Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Does having a beard make you smarter or sexier?

Does having a beard make you smarter or sexier? (Page 2)
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2006, 07:42 PM

The longest I've ever worn a beard for was 3mo and by the end it looked like I was wearing a dead rat on my chin... nah, won't do it again for a while.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by DeathToWindows
by the end it looked like I was wearing a dead rat on my chin... n
Could have been worse: It could have looked like a dead MacNN hampstor...
( Last edited by turtle777; Jan 21, 2006 at 09:20 PM. )

Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 08:46 PM

what_the_heck are you attempting to post pad?

Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
what_the_heck are you attempting to post pad?
Kevin AWESOME

Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2006, 11:17 PM

you know if you buy a nice hundred dollar razor like I did, beards will simply become a thing of the past.

and yes chicks are digging my smooth shave more than they ever dug my grisly beard.

Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2006, 12:36 AM

I have been wearing a goatee for a couple years now. Although, I don't have any facial hair that grows near the corners of my mouth, so the "mustache" part and the "chin" part aren't actually connected.

I like it because it makes me look older. I dislike shaving so I usually let the rest of my face go 2-3 days before shaving it down. I have a white-collar job with a dress code, but the code doesn't include facial hair and no one has said anything to me about being a little scruffy, so this is what I've been doing.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2006, 02:10 AM

my beard is sexy, and a great pie scratcer, -_^

Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2006, 02:28 AM

I can remember my father always having a beard when I was little. I also recall him seeing photos of him in college as a kind of hippy, and also that he had issues with food in his beard.

Oddly he left the world of long beards and teaching high school choir and moved into the high paced world of banking. I think he likes the money there better anyhow.

Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2006, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Leia's Left Bun
One of the few people it looked good on:

And yet he had to shave it for Deanna. I don't know why most women want to make men shave. Honestly, I think beards can make a man look distinguished and noble. Of course that depends on the wearer. The sadistic lunatic 90 miles away from the the southernmost point of the U.S. is definitely neither, but I can think of many great men who have been and are.

It's a tradition that seems to have lost popularity with the advent of better razors and modern life. But that only means that those of us who actually like beards will be wearing them, which is fine with me. :-)

Forum Links
Forum Rules