals? Farther down my list, but more power to ya. We all get our pet peeve driving habits.

For some on-topic content, perhaps the searchable index of state statutes might be useful. You can teach folks what law they're violating, and that they can get a fine from $20 - $40 for their first offense.

In browsing though it on the turn signal topic, I just learned that clear turns seem to be illegal (the statutes dictate amber), and that indicating turns with your arm is totally legit. Probably not a very good means of communication, but technically acceptable.
OS X: Where software installation doesn't require wizards with shields.
     
PJW
Forum Regular
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 12:15 AM
 
Originally posted by C.J. Moof:


2) Unless they're disregarding a Don't Walk sign, pedestrians have the right of way when in a crosswalk. Period. Not just in front of the Union or at State and Lake, EVERYWHERE. My wife and I have both had run-ins with jackasses who don't understand it's their job to yield.

I wish more pedestrians understood this where I live. Whenever I stop to yield to pedestrians crossing a parking lot or a road, they just stop and stare at me as if I had just popped out of nowhere. Then we get into that idiotic game of "You go first, no you go first, no I insist, no please go ahead".

I guess I can't blame them, though. Drivers here seem to think that it's there God-given right to treat pedestrians as though they were a big, moving target.
Your services as a citizen, we regret to inform you, are no longer required.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 12:59 AM
 
I've had a thought to print out the statute that spells out the crosswalk law on giant post-it notes, and carry them with me when I walk the dog. Next jerk won't can't yield to me gets the quoted law slapped onto a rear body panel as he goes by.... however, I've learned that the folks who dont have 5 seconds to slow down to yield suddenly have 5 minutes to threaten your life if you touch their vehicle.

I need a meaner looking dog.

If I had money to burn, some of it would go to a public service campaign reminding everyone, driver and pedestrian, what their rights and responsibilities are.
OS X: Where software installation doesn't require wizards with shields.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Online
Sep 3, 2003, 01:30 AM
 
Originally posted by PJW:
Whenever I stop to yield to pedestrians crossing a parking lot or a road, they just stop and stare at me as if I had just popped out of nowhere. Then we get into that idiotic game of "You go first, no you go first, no I insist, no please go ahead".
If a pedestrian waves a car through, the car should go through.

By not going through one is both:

1) Dismissing the pedestrian's courtesy, who has just offered their right-of-way.

2) Forcing extra effort on the pedestrian, who, to be polite, should now hurry across. This is opposed to the slight foot movement that would propel the car on its merry way.

I think way too much about this.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: California
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 02:20 AM
 
Funny you should mention the turn signal thing - just as I was driving to work today, I heard some ad on the radio about how drivers can do simple things that only take maybe 15 seconds, but save lives: slowing down for construction zones, stopping for pedestrians in crosswalks, and using turn signals. Now I wasn't paying much attention to it at the time, so I didn't hear exactly who sponsored it. It was probably the state DMV (that would be CA).

Of course, ads like these might not mean much to the assholes weaving in between lanes who annoy us in the first place.

And for the pedestrian thing, I've seen a few (but not many) crosswalks around here with signs in the middle telling drivers to yield to pedestrians, 'cause it's the law.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 02:53 AM
 
Originally posted by permanent68:
Hey all! This weekend I'm going to be registering with the state to put up a table with big posters, hand out brochures, signs, and information about USING YOUR TURN SIGNALS.
You, my good man, are a maniac. Sure it's annoying and all, but good god, you have a new wife at home and this is how you want to spend your weekends? You might as well start a campaign to make people obey the item limit in the express line at the grocery store. Or walk on the left and stand on the right of the escalator. True, neither of these are safety issues, but what do you hope to accomplish?

Perhaps you should funnel your energy/anger into something productive. But right now you are one small step away from Don Quixote.

You wife should be on the fast track for sainthood.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: California - Bay Area
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 03:01 AM
 
Originally posted by C.J. Moof:
2) Unless they're disregarding a Don't Walk sign, pedestrians have the right of way when in a crosswalk. Period. Not just in front of the Union or at State and Lake, EVERYWHERE. My wife and I have both had run-ins with jackasses who don't understand it's their job to yield.
It's outside the crosswalk it drives you mad. When you're going down Hennepin to downtown Minneapolis in the morning and you see the fifth person crossing the street diagonally in the middle of the block without so much as a glance over his shoulder, you're ready to start knocking a few down. The crosswalk is a different story. I'll wait a light out rather than crowd someone with the right of way there.

As a pedestrian, I jaywalk. I walk against the light. But when I do so, it's my conscious decision to enter traffic and if I see cars coming, my responsibility to hustle my ass out of there.

We've got the same issues with drivers running reds. I wish we'd get photo-ticketing in the metro. It's really out of hand.
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NOT America!
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 04:31 AM
 
If i wanted to have this info here in the Netherlands i'd go to the Central Bureau of Statistics. Most if not every country has one. I fact i just noticed the US has several, but i figure www.bts.gov is a nice place to start, it has the National Transportation Library online.
These people are Americans. Don't expect anything meaningful or... uh... normalcy...
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: England
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 09:08 AM
 
Originally posted by C.J. Moof:
indicating turns with your arm is totally legit. Probably not a very good means of communication, but technically acceptable.
That's not that uncommon here.

I think technically, an arm stuck straight out the driver's window indicates a right turn (we drive on the left, remember), and an arm out the driver's window moved up and down indicates a left turn.

But I don't drive so I may be wrong.

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 09:16 AM
 
Originally posted by SomeToast:
It's outside the crosswalk it drives you mad. When you're going down Hennepin to downtown Minneapolis in the morning and you see the fifth person crossing the street diagonally in the middle of the block without so much as a glance over his shoulder, you're ready to start knocking a few down. The crosswalk is a different story. I'll wait a light out rather than crowd someone with the right of way there.

As a pedestrian, I jaywalk. I walk against the light. But when I do so, it's my conscious decision to enter traffic and if I see cars coming, my responsibility to hustle my ass out of there.
If they're not in a crosswalk, heck, thin out the herd. A few thousand undergrads just came back to my town, and campus is directly between my home and work. They're wandering around like lost cattle at all hour of the day now. We can spare a few. Particularly the ones who do cross in a crosswalk, but feel the big red DON'T WALK sign means anyone but them.
OS X: Where software installation doesn't require wizards with shields.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 09:38 AM
 
I think you have to look at the overall abuse of the turn-signal. There are the ones who don't use it and should. And those who think that everyone should move aside for them when their turn-signal is flipped on. Folks need to realize that they need to signal their intentions, but they still need to wait for a clearing before proceeding into traffic or changing lanes...

And don't even get me started with pedestrians. I always stop for them... but there are those who decide that they can crawl across the street, or walk right down the middle of a parking lane as you wait for them to clear - self absorbed folks really piss me off.

Just a thought - is not using the turn signal a violation in all states?
     
Occasionally Useful
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Liverpool, UK
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 09:49 AM
 
as a pedestrian, i always shout at stupid drivers who don't signal, when they almost run me over. sometimes, they pull over and try some pavement rage. sorry, i shouted first, their fault, they lose. idiots. i usually say something along the lines of "if those indicator lights didn't come with the car, you'd complain. so, HOW ABOUT USING THEM, seeing as you PAID for them!?"

that's when they look embarrassed and get back in the car.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 10:05 AM
 
Originally posted by PJW:
I wish more pedestrians understood this where I live. Whenever I stop to yield to pedestrians crossing a parking lot or a road, they just stop and stare at me as if I had just popped out of nowhere. Then we get into that idiotic game of "You go first, no you go first, no I insist, no please go ahead".
I live in a red-light (*not* the traffic lights ) district, and here, pedestrians have right of way, period.

Reason being: in the evenings, chances are 2:1 that they're intoxicated. But then, the city belongs to the people, not the cars, and anybody driving through it should realize that they come second.

And if you hit a pedestrian, whenever, wherever, whether he was jaywalking or not, it's your fault legally. At the least, you're *more* at fault than the pedestrian, if you're talking insurance.

It is always the "stronger" party's responsibility to look out for "weaker" traffic participants. It comes with the privilege of driving.

-s*
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 10:38 AM
 
Originally posted by Amorya:
I think technically, an arm stuck straight out the driver's window indicates a right turn (we drive on the left, remember), and an arm out the driver's window moved up and down indicates a left turn.
Almost. Arm out of the window waving up and down means you're slowing down (used when you haven't got brake lights). Arm out of the window moving in a circular motion (usually anti-clockwise) means turning left.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 10:43 AM
 
Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
And if you hit a pedestrian, whenever, wherever, whether he was jaywalking or not, it's your fault legally. At the least, you're *more* at fault than the pedestrian, if you're talking insurance.
Proof positive that pedestrians need to be tested, licensed and insured before going anywhere near a road. And possibly fitted with air bags.

I love it how it's always the drivers fault, no matter how drunk or stupid the ped is. Screw that. Bloody commie governments, etc., etc..
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 11:00 AM
 
Originally posted by Sherwin:
Proof positive that pedestrians need to be tested, licensed and insured before going anywhere near a road. And possibly fitted with air bags.

I love it how it's always the drivers fault, no matter how drunk or stupid the ped is. Screw that. Bloody commie governments, etc., etc..
You think so?
I disagree.

Towns were originally built for *people*, not cars.

I think it's time that pedestrians reclaimed their cities.

Also, in the case of my neighborhood, it is, after all, the party and bar district. Any driver passing through should be well-aware of it.

Nobody's forcing them to drive through the area.

I say that as one who lives there *and* drives.

-s*
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York, NY
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 11:07 AM
 
Originally posted by C.J. Moof:
2) Unless they're disregarding a Don't Walk sign, pedestrians have the right of way when in a crosswalk. Period. Not just in front of the Union or at State and Lake, EVERYWHERE. My wife and I have both had run-ins with jackasses who don't understand it's their job to yield.
A lot of intersections here have signs that say "YIELD TO PEDESTRIANS ON TURNS". Not that anyone actually pays attention....
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York, NY
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 11:10 AM
 
Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
You think so?
I disagree.

Towns were originally built for *people*, not cars.

I think it's time that pedestrians reclaimed their cities.

Also, in the case of my neighborhood, it is, after all, the party and bar district. Any driver passing through should be well-aware of it.

Nobody's forcing them to drive through the area.

I say that as one who lives there *and* drives.

-s*
I agree that pedestrians should always have the right of way. After all, in a game of car vs. pedestrian, there is almost always a very distinct advantage. In Canada (I believe) cars have the right of way, NOT pedestrians... oops....
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 11:36 AM
 
Originally posted by maxintosh:
A lot of intersections here have signs that say "YIELD TO PEDESTRIANS ON TURNS". Not that anyone actually pays attention....
Which should be as necessary as signs that say "stop at red lights" or "yield to freight trains".

My town has put up signs in the roadway that say "yield to pedestrians in crosswalk". I like the idea, but I fear it tells drivers that they must yield in that crosswalk, but anything goes in all the other crosswalks.
OS X: Where software installation doesn't require wizards with shields.
     
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 02:33 PM
 
Sorry CJ Moof, I don't mean to rain on your parade but the pedestrians in Madison are really starting to piss me off. First off, they COMPLETELY ignore the freaking 'don't walk signals'. They come to an intersection, see the don't walk sign, see the cars coming, and somehow, their freaking peabrain tells them that they should WALK (not run, oh no, that actually might make sense) across the street. WTF?! This is especially true on STATE street. I'm all for not killing anybody, but DAYUM.... people need to learn to respect traffic, you can't just 'jump out in front of a 2000+ lb mass of moving metal and plastic and expect 'the right of way', thats just idiotic! Another thing that ticks me off is near the union or library mall... if you're driving, you approach the intersection, and you have to stop for the stop sign. Okay....but then, even though there's NOBODY behind you, the swarm of pedestrians feel that they should 'start' when your car is slowing down, forcing you to wait for aprox. 437 people to cross the street (read 5 minutes of people crossing). It's crap like that the just makes me come to a rolling stop and sorta shoot across the intersection so I'm not stuck there forever waiting. The problem is when ped A is almost across the whole road, pedest B (who isn't even in the intersection yet) sees Ped A and thinks "Gee, he's crossing, I guess I should too!" ARGh.

Anyway, if anyone can find any turn signal info, let me know!

- Rob
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alexandria, VA
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 02:41 PM
 
Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
Towns were originally built for *people*, not cars.
Except maybe Los Angeles.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 03:09 PM
 
Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:
Except maybe Los Angeles.
I consider myself pwnd.

     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas!
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 03:29 PM
 
I point instead.
-- | T () /\/\ /.\ T () --
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 03:30 PM
 
Cash- ya musta missed my post about thinning the herd.... we agree there are plenty of bad pedestrian behaviors too. The illiteracy rate in this college town is staggering. Lots of them don't even understand basic symbols.

As for having to wait- well, tough luck. As a guy who would like to cross Nakoma Rd or Monroe St (roads in my neighborhood, typically driven at 35-40MPH) without taking my life into my hands, I feel about as bad for a driver waiting for pedestrians as I do one waiting for a red light. It's a driver's duty to stop for both of them.

No ped. has the right to expect the right of way if they step out against a don't walk sign, but at an uncontrolled intersection, they have the right of way. I'm entitled to cross Monroe St in any uncontrolled crosswalk I please, and it's the driver's job to stop. I do expect them to- IT'S THE LAW. It's traffic's duty to respect the pedestrian.

So once you get your turn signal facts, how are you going to do your publicity?
OS X: Where software installation doesn't require wizards with shields.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 03:39 PM
 
I HATE NON-TURN-SIGNAL USERS.

I use a blinker EVERY single time I need to. To switch a lane. To turn a corner. To pull off the road.

The people I hate the most? The A$$HOLES on the freeways that zoom in and out of lanes.

I've gotten off the freeway behind some of these people (not intentionally but coincidentally) and if I had the opportunity I'd smile at them and roll down the window and say,

"Hi! You know those little markers up and down the freeway that announce that someone died there? Well, I just want to let you know that I'm SURE that you're responsible for some of those deaths and those little death markers because of the way you cut in front of me without using a blinker or turn signal."

Then I smile and relish the fact that their smile dissolves.


     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Up north
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 04:17 PM
 
Originally posted by iWrite:
I HATE NON-TURN-SIGNAL USERS.

I use a blinker EVERY single time I need to. To switch a lane. To turn a corner. To pull off the road.

The people I hate the most? The A$$HOLES on the freeways that zoom in and out of lanes.

I've gotten off the freeway behind some of these people (not intentionally but coincidentally) and if I had the opportunity I'd smile at them and roll down the window and say,

"Hi! You know those little markers up and down the freeway that announce that someone died there? Well, I just want to let you know that I'm SURE that you're responsible for some of those deaths and those little death markers because of the way you cut in front of me without using a blinker or turn signal."

Then I smile and relish the fact that their smile dissolves.


No kidding.. I hate those kinds of drivers. I was driving out on the highway, and this dumbass in a big truck (read 4 wheels on the back) starts getting impatient, so he starts accelerating and turning into the right lane, I notice this in my rear mirror just in time to swirve out of the way (he would have nailed the back right end of the car). From then on he was swirving in and out of traffic as far as I could see.. and everywhere he went you could see cars swirving out of the way. What a dumb f#$%. Oh! and of course he didn't use his singals...

The thing I hate worse though is guys sitting at lights waiting to turn left but who don't have their signal on, and there I am, on the other side waiting to turn.. thinking.. "is this guy turning or going straight".. wait a bit.. and then take the risk and make the turn. Grr!!!
     
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Far from the internet.
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 04:32 PM
 
Maybe you should just get the Police to enforce the non-usage of signals, swerving in traffic, and not stopping for pedestrians like they do speeding. Until then, no one will use them.

Hit people in the wallet. I am sure every town in America could hire another officer and put him on traffic duty all the time. Heck, the tickets would pay his wages!

And make the fine for not using signals $100.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas!
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 04:34 PM
 
I suggest the practical approach:

Defensive driving and awareness.

Nobody's responsible for you but you. If you can't stand people who aren't bothered to use turn signals all the time, then learn to deal with it.

What does the law say about turn signals? Optional (courteous) before changing lanes? Turning - well, damn! The person in front of me is turning left, the people behind me are turning left, what the hell do I need mine for?

Driving is not that hard if you put your mind to it.
-- | T () /\/\ /.\ T () --
     
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 04:58 PM
 
Originally posted by benb:
Maybe you should just get the Police to enforce the non-usage of signals\
AHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAh hhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHh ahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHah HAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAH ahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhah AAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahah AhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhh HhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAH ahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAH AHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhh ahAAAHAHahAHahHAhhHhahahAhhhahAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Far from the internet.
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 04:58 PM
 
Originally posted by itomato:
What does the law say about turn signals? Optional (courteous) before changing lanes? Turning - well, damn! The person in front of me is turning left, the people behind me are turning left, what the hell do I need mine for?

Driving is not that hard if you put your mind to it.
To tell the guy sitting at your turn waiting to turn onto your road that he can.

It is morons like you that make me dread driving more than 5 minutes.

     
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Far from the internet.
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 04:59 PM
 
Originally posted by permanent68:
AHAH
<snip>
Never said that you could.

But that is really the only way. Nobody is going to start until they risk paying up.
     
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 05:04 PM
 
Originally posted by itomato:
What does the law say about turn signals? Optional (courteous) before changing lanes? Turning - well, damn! The person in front of me is turning left, the people behind me are turning left, what the hell do I need mine for?

Driving is not that hard if you put your mind to it.
Using your signals IS the law, its just not enforced. The lack of turn signal use screws up our roadways, as other drivers don't know what you are doing. Let's say the lane you were in was a 'go straight or turn left' lane at an intersection. The oncoming traffic would think you were going straight, since youd idn't have a signal, and would not slow down, and go through the intersection. You, not using your signal, would drive into them, and there would be a big fat accident for all of you, all because you chose to not use your signals.

If you're too lazy to use your signals, you should be shot in the ****ing face because you're a pathetic excuse for a human. Or given a ticket.

- Ca$h

PS: I may have to delay my turn signal protest until next weekend, so far I have not found ANYTHING on the internet.
     
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Far from the internet.
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 05:10 PM
 
Originally posted by permanent68:
PS: I may have to delay my turn signal protest until next weekend, so far I have not found ANYTHING on the internet.
This sounds like a line from The Onion.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas!
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 05:25 PM
 
Originally posted by permanent68:
Using your signals IS the law, its just not enforced. The lack of turn signal use screws up our roadways, as other drivers don't know what you are doing. Let's say the lane you were in was a 'go straight or turn left' lane at an intersection. The oncoming traffic would think you were going straight, since youd idn't have a signal, and would not slow down, and go through the intersection. You, not using your signal, would drive into them, and there would be a big fat accident for all of you, all because you chose to not use your signals.

If you're too lazy to use your signals, you should be shot in the ****ing face because you're a pathetic excuse for a human. Or given a ticket.

- Ca$h

PS: I may have to delay my turn signal protest until next weekend, so far I have not found ANYTHING on the internet.
Yeah, you haven't found anything for a reason. There are more important things going on inside a car (or at least should be) than blinkers. I know I know I'm turning, you know I'm turning if you have enough sense to operate 2 pedals (one at a time, no less) and a big wheel.

It's not about the turn signals, but about shi tty driving. Attack that. Oh, and empty your PM box.
-- | T () /\/\ /.\ T () --
     
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 05:39 PM
 
Originally posted by itomato:
Yeah, you haven't found anything for a reason. There are more important things going on inside a car (or at least should be) than blinkers. I know I know I'm turning, you know I'm turning if you have enough sense to operate 2 pedals (one at a time, no less) and a big wheel.

It's not about the turn signals, but about shi tty driving. Attack that. Oh, and empty your PM box.
You're wrong, and **** you. I hope you get killed within the next year by someone who doesn't use a turn signal.

- Ca$h
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2003
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 06:01 PM
 
Now I know why you want iTomato to die.

I don't want him to die, per se, but I wouldn't mind if he ruins his car for good.

I'll tell you ANOTHER thing I HATE.

I HATE it when a person puts their freaking right turn signal on and they're in a lane where they're supposed to turn right -- ONLY -- and they zoom on by.

So, like, if you pulled out into traffic thinking that yep, they're turning right, they'd have nailed you like a hammer -- T-boned your *ss and killed you.

NOT ONLY SHOULD YOU USE TURN SIGNALS BUT YOU SHOULD USE THEM CORRECTLY!

     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2002
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 06:30 PM
 
You all whine too much! Get a grip. There are more important things to protest about!
"While modern technology has given people powerful new communication tools, it apparently can do nothing to alter the fact that many people have nothing useful to say."

Leo Gomes
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Night's Plutonian shore...
Status: Offline
Sep 3, 2003, 06:35 PM
 
Closed for the same reason as the other thread: Grow up. You're a married man now, maybe it's time to act like an adult and quit wishing death on everyone. It's childish and immature.
Nemo me impune lacesset
     
   
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2