This is an open call to anyone here who has to administer Mac based servers and Macintosh Manager.
This is my first experience with it, and I'm seeing some great and some not so great things about it.
1) Simplicity - it is simple to setup and administer. Your changes are reflected almost immediately on the workstations.
2) Allows me to apply policies to groups of users and control their access so much better than AppleShare IP and At Ease (for those of you who remember At Ease)
Not so great:
1) I can't change the names of certain items that MM places on the users desktop
2) Not as much customization as Windows 2000 Server/Active Directory
3) Doesn't seem to support login scripts like Kix32 in Win2000
These are my observations so far. I would love to hear other comments from you all. Don't be alarmed. I'm not trying to flame. I've been a Mac user since 1990, I'm just dual platform right now as a IT director. But all in all I'm very pleased with the Xserve that I ordered and setup.
Anyone know how to hack MM to change the names of items that are mounted on the desktop?