Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple is second most liberal US corporation, Google is #4

Apple is second most liberal US corporation, Google is #4
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2010, 10:28 PM

I recently came across this interesting site that uses political contribution records to rank companies and universities by how liberal/conservative they are. Apple's employees are the second most liberal of any company, and are actually slightly more liberal than Harvard. Google is also on the list of most liberal companies, which the author claims has something to do with why Google left China. There is also a cool visualization of the rankings.

The University of Google: Was the decision to exit China ideological or business as usual? � Ideological Cartography

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2010, 02:26 PM

Wrong forum?

BTW, the Genentech guy sits on Apple's board, and they developed a version of BLAST with Apple.

Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2010, 02:53 PM

2nd most Liberal IT corp. From the same blog post, the following table might be a little easier to read... Negative means are liberal: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~ajb454/fil...r_ideology.htm

Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 31, 2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Negative means [they] are liberal:
MAKES SENSE TO ME LOLOL allcaps

Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2010, 10:18 PM

Why do you always insist on useless responses in all caps? Has a 12 year old girl hacked into your account?

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2010, 11:03 PM

In his defense, I thought of that joke also.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 31, 2010, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Why do you always insist on useless responses in all caps? Has a 12 year old girl hacked into your account?
It's because I'm too precocious.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2010, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Would you say, pwecocious?

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2010, 01:02 AM

I like Laminar even though he hates me, so don't anybody say anything bad about him or I shall give you a knuckle sandwich right at your testicles (or vagina, if you are a girl).

Posting Junkie
Apr 1, 2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Truer words have never been typed.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2010, 10:38 AM

so your argument is that google left china because it is liberal? maybe you and i have different meanings for liberal. does that mean it has to leave israel too? maybe it needs to leave the u.s. because it is the biggest contributor to violence around the world, biggest polluter, most wasteful of natural resources, one of the most religious industrialised countries, biggest supporter of right wing dictatorships worldwide, biggest military budget, does not allow gay marriage, has racist hate groups running around all over, prostitution illegal. war on drugs. and the most number of prisoners per capita. im sure noam chomsky can tell you more on the subject. in the american sense of the word, there is no such thing as a liberal corporation. it always baffles me how idiotic americans use red to represent the right wing and blue to represent the left. not to say that there is a left wing in america
( Last edited by COPE2; Apr 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules