Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lost Season 3

Lost Season 3 (Page 7)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2007, 01:14 PM

I was hoping for some Kate/Juliet action, myself, but it was still a good episode.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 12, 2007, 03:04 PM

Hope Juliet turns on the others soon.
iMac 24" | Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HD
PowerBook G4 15" HR | 1.67GHz | 2GB RAM | 100GB HD
R.I.P 1995 Toyota Supra NA-T

Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2007, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
I was hoping for some Kate/Juliet action, myself, but it was still a good episode.
There is always that hope. They've run around in the mud and rain together, now we just need to find the Other's Jello Station.
yep.

Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2007, 01:23 PM

And only 5 more episodes for this season. I wonder how long the break will be this time?

Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Apr 13, 2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
And only 5 more episodes for this season. I wonder how long the break will be this time?
I thought there were no more breaks, and we'd get the rest of the episodes uninterrupted.

Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2007, 07:33 PM

The break until next season?

Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2007, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
The break until next season?
Yep. And also, will they do what they did this year with the final 16 episodes of this season.

Posting Junkie
Apr 14, 2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
Six episodes even. 17 to 22. I do hope season 4 will start faster than this one. It was testing at times. Though they kind of made up for it with the Kate/Juliet mudfight

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2007, 04:11 PM

I hope they do it the same with season 4 as they did season 3. Half the episodes, break, the other half. I hated season 2 and never having any idea when the next episode was going to be aired.

Forum Regular
Apr 14, 2007, 04:17 PM

I need to find it, but there was a magizine article stating that Season 4 would start in January of '08. 24 style.

Mac Elite
Apr 15, 2007, 11:49 AM

Finally starting to get good - the first 6 episodes totally lost my interest - I was tired of just watching the losties getting beat up each week. Now at least there is a story again.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2007, 08:33 AM

1. Why is the eye patch man still alive?
2. Why is everyone else "dead"?

Interesting episode.

Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
1. Why is the eye patch man still alive?
I'm thinking either the Island healed him, or he faked his death.

Apr 27, 2007, 01:44 PM

I'm thinking "foaming pellet in the mouth with chemicals to slow down heartbeat" but then it begs the question: is the fence not really dangerous? Could they have just walked through? The fence stops the black smoke though.

Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I'm thinking "foaming pellet in the mouth with chemicals to slow down heartbeat" but then it begs the question: is the fence not really dangerous? Could they have just walked through? The fence stops the black smoke though.
Could have been that the fence was off when patch went through ...

Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2007, 05:50 PM

it was definitely off when he went through. that's why juliette wasnt scared of it and kate was. She turned it on, and then it repelled the lame smoke monster

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
it was definitely off when he went through. that's why juliette wasnt scared of it and kate was. She turned it on, and then it repelled the lame smoke monster
That wasn't at the same time. That was several days later, after the Others left (presumably turning the fence off to walk through).
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Apr 27, 2007, 06:26 PM

or presumably, juliet shut the fence off when she dragged kate out to the jungle, and there was no one left (conscious) at the camp to turn it back on.

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 27, 2007, 08:43 PM

I was about to destroy my TV cause I need to see the next episode! Oh and BTW, the eye patch dude is weird.

Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2007, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I'm thinking either the Island healed him, or he faked his death.
Or he has a twin, or he has a clone.

I'm curious as to why he ran to them when he saw the flare. What does the flare signify to the Others? I trust it's more than a mandate, "When you see a flare, run to it."
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

Apr 27, 2007, 09:28 PM

I took it to mean they were expecting the helicopter also. And the chick spoke russian to him. When asked what she said, eyepatch lied and said she said thank you for saving her. I think thank you is swasiba, and what she said didn't sound like that. Or is my memory fuzzy?

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2007, 11:46 AM

A few interesting things from last night.

When Jack and Juliette talked about whether they "should tell her" [Kate]
Tell her what?! I am really out of ideas on what they could want to tell her.

Sayid saying that he has never seen technology like that satellite phone
Is there actually some sort of time rift where the island people are in the past, or they've been catapulted to the present?
The issue I have with this is that Penny sent the helicopter girl (name?) to find them, so they can't really be out of "time" too much can they? Penny took years to finally gather up a search party?

Sawyer's Sawer was Locke's Dad
If I hadn't read someone's idea about this a while ago, I think I would've been floored.

Ben's a dick
Maybe not new or anything, but I find him to be so unscrupulous.

