Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Rules for hitting on women. Please add.

Rules for hitting on women. Please add. (Page 4)
Thread Tools
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 12:24 AM
 
sorry doods, we gotta fix the ratio up a bit.

ice
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 02:41 AM
 
Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
You guys are getting Oisin all hot and bothered.
Hm...I probably shouldn't have posted a semi-nude picture of myself.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2005
Location: La Crosse, WI
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 02:44 AM
 
Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
sorry doods, we gotta fix the ratio up a bit.

That you? That girl in black is pretty damn hot! The other one isn't too bad either!
2.3 GHz Intel i5 MacBook Pro
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Nov 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 02:57 AM
 
Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Wow. Just....wow.

What I'm seeing is a combination of "act like you're the sh!t; she'll find that attractive" and "manipulate her by doing things in order to make her do what you want".

I mean, I know I'm not really a typical girl, but I find it a complete turn off when a guy is (a)overly confident, (b)"a tad" arrogant, and/or (b)manipulative.

If you want to get some dumb blonde who will put out but be incapable of having an intelligent conversation, go for it. If you actually want someone with some cognitive abilites above a fourteen-year-old, here's a really hot tip: be yourself. You can only keep up a facade of arrogance, coolness, or whatever else for so long before the real you comes out. So you might as well just let it out to begin with, instead of trying to manipulate a girl into believing what you want her to believe, rather than seeing you for who you really are.

For some reason it's always the females that disagree with this kind of advice, while the men promote it.
I rarely hear men say that this advice fails them, which makes me wonder if it's actually true and gets the job done.

I am disgusted with this world. I'll die celebate if it meant I'd get to keep my dignity.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 03:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Pfft, that's nothing


I now know what your name means... seksy!
     
Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: on the verge of insanity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 03:57 AM
 


Laminar?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 04:02 AM
 
Does the dude on the right on sek's picture have a semi?
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 05:19 AM
 
Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
sorry doods, we gotta fix the ratio up a bit.
I agree.

Guess which one I am:

     
Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: on the verge of insanity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 05:41 AM
 
Looks like you found a couple of Oompa Loompas.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 09:06 AM
 
Hey wasn't the Oopma Loompa song about not being greedy?
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 09:12 AM
 
Well, they’re not, are they? They seem to be sharing just fine.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The New Posts Button
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 09:22 AM
 
I could practically hear Oisin's drool hitting the keyboard last night.
( Last edited by Dakar V; Nov 12, 2008 at 09:40 AM. )
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 09:37 AM
 
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Well, they’re not, are they? They seem to be sharing just fine.
I was talking about me.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:14 AM
 
Originally Posted by krillbee View Post
For some reason it's always the females that disagree with this kind of advice, while the men promote it.
I rarely hear men say that this advice fails them, which makes me wonder if it's actually true and gets the job done.

I am disgusted with this world. I'll die celebate if it meant I'd get to keep my dignity.
It seems that the majority of people that disagree with this advice are:
A) Girls that are pissed because no one ever hits on them (You'll never get an intelligent girl with that advice),
B) Guys that have zero game and are jealous (I can't believe you'd treat women like pieces of meat)
( Last edited by Laminar; Nov 12, 2008 at 10:25 AM. )
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:19 AM
 
That has to be the truest thing that I have ever read on a forum.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:26 AM
 
Or:

C) Married guys like myself who have retired from the "game"

However, it is true that I never did have much game, but I have little regret, as I simply was never that kind of game playing guy.
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:34 AM
 
Yea, I don't think it's as black and white as the A/B/C choices, but hey that can be discussed over the next 4 pages.

I know a guy who loves TOUCHING girls, no matter what, how, when. If there's one time in a hot girl's day where she doesn't want to have someone's hands on their shoulders, he finds it. Most girls I know who know him are like "ughhh, he's such a freakin' toucherrrr".. when I'm around him, I rag on him a little for being so touchy. He writes it off as me being jealous. Whatever toolbox.
ice
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:35 AM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Or:

C) Married guys like myself who have retired from the "game"

However, it is true that I never did have much game, but I have little regret, as I simply was never that kind of game playing guy.
So B)
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:37 AM
 
Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
Yea, I don't think it's as black and white as the A/B/C choices
That would be more like, black, white, and... red?
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:41 AM
 
Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
sorry doods, we gotta fix the ratio up a bit.

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
Hey, there is an advantage to being sticky. Your thread is always at the top.

Are those Indonesians? Mawlries?

For some reason, I imagine IceEnclosure looking like this:



Might be the blue, I dunno.
Originally Posted by calverson View Post
Guess which one I am:

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Also, jumping pics are teh hott.

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
I agree.

Guess which one I am:



We should have a pics of members thread.

(read that anyway you want)
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:43 AM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
So B)
You are welcome to think whatever you want, it makes no difference to me.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:45 AM
 
Originally Posted by calverson View Post
We should have a pics of members thread.

(read that anyway you want)
There's one from a year or two ago. Feel free to start a new one if you want.
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:49 AM
 
Originally Posted by calverson View Post
That would be more like, black, white, and... red?
oops. how about "cut and dry".
ice
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 10:53 AM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
You are welcome to think whatever you want, it makes no difference to me.
Who are you trying to convince, you or me?
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:00 AM
 
I really don't think besson cares, he was just pointing out what I was pointing out, that there's truly more choices to it than:

-Got game

-Don't got no game and you're a loser and can't get women
ice
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:01 AM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Who are you trying to convince, you or me?
How is it possible to convince anybody of either point? This is purely empirical.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:01 AM
 
Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
I really don't think besson cares, he was just pointing out what I was pointing out, that there's truly more choices to it than:

-Got game

-Don't got no game and you're a loser and can't get women
Which is why I used the word "majority" and not "all."
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Which is why I used the word "majority" and not "all."
So then why am I clumped into your B category for simply adding a category to your list?

This is boring.

Laminar, please share with us some crazy sex stories so that this thread is exciting again. Have you ever seen people openly having sex in public, completely unbothered by their surroundings?
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:11 AM
 
I have. I was in a club once and I walked into the bathroom, and this dude was doggy-stylin' it with some drunk bird.
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
There's one from a year or two ago. Feel free to start a new one if you want.
There was even a gallery from that same thread. I’m too lazy to go search for it now (I need to buy groceries anyway), but it was made by awaspaas. I’ve got a similar thing going for a different forum (not perhaps very likely that people will care much about a random gallery of random unknown people, but what the hell) (and yes, I know it’s fugly, I just don’t care enough to redo it) (and yes, most of the pictures of me in there are jokes, or are meant to be at least).

Originally Posted by besson3c
Have you ever seen people openly having sex in public, completely unbothered by their surroundings?
In San Francisco, on the night of the Pride Parade, yeah. Walking up some steep hill (yeah, I know—steep hill in San Francisco, very specific), I walk past a guy getting a blowjob in a small recess between two houses.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:15 AM
 


I'm in love.
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:16 AM
 
psh, a couple of friends and I watched a guy and girl, from start to finish, bang it out RIGHT NEXT TO US at the bar. AT the bar.

If anything, we stepped back a few feet.

At one point, I swear, the bartender was like "Hey if your girl needs to sleep maybe you should take her home" because her head was on the bar all sloppy like. They were both standing up, dude bringing up the rear.
ice
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
In San Francisco, on the night of the Pride Parade, yeah. Walking up some steep hill (yeah, I know—steep hill in San Francisco, very specific), I walk past a guy getting a blowjob in a small recess between two houses.
And joined in?
     
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
And joined in?
Nah, I was too slow, only really noticed it when I’d already passed them. I didn’t even get a picture (despite actually having my camera around my neck at the time).

I’m such a wuss.

(Oh, and that animated GIF was made by someone else [a Croatian girl, if memory serves], I can’t take credit for it.)
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
psh, a couple of friends and I watched a guy and girl, from start to finish, bang it out RIGHT NEXT TO US at the bar. AT the bar.

If anything, we stepped back a few feet.

At one point, I swear, the bartender was like "Hey if your girl needs to sleep maybe you should take her home" because her head was on the bar all sloppy like. They were both standing up, dude bringing up the rear.

Were they both sober? Attractive? That takes some balls...
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:41 AM
 
I once had sex in a lounge of a commune with some university student. There were people walking around the house, (it was about 3:30am) and someone walked in and switched on the TV, watched for about 2 minutes and walked out...

Edit: ...which was kind of annoying cause I don't like boning with Fox News in the background.
( Last edited by calverson; Nov 12, 2008 at 12:04 PM. )
     
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 11:58 AM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Have you ever seen people openly having sex in public, completely unbothered by their surroundings?
I take it, you have never been to a festival?

Hell, I have done it in public at a few times
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 12:00 PM
 
Originally Posted by Jens Peter View Post
I take it, you have never been to a festival?

Hell, I have done it in public at a few times
No, I wouldn't know where to find such a thing in America... We are too puritanical here!
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
 
Sex in public is great. As per the above, I have only done it once, but I have engaged in many other actions in public areas such as school, the beach, the movies, clubs, restaurants.

I once fingered this chick in a mall.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
 
How about in church? Anybody do something in there?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by calverson View Post
Sex in public is great. As per the above, I have only done it once, but I have engaged in many other actions in public areas such as school, the beach, the movies, clubs, restaurants.

I once fingered this chick in a mall.
You should totally get a gold star for that. I'm swooning with how amazingly fabulous you are.

WRT the people boning in the bar: I can't imagine doing that. I've done my share of making out in public, but I don't think I'd be up for clothing coming off in the middle of a public area.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The New Posts Button
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 12:59 PM
 
I suspect the skirt with no underwear angle was worked there.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:00 PM
 
If I were a guy, though, I'm not sure I'd want to whip my wiener out in public all gung-ho and whatnot. Some penile exposure, no matter how minimal, would be necessary to do a girl in public.

Some people just have zero sense of common sense and decency. You gotta draw the line somewhere...
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The New Posts Button
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
You gotta draw the line somewhere...
I'm more disturbed that the bar was cool with this.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vente: Achat
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
I suspect the skirt with no underwear angle was worked there.
Have you seen the "underwear" that ladies seem to be wearing these days? Not enough fabric to put off a fight by any means.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
You should totally get a gold star for that. I'm swooning with how amazingly fabulous you are.

WRT the people boning in the bar: I can't imagine doing that. I've done my share of making out in public, but I don't think I'd be up for clothing coming off in the middle of a public area.

Isn't it kind of funny what sorts of level of clothing people are comfortable or uncomfortable with?

At a beach, a bikini is fair game. Walking through a bar or something, it would probably make most women feel uncomfortable. A bikini is basically just the same as wearing nothing but underwear, but I would bet that most women do not feel comfortable wearing nothing but underwear anywhere.

How about the thong? Many women are comfortable with making it known that they are wearing a thong, and many will show part of their thong, but not all of it. Maybe some would wear a thong-like bikini at the beach?

Why is it that that extra inch or two of fabric and the context makes all of the difference in the world? I'm not criticizing you Shif, because obviously it would be abnormal if it *didn't* concern you, but I think it is rather strange when you stop and think about it.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
You should totally get a gold star for that. I'm swooning with how amazingly fabulous you are.
You should see how totally good looking I am. PM me and we can get together. Publicly.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Isn't it kind of funny what sorts of level of clothing people are comfortable or uncomfortable with?

At a beach, a bikini is fair game. Walking through a bar or something, it would probably make most women feel uncomfortable. A bikini is basically just the same as wearing nothing but underwear, but I would bet that most women do not feel comfortable wearing nothing but underwear anywhere.

How about the thong? Many women are comfortable with making it known that they are wearing a thong, and many will show part of their thong, but not all of it. Maybe some would wear a thong-like bikini at the beach?

Why is it that that extra inch or two of fabric and the context makes all of the difference in the world? I'm not criticizing you Shif, because obviously it would be abnormal if it *didn't* concern you, but I think it is rather strange when you stop and think about it.
It's actually pretty interesting to think about. My mom had a heart attack the first time I bought a two-piece swimming suit, even though it didn't show all that much more than a one-piece.

It's also one of the reasons why I don't think it's all that big of a deal if one of my male friends sees me changing my shirt. It's not like I'm going topless or anything.

Women who pull their thong straps up over the top of their jeans just look really trashy, IMO. They're doing it in order to hypersexualize themselves for men, which is just sad.

I do wonder sometimes about the culture shift between the United States and European countries. When I want to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico a few years, many of the European women went topless on the beach (although most put their bikini tops back on upon returning to the pool area). I just wonder when it became taboo in the U.S. (or when it became okay in Europe - I don't know which came first).

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
You should see how good looking I am too. PM me and we can get together. Publicly.
Sorry. I don't have a fake tan, I have more than three brain cells, and I don't date little kids.

I have this ridiculous thing called self-respect. It's one of my major downfalls, I know.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Sorry. I don't have a fake tan,
Thats fine - how about a real tan?

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
I have more than three brain cells,
Good, you will need them: you are going to need to remember to remind me to pull out.

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
and I don't date little kids.
Wow, I said nothing about dating. You are getting too serious. Watch out, you might scare me away.

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
I have this ridiculous thing called self-respect. It's one of my major downfalls, I know.
Nothing that a few drinks won't handle.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 12, 2008, 01:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by calverson View Post
Wow, I said nothing about dating. You are getting too serious. Watch out, you might scare me away.
Would it make you feel better if I clarified and said that I don't fraternize in public with children such as yourself?

You concern me. Your attitude toward women is disgusting. You view them as objects to be conquered, as opposed to human beings with actual feelings. It's not a far stretch from joking about using alcohol to make a girl do what you want into actually using alcohol to manipulate her into doing what you want.

You need a serious reality check. Women are people, just like men. They deserve to be treated with respect. The only way that an empty one night stand is justifiable is if both people in are in full possession of their faculties - not where the man is using deception and manipulation to con a woman into getting into bed with him.

I'm sorry, but you need to grow up.
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2