Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Can The Real KazaA Please stand UP? Please stand up?

View Poll Results: Should I go and die or just live under a rock?
Poll Options:
YES, Die...Die! 8 votes (100.00%)
NO, this post was useful 0 votes (0%)
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
Can The Real KazaA Please stand UP? Please stand up?
Banned
Dec 23, 2003, 02:44 PM

I know, this kinda should go somewhere else,
But I think it would be a great disservice to the other Mac users, who havenít yet heard of this great product yet.

From past experiences with Files Sharing programs, Macs literally SUCKED at it. Kazaa was the only way too go but was only for the PC (Just a note, K-lite is soon 2 be gone), and trying to get fast-track to work on the Mac only seems like a dream for those non geeks. Fake claims by Morpheas like apps fooled people into buying something they thought was Kazaa but didnít even run on the same network.

But now thereís a tool that is even better than Kazaa, and its ours, ours for the taking and its free, free to uses as much as we want. It runs the fast track network, gnutella, and openFT, Gifd all simultaneously and fast. It tells which files come from which network, and if its corrupted or if it works just fine.

Poisoned, is everything I expected and more. Try it, like it/or hate it; just give the dam thing a try.

And to think, I spend hundreds on Virtual PC, for the purpose of only running Kazaa. LOL that were the days.

www.poisonedproject.com

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2003, 02:57 PM

It's like hearing a bank robber complaining all the banks are closed on the holidays.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Dec 23, 2003, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by Ken Masters:
And to think, I spend hundreds on Virtual PC, for the purpose of only running Kazaa. LOL that were the days.
And while you were spending all this money to get music for free, did it ever cross your mind to just use that money to buy the music?

Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 03:39 PM

That's incredibly stupid.

Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2003, 04:06 PM

Please die.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2003, 04:13 PM

And to think, I spend hundreds on Virtual PC.
Couldn't you download it from Kazaa?

Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2003, 04:19 PM

Check out some earlier threads ... several of us have been singing the praises of Poisoned for a while now. Just the best P2P program I've used on any OS.

And, "no", I don't steal music. I've downloaded some songs as a preview (not too different from listening to a song on the radio or at a friend's house, IMO) but have either bought the album if it was good or trashed the file if it sucked. The ONLY exception to this is for things that I just can't buy at a store even if I wanted and things like the Paris Hilton video ... which is also not for commercial sale as far as I know. P2P definitely has some uses other than pirating a library of copyrighted music.

Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Krusty:
P2P definitely has some uses other than pirating a library of copyrighted music.
I get all my music from Usenet, but I'm old school.

Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 05:08 PM

But now thereís a tool that is even better than Kazaa,

It runs the fast track network, gnutella, and openFT, Gifd all simultaneously and fast.
the fast track network is kazaa and Gifd is the protocol thats runs all the protocols

Posting Junkie
Dec 23, 2003, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Eriamjh:
It's like hearing a bank robber complaining all the banks are closed on the holidays.

I can't believe he spent the $250 on VPC just to download music illegally for free. You can buy a lot of music for $250...

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Forum Links
Forum Rules