Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac OS X > Pre intel question

Pre intel question
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2013, 09:03 PM

Bought a used copy of Quicken 2007, and it will not install on my 27" imac, even when booted into Snow.
I guess I have to then find a pre-intel Mac to see if this install will work?

(need to do data transfer my 2003 database to 2007 and then bring that into a Mountain version of Quicken. thanks.
OS 10.6.8
imac-2 core 27"/2009
4GB Ram

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2013, 03:32 AM

Rosetta, which gives you the ability to run PowerPC based apps, is not installed by default in Snow Leopard. Fret not, Rosetta is a couple of mouse clicks away.

When you try to run a PowerPC application under Snow Leopard a dialog box should appear giving you the option to download and install Rosetta.

If the dialog doesn't show up for you:
Insert your Snow Leopard disc, open the Optional Installs folder, double-click the Optional Installs.mpkg package. The Installer will open and you will be prompted to click Continue a couple of times, then choose a destination for the installation. Choose your startup volume and click Continue yet again.

In the Custom Install that appears, enable the Rosetta option and click Continue. In the next window click Install to do just that.

Ω
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2013, 03:32 AM

Does this really need another thread? I still use PPC but do not have Quicken (I use Quickbooks) if you want me to upgrade the file.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2013, 12:47 PM

Angel, Rosetta is on Snow. that's the point. But who knows why it's not installing, the guy sold me the cd says maybe becuase Lion inhibits it, I have no idea. Think I need now to find a pre intel machine. Anyone out there able to help? thanks.

Ok,..., don't know how to say your symbol. I'm PM you or PM me. thanks.
OS 10.6.8
imac-2 core 27"/2009
4GB Ram

Clinically Insane
Jan 17, 2013, 01:36 PM

"Omega"

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2013, 05:37 PM

thanks S.
OS 10.6.8
imac-2 core 27"/2009