At the same time as I thought the episode dragged along, I really enjoyed it.

Mac Elite
May 3, 2007, 12:50 PM

My guess... Juliet told Jack everything of why she is there (Kidnapping pregnant chicks and the raid plan), and they are planning to screw Ben over at some point. Being the conversation was about her 'trust'. Jack isn't ready to tell Kate being she talks too much. She was there telling him about the helicopter after swearing not to say anything. However, I think her telling Jack is part of a plan of Sayid, because none of them trust Jack at this point anymore.

I'd just kill Juliet and call it a day.

Professional Poster
May 3, 2007, 02:58 PM

Is there actually some sort of time rift where the island people are in the past, or they've been catapulted to the present?
The issue I have with this is that Penny sent the helicopter girl (name?) to find them, so they can't really be out of "time" too much can they? Penny took years to finally gather up a search party?
I think it's just an advanced piece of technology not publicly available. If we were to show the Losties an iPhone they'd probably have the same reaction.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2007, 03:05 PM

Yeah, I think Juliet told jack what's up, and that's why Jack was saying "Where did you get that?!?" in regard to the tape, in next weeks preview. SO, Sawyer thinks he's got Juliet trapped by "exposing" her with the tape, but she's already confessed to Jack, etc., etc.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Clinically Insane
May 3, 2007, 04:09 PM

Jack is pregnant.

Maybe Sayid hadn't seen a touchscreen phone before.

Sawyer's Sawer was Locke's Dad
If I hadn't read someone's idea about this a while ago, I think I would've been floored.
I figured it out when they revealed that Locke had to kill his dad.
Chuck
___

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2007, 04:18 PM

I was so relieved to see sawyer kill locke's dad!

Senior User
May 3, 2007, 06:08 PM

LOST has really redeemed itself toward the end of this season. I too think that Jack and Juliet are working together to bring Ben down.

Frankly, though, I'm tired of Jack and his "what I say goes" attitude. He didn't even flinch when Kate told him that no one trusts him. I don't even think we need Jack in the series anymore. He may be one to get offed in the season finale.

Posting Junkie
May 3, 2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
I think it's just an advanced piece of technology not publicly available. If we were to show the Losties an iPhone they'd probably have the same reaction.
An iPhone? They'd probably toss the sat-phone into the ocean!

Posting Junkie
May 3, 2007, 08:24 PM

Nice episode and good to see Locke's dad taken care of. He was a biotch. Also the idea that they were really dead and in hell or something was brought up, but that is a red herring.

Alway's nice to watch Kate's well shaped ass

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Senior User
May 4, 2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Nice episode and good to see Locke's dad taken care of. He was a biotch. Also the idea that they were really dead and in hell or something was brought up, but that is a red herring.

Alway's nice to watch Kate's well shaped ass

V
I'm glad they addressed the purgatory/hell issue. That's been a rumor the creators have denied since the start of the series.

Mac Enthusiast
May 5, 2007, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
Frankly, though, I'm tired of Jack and his "what I say goes" attitude. He didn't even flinch when Kate told him that no one trusts him. I don't even think we need Jack in the series anymore. He may be one to get offed in the season finale.
I agree, Jack has been nothing but annoying to watch in the last good 5-6 episodes. He seems less and less like a leader and more just like a douche bag.

I think that a Jack and Juliet against Ben type ending would be almost too predictable. Its clear they want us to keep thinking Juliet has a good side (The " I hate you " after the recording she left for Ben... amoung other hints) just so that when we think she has finally turned on Ben and the others... and we support her, it is really just a guise.

My guess is that Juliet has a lot more going on than we are led to believe, that she is much more involved with the others, as it seems like she is too often displayed as not quite one of them. As the others love to manipulate and cover up almost every true intention and reality they have, it seems like they are almost trying to show Juliet as being outside their true group to lead us / the losties astray. For being such an outcast, its odd that she has such knowledge and involvement with the others.
yep.

Professional Poster
May 5, 2007, 08:57 AM

I agree that Jack should be voted off the island, he has become a very uninteresting character. The whole series is missing the "lord of the flies" aspect that would happen in a real life situation. I thought they were coming to that when Hurley told sawyer they were going to vote on banishing him. The social dynamic seems really dull at the moment.

Play Food Fight! available free on the App Store! (NO DON'T... iOS7 broke it. I'll take it down soon. Bugger.)
Or how about a really weird (or stupid) game: Nesen Probe, it's also free.

May 5, 2007, 06:27 PM

since the satellite phone had touch screen like an iPhone, and the crash happened 3 years ago our time, 3 months ago their time... yeah, I'd say it's advanced. Penny has the money for cutting edge.

Penny has spent 3 years looking for Desmond, that's who she's searching for.

I really thought Sawyer did a good job with locke's dad, his reactions, and his reactions afterward. Wonder what Rousseau thought of the whole thing, or what was the point of having her wander in. Unless we're supposed to wonder what she's going to do with the dynamite?

Clinically Insane
May 5, 2007, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Wonder what Rousseau thought of the whole thing, or what was the point of having her wander in. Unless we're supposed to wonder what she's going to do with the dynamite?
Yeah, she's probably going to do something with the dynamite in the next few episodes, so they wanted to remind everybody of the Black Rock. Also, it was pretty entertaining. "Oh, what are you doing here?" "Got a man tied up back there. Yourself?" "I want some dynamite."
Chuck
___

Professional Poster
May 5, 2007, 07:09 PM

Yeah, that line struck my funny bone too!

Play Food Fight! available free on the App Store! (NO DON'T... iOS7 broke it. I'll take it down soon. Bugger.)

Professional Poster
May 7, 2007, 10:21 AM

By the way, I'll bet Lock's dad is not dead. Or he will come back to life like the Russian. Why would he be instructed to carry him along when he comes to catch up with the others?

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2007, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
Why would he be instructed to carry him along when he comes to catch up with the others?
To prove that he is actually dead?

Professional Poster
May 7, 2007, 10:46 AM

Yeah, maybe, but that seems too simple for this show.

Posting Junkie
May 7, 2007, 11:38 AM

Nobody ever seems to die on the island.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2007, 11:41 AM

ABC is set to announce that LOST will have just 3 more seasons, BTW.

Variety.com - 'Lost' set for three more years

Professional Poster
May 7, 2007, 01:03 PM

What a crock, wrap it up already.

Professional Poster
May 7, 2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
Nobody ever seems to die on the island.
You're right. Boone, Shannon, Ecko, Libby, Anna Lucia, Dr. Arzt, Nikki and Paolo, Henry Gale... I'm sure they're all alive and kicking on another part of the island. Especially Dr. Arzt.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

May 7, 2007, 01:53 PM

expect the zombie army to figure considerably in season 4.

Mac Elite
May 7, 2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
You're right. Boone, Shannon, Ecko, Libby, Anna Lucia, Dr. Arzt, Nikki and Paolo, Henry Gale... I'm sure they're all alive and kicking on another part of the island. Especially Dr. Arzt.

He'll be ok. 1st degree burns at most.

Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2007, 03:29 PM

As far as we know, there are definitely some people who stay dead on the island. Maybe the island makes choices as to who lives and who dies?

One thing I read elsewhere was that the helicopter chick said "I am not alone" to the eyepatch dude, and not "thank you for saving me", like he told everyone else. If this is true, then where are her companion(s)? Maybe they bailed out with her, or maybe they're back on the ship she took off from?

All in all, I'm liking how the second half of this season is turning out. Good episodes with some good action and good scenes, and things to make you think about the big picture (which was seriously lacking from earlier episodes this season).

But I'm not sure if I'm happy about 3 more seasons. I think they're going to find that after next season people will be getting very tired of following along. I say next season should be the last.

Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2007, 04:55 PM

Uh no this show should be on for a very long time it is the best series I have ever watched!
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2007, 05:18 PM

That's the thing, it's a great show and one of my favorite tv shows of all time, but that is because of what the first season of the show did.
It showed up, put all of these crazy plots, questions, and hardly any answers in front of us and then made us wonder what the hell is going on.

As the show goes on, more questions get answered and I feel that after the 'main' questions of LOST are answered, the show will lose it's greatness and almost be on tv for the sake of being on tv.

I want the show to feel like a 6 season not-so-mini-series, and leave just as well as it came.

Forum Regular
May 7, 2007, 06:45 PM

Just to clear up a few misconceptions, the 3 seasons are 16 episode seasons. So really it's 2 more "seasons" if you define seasons by 24 episodes.

Mac Elite
May 7, 2007, 08:58 PM

Not happy about this - I would much rather have two seasons with 24 episodes each. I don't want to wait a whole extra year for the answers!

Forum Links
Forum Rules