Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac OS X > Restore Notes from deleted IMAP account?

Restore Notes from deleted IMAP account?
Mac Enthusiast
May 8, 2013, 07:31 PM

Recently my wife's email email password was hacked (from being too weak). I finally get the chance to say "see I told you!" as I have been on her to stop using the same weak password on all her online logins.

We use IMAP email from our own domain, and have our accounts set up in Mail as our email. Our host tech support suggested we delete her email account for at least 72 hours as a way to help combat the spoofing that was resulting from the hack. I backed up her inbox to our local machine (as a folder in Mail "on my mac").

Well, apparently the Notes are also stored in one's email account so those all got deleted as well. She has several Notes she needs badly.

So, can I somehow recover those Notes? Im at work and not able to try anything yet, but Im thinking this:

1. Time Machine - go back far enough to restore the notes
2. iPhone backups - Use iPhone Backup Extractor to extract the Notes from a older backup

Will those work?

Thanks

EnVoy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 9, 2013, 11:35 AM

Well if anyone is interested I was able to pull the Notes out of an old iPhone Backup file....

Forum Links
Forum Rules