Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is MacNN dying?

Is MacNN dying? (Page 6)
Thread Tools
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:13 PM
 
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
dammit, Peter. I poked at that bug on my screen 3 times before I realized it wasn't real. wtf, man. I almost broke my bigass flatpanel.
Good thing he didn't post a picture of a tin can.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:21 PM
 
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
Wait a minute. Don't worry about Ca$h. He just single-handedly saved the Lounge with this thread.
He is mostly a benefit to the forums. If you ignore his attacks. Believe me...he knows as much about automobiles as i do. And that's saying something. Also, his wife is kinda hot. For real, if Ca$h is banned then fully half of us need to go, too. Thicken your skin, folks. If a person can annoy you *that much* then I'm inclined to believe it's partly your own fault. How do you make it through life without being offended? You can't ban the people you dislike. He's not much different than any of us.
The point is that he has broken the rules so many times in the past, yet is allowed to continue posting. What is the point of having rules at all if people are just allowed to do whatever they want?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vacation.
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Please don't play me the German card. There've got to be better arguments by now you'd think. I am German . In a most un-german, non-invasive kind of way.
That's no good. We like our Germans properly German here.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamburg, germany
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by analogika View Post
We wouldn't have guessed...

Please don't follow in TETENAL's footsteps and solidify the impression that we Germans simply don't understand humor, 'kay?
I am not exactly sure whether that last sentence is funny or not to be honest.
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:29 PM
 
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
Not only have I been banned, I took down that goofball moderator "wlonh", too. You guys should be lining up to kiss my butt.
I thought he left because of me. I remember getting PHONE calls about that guy. Hell, I even have a few Mp3s of that guy complaining about me to other mods. Hhahahaha.
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamburg, germany
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:29 PM
 
Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
That's no good. We like our Germans properly German here.
Hey, that's wonderful! I feel most welcomed now.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:33 PM
 
What is the point of having rules at all?

Seriously, what do they accomplish? A little common sense is all that is necessary: don't make MacNN look bad, no porn, disturbing images, etc.

Honestly, think about it...

Sig size rules: pointless, although simply requesting that people reduce their sig sizes on a case-by-case basis is reasonable, measuring by pixel isn't

Image size rules: pointless

Threads about another member: pointless not put in context, preventing libel/defamation is all that is necessary here

Not reviving old threads: pointless

Posting in the right thread: courteous, no need to enforce this and allow non-mods to armchair mod

Threads lacking "substance": pointless, I'm glad we've eased off on this


Seriously, I've been here for several years now, and all the hand wringing, arm chair modding, debating the rules, exploiting loopholes, discussions about exploiting loopholes, etc. requires more energy than just letting the incident go.

Spliffdaddy is right. MacNN is not our Desktop that we can customize just so with our favorite picture. There will be people and things you don't like about it, big deal... Forums, for the most part, are for *recreation*. If you need to solve a problem, there is always Google, and while the tech sections are often great resources, all of these trouble threads occur in the lounge or political lounge.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:35 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
MacNN is not our Desktop that we can customize just so with our favorite picture.
Ironic, considering you're the one who always wants to remake it in the image of that place you run.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2005
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:36 PM
 
Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
That's no good. We like our Germans properly German here.
You mean, self loathers with a sense of humor not quite opposite to ours, but 90 degrees off?
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamburg, germany
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:40 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
You mean, self loathers with a sense of humor not quite opposite to ours, but 90 degrees off?

Who is "ours"? I hope you are refering to the English rather than the American? English humor is godly. American humor on the other hand ...
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:41 PM
 
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Who is "ours"? I hope you are refering to the English rather than the American? English humor is godly. American humor on the other hand ...
…is usually at the expense of the English?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:44 PM
 
Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
The point is that he has broken the rules so many times in the past, yet is allowed to continue posting. What is the point of having rules at all if people are just allowed to do whatever they want?
Rules are created so somebody doesn't have to make a decision. I don't believe in banning anybody from a forum. Trust me, it works. I've done this on a much larger scale. The population will put people in their place. Banning is pointless. It doesn't fix the problem. Let nature run its course.

edit: hell I've been here for 6 years AFTER I was banned. I mean, for real.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
 
I've read through page 2. The Lounge was able to keep me entertained for 8 hours of work straight, so I'd say it was fine when I left. Something must have happened since then.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:49 PM
 
I understand what you guys are saying, I really do. I was a moderator at another board for a long time and we had a real problem with everyone getting along with a single person. This went on for years and years, but we never had a good reason to ban the guy.

He was not a troll, he was not insulting, he was not there to cause trouble... he was just very vocal and had weird opinions.

That's not the case here. Ca$h is disruptive. He's annoying. He's immature. He's been banned dozens of times. He's probably been banned over 50 times. Why do they ban him at all if he's allowed to come back time and time again?

Does a ban even mean anything?

I tried ignoring him. I ignored him for years. It's ultimately not a big deal, but I'm just going to be honest here. I hate the guy. I hate everything about him. He crossed a line with me and he is never going to be able to come back.

Whatever. My point is this, ever time I see that the mods decided to let him start posting again, I wonder what the hell is going on. Is this place a joke?

He's either allowed to post here or not. Either ban him forever and anytime he shows up, or just give him his Ca$h name back and be done with it. Why all the back and forth? It's just stupid.

He's either banned, or he's allowed to post here. Which one is it?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2005
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Who is "ours"? I hope you are refering to the English rather than the American? English humor is godly. American humor on the other hand ...
Two friends are out hunting in a forest. One of the men sees a rabbit, and he aims his gun, he pulls the trigger, but the shot is fired just to the right of the rabbit. "Bad luck" they both say. But the man goes to take a second shot, sets his sights, fires, and he misses again, this time to the left. "Why did you shoot to the left this time?" asks his friend? "Well, on average, the rabbit is dead"
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I've read through page 2. The Lounge was able to keep me entertained for 8 hours of work straight, so I'd say it was fine when I left. Something must have happened since then.
My PPD dropped by 5 after you left.

Since this thread was started it kicked back up by 2, though.
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamburg, germany
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 06:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
Two friends are out hunting in a forest. One of the men sees a rabbit, and he aims his gun, he pulls the trigger, but the shot is fired just to the right of the rabbit. "Bad luck" they both say. But the man goes to take a second shot, sets his sights, fires, and he misses again, this time to the left. "Why did you shoot to the left this time?" asks his friend? "Well, on average, the rabbit is dead"
I must correct myself: English humor is often godly.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2005
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
I must correct myself: English humor is often godly.
That's not an English joke, nor is it American

It's so bad, I figured you Germans would love it.
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
That's not the case here. Ca$h is disruptive. He's annoying. He's immature.
Right, and I constantly pick fights with people all the time too... and I constantly berate and insult others, and I abuse people, bla bla bla bla bla.... but wait, you can't come up with ANY examples like that from the past few years, can you? I used to be a pain in the ass, but for the past few years I have done nothing out of the ordinary here. The problem is that YOU, apparently (who I don't even care about one way or the other since you never post anything interesting anyways), Kevin, and Railroader have it in for me, and report any TINY little thing I do that offends you, and you whine and complain, like a little girls, and throw tantrums in the feedback area, and now in this thread, and go "WAH! WAH WAH WAH! WHY ISNT HE BANNED! WAH!" and eventually they'll probably ban me again, purely because of just how well you guys complain. The problem with this, is that I am a stubborn person. If I was banned for something reasonable, fine. But I haven't been. I was banned for using the word "KIlbey" even though I was talking about "KILBY" a celtic name. That was BS. I was also banned for calling Railroader "Kilbey", a username he posted as for over 3 years, and incidentally, the name I know him by, since that what he called himself when I met him. That was BS also. The sad problem is that most of my bannings have been total bullshit, and I don't respect bullshit. Also, it takes less than 2 minutes to reregister for a new account, so it's pointless anyways. You truly hate me? IGNORE ME. Don't respond to any of my threads. Don't even think about me. "Ban me" from your brain. Problem solved.
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamburg, germany
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:14 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
That's not an English joke, nor is it American

It's so bad, I figured you Germans would love it.
Oh, I see. I am sorry it didn't work out that way then. Oh, the perils of preoccupation. They work as expected in any language and heritage, don't they.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vacation.
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
 
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
I must correct myself: English humor is often godly.
That was a Scottish joke.

Here's a Scotsman having fun:

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
 
I'd like to point out that I have never "reported" a thread of yours to the mods. Not once. Anything I've had to say I've said right in front of everyone.

I also did ignore you. For years. I don't debate you. It's pointless. All I ever post that relates to you is complaining that you are here.

I don't need to come up with examples. I'm not getting sucked into your game. I don't give a crap. I do not like you. It's no secret.

I'm more then willing to ignore you if they decide to allow you to post here. I would rather that they remove you forever, but that is not my call to make. I'll live with whatever they decide.

But if they are going to allow you to continue to post, why don't they just let you post as Ca$h again? Like I said, you are either banned or you are not.

Which one is it?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by KisforKennedy View Post
Right, and I constantly pick fights with people all the time too... and I constantly berate and insult others, and I abuse people, bla bla bla bla bla.... but wait, you can't come up with ANY examples like that from the past few years, can you? I used to be a pain in the ass, but for the past few years I have done nothing out of the ordinary here. The problem is that YOU, apparently (who I don't even care about one way or the other since you never post anything interesting anyways), Kevin, and Railroader have it in for me, and report any TINY little thing I do that offends you, and you whine and complain, like a little girls, and throw tantrums in the feedback area, and now in this thread, and go "WAH! WAH WAH WAH! WHY ISNT HE BANNED! WAH!" and eventually they'll probably ban me again, purely because of just how well you guys complain. The problem with this, is that I am a stubborn person. If I was banned for something reasonable, fine. But I haven't been. I was banned for using the word "KIlbey" even though I was talking about "KILBY" a celtic name. That was BS. I was also banned for calling Railroader "Kilbey", a username he posted as for over 3 years, and incidentally, the name I know him by, since that what he called himself when I met him. That was BS also. The sad problem is that most of my bannings have been total bullshit, and I don't respect bullshit. Also, it takes less than 2 minutes to reregister for a new account, so it's pointless anyways. You truly hate me? IGNORE ME. Don't respond to any of my threads. Don't even think about me. "Ban me" from your brain. Problem solved.
I can't find fault with what he said...even though i really like all the people that dislike him. It isn't like me to defend anybody. And, honestly, I can see how Ca$h would irritate some folks. But, think about it. I'm not any more well liked than he is (even less so). Yet my username dates back for years. Love him or hate him you have to admit he's got a point. And his wife is hot. That's worth something. right? C'mon. If Ca$h never returned most of you would wonder how he was doing. Make a place in your heart. It's a small sacrifice. You never know when you might feel like buying a Dodge Neon. Isn't it worth putting it all behind you?
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hamburg, germany
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
That was a Scottish joke.

Here's a Scotsman having fun:
Blimey. That's .
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
 
Hey SpliffD, I think you should drink more often! I finally enjoy your posts!
***
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In the South
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:47 PM
 
ort888, I THINK all you're TRYING to ask is , what's the point of banning someone if they can just come back...?

(The Ca$h-ba$h was unnecessary to ask this question.)

Generally, users like their user names and respect the ban, it's part of playing the game. Anyone can make a new user name and re-register. Some people are simply obsessed with MacNN even if it is dying.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In the South
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:48 PM
 
Is it time to drink yet? 6:49 here. What is the official time to start drinking alone?
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 07:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
I don't need to come up with examples. I'm not getting sucked into your game.
Typical. You can't admit when you're wrong, so you say that "you're not playing anymore".
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
 
Originally Posted by badidea View Post
Hey SpliffD, I think you should drink more often! I finally enjoy your posts!

for real. I'm hammered. Been drinking pretty much all day. this is unusual for me. Enjoy it while you can.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: eating kernel
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:24 PM
 
Originally Posted by KisforKennedy View Post
Typical. You can't admit when you're wrong, so you say that "you're not playing anymore".
I hate to get into this argument but I find it funny that you ignored my post of those "examples" you want. To me it seems you came back to start a fight.
Signature depreciated.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:24 PM
 
Originally Posted by KeriVit View Post
Is it time to drink yet? 6:49 here. What is the official time to start drinking alone?

holy cow, dude.

You're like 8 hours and 49 minutes late.

The earliest is 10:00am central time.

You'll NEVER catch up to me.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Ironic, considering you're the one who always wants to remake it in the image of that place you run.

I'm outspoken, but I'm not holding my breath demanding anything. I'm here still, after all.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
 
Originally Posted by KisforKennedy View Post
Typical. You can't admit when you're wrong, so you say that "you're not playing anymore".
What are you even talking about? I'm not wrong about anything.

You have been banned dozens of times. FACT.

None of those banning ever had anything to do with me. FACT.

I have never reported any activity of yours to a moderator. FACT.

I do not like you. FACT.

I do not like that you are allowed to post here. FACT.

I think you have a negative impact on the board. FACT.

I think the mods should leave you banned forever and am frustrated by your continued posting here. FACT.


Other may feel differently, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I've never tried to come up with proof, or report you or anything similar. All I do is argue over wether or not you should be allowed to post here or not. You have been banned dozens of times for something. I think that once you cross that line, you should not be coming back. It's that simple. You have been forbidden from coming here, for whatever reason, yet you continue to return. That is the problem.

As for not having a way to keep people banned... that's BS. We used to ban people all the time. Just ban their IP address. Ban their email address. There are things you can do that make it harder and harder for people to keep coming back.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In the South
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
 
dammit!
*cracks open #1*
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
 
Yeah drink one for me. God knows I can't drink for myself right now.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 08:37 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
My PPD dropped by 5 after you left.

Since this thread was started it kicked back up by 2, though.
I knew my life had some usefulness somewhere
I'm not sure if I'll get my old job back after spending a summer actually having fun. It depends on how well the new guy works out, I won't know until later, and I think it's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to find a job that sweet anywhere else. I might have to start...shudder...working.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 09:25 PM
 
Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
As for not having a way to keep people banned... that's BS. We used to ban people all the time. Just ban their IP address. Ban their email address. There are things you can do that make it harder and harder for people to keep coming back.
Interesting points... I agree with you, ort.

This whole talk about everyone secretly loving the guy is bullshit, imo. I think the fascination with Cash is very simple--his positions are so inflammatory, and so easily refutable, that arguing with him is worth getting pissed off over what he says. Everyone else in here takes a decent amount of thought to argue with--Cash gives everyone a break from having to think hard, but still provides argument. That's my theory anyway.

As far as MacNN dying, well I don't think that's happening. I have been posting much less lately, however. The main reason for this is that I've been staying less informed lately, which makes it very difficult to argue in the PL. Some threads interest me in the other forums, but lets face it--intense arguments drive up post frequency, and nothing fuels intense argument like the average subject matter in the PL.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by loki74 View Post
I've been staying less informed lately, which makes it very difficult to argue in the PL
Never stopped anybody else.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by loki74 View Post
This whole talk about everyone secretly loving the guy is bullshit, imo. I think the fascination with Cash is very simple--his positions are so inflammatory,
Hating SUVs and liking dodge neons is inflammatory? Why? I have data to back up my opinions that SUVS are very bad at most things, and neons are pretty good at a lot of things.

[img]and so easily refutable,[/quote]

Actually I have lots of hard data to back up any of my 'hot' topics. I think the reason that some people get so pissed at me is that I actually present enough links, knowledge, and evidence to support my opinions that I prove people wrong, and they can't admit this, so instead they get pissed off. Lots of politically correct people would enjoy 'liking' hybrids, but my evidence, research, and examples prove that hybrids are not very green at all. Lots of people would like to think the Tesla Roadster is a step forward, but as I argued (and was later proven right as the makers kept dropping the expected range) it's a step backwards. The fact that I know a lot about the things I'm passionate about pisses people off who don't know what they're talking about.
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by C.A.T.S. CEO View Post
I hate to get into this argument but I find it funny that you ignored my post of those "examples" you want. To me it seems you came back to start a fight.
Sorry cats. I had responded to them, but then the internet was getting stupid a few days ago (I was at a friend's place who had nothing but emachines so his wireless would mysteriously die every few minutes). I'll fix that situation now:

[quote] 1. I was right. They banned me for using Kilbey. I didn't use Kilbey. I used KILBY. Also, the idea of banning somebody for mentioning a member's old username that they posted with for over 3 years is totally retarded. Many members here thought this 'decision' was incredibly stupid. I have zero respect for bullshit banninations, especially when they aren't even true.

2. I don't like the South. My link provided data which backs up all the southern stereotypes. People who live in the South get pissed off. Good thing I'm not black or they'd have probably found me and burned a few crosses in my front yard.

3. I'll let Laterlus respond to this one:

Originally Posted by Lateralus
I get to see all of reported post notifications when somebody reports one of Ca$h's posts. So I also get to read the reason given for reporting it.

You guys try to nail down Ca$h for the most insignificant crap. Stuff you wouldn't bat an eye for if anybody else did it.

Crying wolf isn't going to do anybody any good. Give it up.
4. I asked a specific question regard zinc anodes. Then a bunch of people started shitting all over my topic with unrelated information, in an attempt to 'thread-jack' my original question. Why? Because I was the one that asked the question.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2005
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:14 PM
 
So in other words you provoke fights by throwing around stereotypes and trying to find loopholes through rules and whinging when you get caught.
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:24 PM
 
No, I speak my opinion, and some people who disagree get pissed off and start fights with me because they disagree with me. Also, I spell whining correctly when I accuse other people of doing it.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2005
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:27 PM
 
I didn't say whining, I said whinging. I don't think you whine, you just complain and moan all the time, which is what the word means.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Never stopped anybody else.
good point

Originally Posted by KisforKennedy View Post
Hating SUVs and liking dodge neons is inflammatory? Why? I have data to back up my opinions that SUVS are very bad at most things, and neons are pretty good at a lot of things.
Perhaps I used the wrong words. I do not mean your positions on issues in general--I mean how you present them. And how you attack other members or groups of people who disagree with you, in general.

Originally Posted by KisforKennedy View Post
Actually I have lots of hard data to back up any of my 'hot' topics. I think the reason that some people get so pissed at me is that I actually present enough links, knowledge, and evidence to support my opinions that I prove people wrong, and they can't admit this, so instead they get pissed off.
For all the knowledge you claim to have, I find it funny that I can't recall a single post of yours where you demonstrate any of this knowledge. I'm not refuting that you've made such posts, they just don't stick in my mind.

What does stick in my mind is how hateful you can be to other members. Your positions and knowledge and arguments are fine, the fact that frankly you're an asshole to many people here, is not. I really don't think too many people get pissed at you just for having evidence.

I will concede to you one point, however, and it goes along with the quote you have from Lateralus. Many people here do have an axe to grind with you, and that isn't right. I would simply add that you give many of them good reason.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
You never know when you might feel like buying a Dodge Neon.


I'm on my 4th Cape Codder, don't think I'm near your level yet, but It's still real early


Plus I've smoked 2 joints so far, so I have you beat there.
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:34 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
I didn't say whining, I said whinging. I don't think you whine, you just complain and moan all the time, which is what the word means.
Huh. I've never heard of that word before. Anyway, I'm done complaining about people trying to tick me off. Back to the topic at hand now, please.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:35 PM
 
What the hell was the topic again?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2005
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:37 PM
 
Tits, Gordon Brown, something along those lines
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
 
Tits and Gordon Brown......something went awry since page 5
     
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 19, 2007, 11:33 PM
 
Hrm. This might help:

     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2