From some older thread…
How you make a bootable DVD Lion install disk.
- First purchase and download it. When it's finished downloading the installer will be in your applications folder. Right click on the Lion installer and select show package contents.
- Next go into "Contents" then go inside "Shared Support" then inside find "InstallESD.dmg"
- Copy this file "InstallESD.dmg to your desktop. (there is no need to copy it but it is easier)
- Next go to Disk Utility in Application Folder, Utilities.
- Click on the Burn button then go to your desktop and select InstallESD.dmg
- Put a blank DVD in your drive, a 4.7GB disk is fine and burn it.
You now have a 10.7 Lion Install DVD
Just make sure to copy BEFORE you install since it (the installer) gets deleted. You can zip it just to have a backup.