Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Blacklisting All of Yahoo.

Blacklisting All of Yahoo.
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2013, 09:19 AM

I'm so sick of shit from Yahoo. It's bad enough that free email providers are spam-havens, but yahoo doesn't even ACCEPT spam/abuse reports any more. You can only report spam if you are a yahoo user and get spam to your account. If you're a regular old mail server admin, you just have to grin and bear it. Today was the finally straw. I got a notification that I was added to a yahoo group, followed by a slew of non-english crap emails from that group.

**** Yahoo.
So I'm going to blacklist the whole company. But how can I find out what IP ranges they use for their outgoing mail servers? I tried googling it but it's ungooglable because there are just too many people asking the opposite question, what to do when yahoo is blacklisting YOU. Answer: Thank the internet gods were blessed with that luck.

Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2013, 12:12 PM

You don't have to.

Postfix check_sender_access + regular expression matching on the hostname.

Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2013, 12:57 PM

Here's a list that's 2.5 years old, but the thread is active so I'd guess it's still up to date.

Clinically Insane
Mar 10, 2013, 01:24 PM

Blacklisting the world's biggest email provider is not a good idea anyway.

Clinically Insane
Mar 10, 2013, 03:59 PM

You should at least have the courtesy to auto-respond to any incoming Yahoo message with something like.

"Sorry, I don't want to read your shit. Rot in /dev/null." or something.

:-)

-t

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 14, 2013, 01:55 AM

Blacklisting the worlds biggest email provider that doesn't let you report spam from it's system, IS a good idea. In fact it's a great idea, and more mail server admins should do it. Realtime blacklists should add yahoo's servers to their lists. If you're not even going to try to stop spam, then I don't want you connecting to my server.

Forum Links
Forum Rules