Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac OS X > Leopard eject media

Leopard eject media
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2007, 03:33 PM

Just had to seatch through a bunch of DVD's and noticed this bug, which became quite aqnnoying.

With a finder window open the DVD shows up in the side bar. After checking the contents, pressing the eject icon ejects the media AND closes the finder window, which means I need to open a new one each time.

WRONG!!

Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2007, 03:36 PM

Doesn't sound like a bug to me. You removed the disc so there's nothing to display. Kind of makes sense to me.

zro
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2007, 03:40 PM

Was the window one that opened by you double clicking the disk? If so, open a Finder window first, then select the disk from the sidebar.

If the window was already open, then yes, I'd consider that a bug. Or perhaps it's another new insanely great "feature."

Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2007, 03:43 PM

I'd buy it as proper behaviour if I had opened the window by clicking on the disc icon on the desktop, but this is an already open finder window. I want to look at other stuff after ejecting the disk, not have to open another finder window. Tiger didn't behave like this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules