Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Odwalla vs. Naked Juice Smoothies

Odwalla vs. Naked Juice Smoothies
Professional Poster
Feb 8, 2006, 09:57 PM

Odwalla was my gateway drug. Superfood couldn't be judged by its green-sludge appearance—it tasted great and was damn-healthy, too. I slowly made my way through most smoothie flavors, but started giving their biggest competitor, Naked Juice, a try, too.

After judging back and forth, I have to say that Naked is MUCH better than Odwalla. Naked's protein shakes, especially, taste infinitely better, though some of the more generic flavors, like Superfood, are only subtly different (even in these slight cases, I prefer Naked). The big difference, however, seems to be health-wise. Odwallas are great for you, sure, but Naked packs a lot more good stuff inside each bottle (compare and you'll see BIG differences).

So, is anyone else addicted to these expensive little drinks? What kinds are your favorite?
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Moderator Emeritus
Feb 8, 2006, 10:06 PM

Naked Juice Berry Blast.
Costco in AZ had half gallons for $7.50 or so, I can't find those here
I'm going to end up drinking 2 a week again because I have class at 8am and the campus co-op is right next to class. Yay $5.98/week that I shouldn't be spending
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2006, 10:22 PM

Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2006, 10:28 PM

those POM drinks are good but so damn expensive. Ditto to the Naked/Odwalla drinks, so i don't get them often, but they are pretty tasty. In fact, I think I'll grab one next time I go to the store-- there goes a few bucks

"I start fires!"

Professional Poster
Feb 8, 2006, 11:05 PM

I found the Naked lemon/limeaid over the summer in a few places near work... dammit, the campus shops don't stock that one... bugger

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Moderator Emeritus
Feb 8, 2006, 11:19 PM

I need to find a place around here that sells the 64 or 128 ounce bottles...Maybe I can get the co-op to order some...
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 8, 2006, 11:32 PM

Kerns Strawberry-Mango all the way.

I didn't see Strawberry-Mango listed on the site, but it's in my fridge and belly... mmmmmm..

Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2006, 12:14 AM

That sounds pretty good. I'll have to look for it next time I'm in Whole Foods.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Forum Links
Forum Rules