Spotlight and Finder are unable to find some of my jpeg pictures unless I include System Files in the Finder search.
Any idea why this is or how to fix it?
- Only auto-rotate tagged pictures exported from iPhoto as originals are problematic (based on a couple of dozen or so tests).
- Exif etc. data or settings shown by Finder don´t show any significant differences between problematic and non-problematic files.
- - However, only the problematic files have the combination of auto-rotate tag + color profile changed automatically by iPhoto, but this doesn´t seem like a logical reason for the problem.
- Re-naming or moving to different folders doesn´t help. Neither does re-indexing the spotlight, restarting the computer or repairing permissions in Disk Utility.
- I am running Lion 10.7.3.
Thank you in advance!