Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac OS X > I tried theming my Dock and it didn't work and now my indicator lights are wrong

I tried theming my Dock and it didn't work and now my indicator lights are wrong
Mac Elite
Location: Excellent, the sports issue is within arm's reach, I'll be here all day.
Feb 9, 2013, 07:51 AM

I was trying to see how I could theme 10.8 last night and came about this thread:

Custom Mountain Lion Dock appearance - MacRumors Forums

Well needless to say it didn't work; no matter what I tried, all I got was the same gray background and no color themes... but now my indicator lights are these wimpy little dots, instead of the glowing horizontal bars that used to be there. I tried clicking all the defaults and it still doesn't work.

Help! How do I get my old Dock back?

(Due to the options in creating my thread, I do not see the option to add attachments, so I cannot show you what my Dock looks like.)
This one time, at Boot Camp, I stuck a flute up my PC.

cgc
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2013, 09:30 AM

To add an image you click the add image button then put it somewhere you can link to (I use a folder on my web site):
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

And.reg  (op)
Mac Elite
Location: Excellent, the sports issue is within arm's reach, I'll be here all day.
Feb 9, 2013, 09:52 AM

Maybe tinypic will work...

How do I get the normal bars back?

cgc
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2013, 05:01 PM

I am running Lion but looking at the screenshots in your first post there's two reset to default buttons (one for the 3d setting and another for the running app indicator). Click them both. I used Lion Tweaks to make my dock 2D but prior to that I used Candybar.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2013, 05:56 PM

I'm pretty sure that the problem is that the "reset to default" function includes the graphics assets from 10.7 and hasn't been updated for the cleaner look from 10.8.

In that thread, there's a link on the second page that should give you back the proper resources if you failed to back them up.

Copy those back into the Dock.app, restart the Dock, and that *may* work.

And.reg  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2013, 06:21 PM

I downloaded "Mountain Lion.zip" and double-clicked on it to expand the package... but Archive Utility just sits there and doesn't ever actually unzip the package. I've been waiting 5 minutes and I can't even get past step 1. His advice doesn't work so now what's going on?

Same issue when I tried downloading "newfiles.zip"

Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2013, 06:50 PM

Archive Utility has some bizarre issues occasionally.

Download Unarchiver from the App Store (free) and open the .zip files using that instead. Good to have anyway.

And.reg  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2013, 06:57 PM

Getting closer...

but 10.8 came with brighter bluer indicator lights. Can someone with 10.8 just send me those files?

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Andrej View Post
Getting closer...

but 10.8 came with brighter bluer indicator [URL=http://www.niceledlights.com]led lighting[/URL]. Can someone with 10.8 just send me those files?
You need to search files in Google. You will get them easily
( Last edited by Honrothu; Feb 16, 2013 at 03:56 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules