Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac OS X > changing iTunes CD burner??

changing iTunes CD burner??
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 03:52 PM

My iTunes is somehow set to use my external FW CD/DVD burner and I can't find any way to change it. I probably had this burner turned on at install time and maybe it just picked one? I don't often leave this burner on (fan noise), so I want to make the internal CD drive the burner, but I can't find any way to set this or change it or make it rescan.

Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2003, 05:24 PM

Have you tried disconnecting the external burner before launching iTunes? That might "force" it to select the internal burner.
Don't have an external burner, so I can't try this out myself.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2003, 05:40 PM

Try iTunes Preferences under burning. Mine doesn't offer a selection of drives because I only have one drive. But you might be able to choose there.

If not, I agree that disconnecting the external burner should work.

Chris

Zoom  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 11:32 AM

No dice. My burner is already off, but it's still listed as the burner in iTunes. There is no option for the other burner, which is on by default since it's in the main case.

Any other ideas?

Zoom  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by Zoom:
No dice. My burner is already off, but it's still listed as the burner in iTunes. There is no option for the other burner, which is on by default since it's in the main case.

As far as I can tell, you can't alter the selection in the iTunes preferences. That's my basic problem: how do you change it?

Any other ideas?

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 1, 2004, 12:08 PM

I think I had two burners hooked up once, and the iTunes preference had a popup menu to select the one I wanted.

Perhaps you could delete your iTunes preferences and see what happens?

Chris

-Q-
Jan 1, 2004, 01:47 PM

I'd also recommend deleting your prefs file - I have an external FW burner and the internal superdrive in my G5 and under the burning preference in iTunes, I have a pop-up menu to choose between the two.

Admin Emeritus
Jan 1, 2004, 06:34 PM

Wrong forum.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules