Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > RIP, Professor

RIP, Professor
Jan 16, 2014, 07:44 PM

Russell Johnson has passed away.
Bet you didn't know he was a bombardier.

For the record, the only ones left on the island now are Mary Ann and Ginger.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2014, 09:35 PM

Saw this earlier. Sad news indeed.

Ginger and Mary Ann are the only ones left huh? Now that I think about it all the others did pass away years ago.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Jan 24, 2014 at 04:17 PM. )

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2014, 11:59 AM

A belated RIP to Russell Johnson.

I loved Gilligan's island - goofy humor and all. I particularly enjoyed Mary Anne and Ginger

The Professor was a great character - always coming up with a solution or another for a problem, usually involving coconuts and palm leaves. Makes you feel old when you reflect back like this..

Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2014, 12:13 PM

If I remember, those idiot trolls were introduced about that time Gilligans Island previewed. You know, the little dolls with all the blue or yellow hair. Didn't it come on before Hogans Heros?

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2014, 12:34 PM

I can't recall the the trolls… but I sure as hell remember Hogan's Heroes, don't remember the schedule line up though.

Until I had a color TV, I thought Hogan was in black & white, but discovered the first season of Gilligan was b&w.

Administrator
Jan 24, 2014, 08:17 AM

Russel Johnson was one of the scientists in This Island Earth, a prime example of wonderfully enjoyable schlock 50s Sci Fi. He was also the only one of the male Castaways who looked even remotely like he could survive on fish and coconuts. I always liked his take on the others on the island.

Troll dolls wound up in the States in the very early 1960s and stayed around until about '68. They came back briefly in the '70s and again in the '90s. I've often wondered why online trolls didn't wind up with this sort of image:

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules