Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac OS X > Apple Discussions

Apple Discussions
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2007, 07:41 PM

Hope this is the correct forum to post this enquiry. I have found recently that accessing, logging on and posting to the Apple Discussions forums is painfully slow. So slow, in fact, that my browser often times out before I can connect. I don't think it's me - my internet connection otherwise is quite fast normally - but this situation is very frustrating. Of course, I should report this to Apple, I suppose, but I can't log on today at all.
Wonder if other Mac users are experiencing the same problem.

Senior User
Aug 24, 2007, 08:42 PM

I believe the problem is that the official Apple forums just have so many users that its servers can't handle the load. There is also not that many (good) Apple forums IMO out there so many users are forced to go only to a few forums.

You are not the only one experiencing the slow loading times from Apple's forum. That's why I like coming to this forum more often. The only times I post on the Apple forums is when I think there is an issue Apple needs to fix but I don't know if Apple actually reads any of their forums anyway.

Administrator
Aug 24, 2007, 08:47 PM

Someone at Apple (or Apple Legal) certainly reads their discussion forums. We regularly hear complaints that critical posts get deleted over there.

Oh, and I'd have put this thread in the Lounge. It's Apple-specific rather than MacOS-specific.

Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2007, 11:08 PM

I'm on that forum quite a bit and at times it is very slow. They also have outages much more frequent then this site and
reader50 is correct, the mods/admins are very active in deleting posts. Not to sound like a fanboy but apple supports the forum so they have every right to restrict what can and cannot be said. Even so they do seem a tad overly zealous.

All in all its not a bad forum, there's a handful of folks that post a lot of info, very help people. Most people tend to comport themselves over there better then your typical forum, that is less flaming.

Forum Links
Forum Rules