Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > No Miley Cyrus Has Sexuality Thread?

No Miley Cyrus Has Sexuality Thread? (Page 7)
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2013, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Well, with that music, what a waste of a slut.

-t
I am amused by the notion a slut is wasted if she doesn't put out...

A good album.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2013, 01:36 AM

A slut is a terrible thing to waste.

Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2013, 06:59 AM

Amanda Palmer comments. With wisdom and compassion.

Amanda Palmer pens open letter to Sinead O'Connor about Miley Cyrus | Gigwise

Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2013, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
Amanda Palmer comments. With wisdom and compassion.

Amanda Palmer pens open letter to Sinead O'Connor about Miley Cyrus | Gigwise
What an awesome, awesome woman.

Just…awed.

Oct 5, 2013, 09:44 AM

Such an intelligent person, and it makes miley's **** you reaction to sinead's kindly intended advice make sense. Well that and she's an immature brat.

There’s no way Miley is going to read your letter and turn around saying “holy shit, they’ve been taking advantage of me this whole time!” She’s been taking advantage of herself, of her youth, her fame and her sexuality…and she knows it.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2013, 08:39 PM

She puts well my sentiment she should be able to do what she wants, and I couldn't care less if she makes you uncomfortable. It's why I titled the thread the way I did.

OTOH, I have concern she's playing a game where you have to keep raising the stakes, and she's raising them pretty quickly. She's not going to have much left in the kitty to bet unless she veers into the self-destructive side of things.

Addicted to MacNN
Oct 5, 2013, 10:38 PM

Miley's one hit of heroin away from turning into the next Courtney Love or Lindsay Lohan. I think that's what's more bothersome than anything else.

She's not "calling all the shots" and "in control". She's a lost, out-of-control train wreck. It's pretty sad to watch, but not nearly as sad as what happened to Lindsay Lohan. She had some real acting talent (IMO) before she turned into a junkie.

Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2013, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Miley's one hit of heroin away from turning into the next Courtney Love or Lindsay Lohan.
How is that bad ?

Lindsay Lohan's getting old. Pun intended. We need some train wreck to guide future generations.

-t

Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2013, 08:53 AM

1. Miley has talent. If you do not think she does, then I'd suggest you re-evaluate what it takes to make albums like Bangerz (which by all accounts is pretty damn good) or have multiple top hits or continue to get tons of respect from other artists in her field.

2. By most accounts, Miley is a type-A perfectionist and control freak. If you think she's not calling her shots or in control, you may again want to re-evaluate your judgment.

3. None of the above things mean she will not turn into Lindsay Lohan or George Michaels.

4. None of the above things mean she will not turn into Madonna, either - controversial, boundary-pushing, sometimes-over-the-top, sometimes-out-of-control, but very savvy and more or less driving her own actions and aware of their affect on her career.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2013, 08:00 AM

Anyone seen Miley's SNL stint or the Roots/Fallon's a capella version of We Can't Stop? Not bad.

Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2013, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
3. None of the above things mean she will not turn into Lindsay Lohan or George Michaels.
What's up with George Michael?

Near as I can tell, he lives a pretty peaceful life, gives the odd performance when money and occasion match up, and beyond that, makes the same dumb mistakes as everybody else, except the the yellow press might cover them. He gets caught with cannabis quite a bit and is a proponent of legalization. That applies to a lot of other people, too.

And he can well afford never to do a days' work, screw the publicity, because "Last Christmas" has a regular schedule to make him enough in airplay royalties to cover his expenses for the next year, in perpetuity.

He's certainly done a lot more things right in his life than wrong.

Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2013, 08:58 AM

You're likely right with George Michael. We don't get much exposure to him on this side of the pond, other than some random headlines - he just has the "image" of hitting it massively huge and then flaming out with drugs and public toilet arrests since the 90s. A quick Wiki search tells me he's not as Lohan-ish as I'd thought.

Anyway, to be honest....Miley impresses me. The reactionary hate over the last couple months or so seems completely internet troll-ish to me. She is insanely well-spoken in any interview I've accidentally stumbled upon (if off-puttingly confident that everyone else is hanging on what she has to say, which, well, she's Miley Cyrus and 21) and she's clearly got a pretty insane talent level (hosting SNL might be one of the most underrated-hard things to do in television, and she does great live renditions that are, y'know, actually live). Basically, she comes across as the prototypical high-strung, hardest-working perfectionist in show business who might eventually have a breakdown from working herself to exhaustion - which almost every successful person I know has done.

For her age, she seems intimidatingly confident about where she is in her career and how to drive it.

Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 12, 2013, 10:05 PM

Talented singer, but needs to learn to be able to tell the difference between sexy and trashy. She comes across as trashy in her latest escapades.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2013, 03:55 AM

I am 100% positive she knows the difference, and is intentionally picking trashy.

Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2013, 03:43 PM

Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2013, 04:32 PM

Thank you so very, very much. I sent that to my Mrs and tea shot out of her nose.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules