Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread

The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread (Page 262)
Thread Tools
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jun 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 23, 2006, 06:24 AM
 


Theme: Cerebro by Stefanka
Wallpaper: "Untitled" by Me
Icons: Nod by Rimshot
( Last edited by Dru383; Aug 24, 2006 at 06:00 AM. )
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 23, 2006, 10:05 AM
 
Originally Posted by ricacu
i think u need a small dose of ... humor is it called? oh yes !

for example our friend here "siMac" enjoyed the post and i bet he's not the only one.
point taken. A slight case a overbombing. back to screenies.


Clean/Dirty

Wall: Expressionist City by l3davinci at DA (stretched horribly yet perhaps it works...)
Icons: THE exquisite Buuf set by Paul Davey aka Mattahan.
( Last edited by eyevaan; Aug 23, 2006 at 05:37 PM. )
     
air
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: new york city
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 23, 2006, 08:47 PM
 
eyevaan:

i just downloaded the .7z file from mattahan's deviant page, extracted it with untar, so what did you do with all the .pngs. untar also doesn't put them in their respective folders.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 23, 2006, 10:23 PM
 


Aqua Ultra by me....
Wall mod (NFR) - concept by Pridef
SnowE Icons by radE8...
Dashboard icon in the showcase from Pimpit.org

Enjoy!
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Mar 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2006, 07:21 AM
 



aQua se
....
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2006, 10:33 AM
 
Originally Posted by air
eyevaan:

i just downloaded the .7z file from mattahan's deviant page, extracted it with untar, so what did you do with all the .pngs. untar also doesn't put them in their respective folders.
I am probably missing the mark. I use EZ 7z so I don't know if UnTar is part of the problem but if it decompressed into a folder called Buuf (retail) with a recursive folder called "thepngs" everything is in there. Unfortunately, his implementation "CLICK HERE to Deploy.bat" can't help us get it going. We need to do it ourselves in CandyBar or ThemePark.

If you have the decompressed file, run Pic2Icon on the root folder Buuf and go to work.
     
air
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: new york city
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2006, 12:07 PM
 


dp: mattahan (dog)
icns: mattahan (buff)
fnt: handel got dig?
gui: carbonite
adium icon by me
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Paris, Bruxelles
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2006, 03:06 PM
 


Theme => Stomp by Susumu
icons => mix (nabaztag/adium by Ultra', unreleased)
wallpaper => toys addict by Ultra', available here
preview => FrenchSnapshot by Ultra', available here
Apps => Silk, Shapeshifter, Adium, Synergy, MenuCalendarClock, TransparentDock, Yahoo widgets, WindowShadeX.

PS : The wallpaper has been initially made for a tee-shirt/badge design (3 colors) but I choosed to make a wallpaper
     
air
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: new york city
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2006, 05:43 PM
 
what font are you using, ultraman?
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 25, 2006, 02:48 AM
 
mmmmmm carbonite... Can't wait for SSintel™(you saw it here first yo! wootWOOT *piece sign off chest*).

R

Originally Posted by air


dp: mattahan (dog)
icns: mattahan (buff)
fnt: handel got dig?
gui: carbonite
adium icon by me
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 25, 2006, 02:52 AM
 
Handle something or other... the one font that everyone else seems to like as the sys alternative

R

did I mention the even?


Originally Posted by air
what font are you using, ultraman?
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Paris, Bruxelles
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 25, 2006, 03:04 AM
 
Yes GoDucks, it's handelmod this time.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Home in front of my computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
 
Where does one get the Manhattan icons?
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 25, 2006, 03:36 PM
 
Mattahan
enjoy

- i
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Westerly, Rhode Island
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 26, 2006, 06:38 PM
 

Theme: TRUTH
Wall: By Me
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vanilla Sands
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 27, 2006, 04:13 PM
 
Originally Posted by ultraman


Theme => Stomp by Susumu
icons => mix (nabaztag/adium by Ultra', unreleased)
wallpaper => toys addict by Ultra', available here
preview => FrenchSnapshot by Ultra', available here
Apps => Silk, Shapeshifter, Adium, Synergy, MenuCalendarClock, TransparentDock, Yahoo widgets, WindowShadeX.

PS : The wallpaper has been initially made for a tee-shirt/badge design (3 colors) but I choosed to make a wallpaper
Very nice dt, ultraman. Clean, simple, elegant.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Home in front of my computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 27, 2006, 07:01 PM
 
Originally Posted by eyevaan
Mattahan
enjoy

- i
Thanks. Now what do you recommend to uncompress the files? I've tried Googling and found some useless utilities that don't work and a plethora of dead links. Once I can get the files out of the 7z file, I can assemble them myself.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 27, 2006, 07:08 PM
 
Originally Posted by Jasoco
Thanks. Now what do you recommend to uncompress the files? I've tried Googling and found some useless utilities that don't work and a plethora of dead links. Once I can get the files out of the 7z file, I can assemble them myself.

I used this...

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20526
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Home in front of my computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 27, 2006, 07:18 PM
 
For some reason I can only get that program to zip the files. Not unzip them! I ended up with an archive of the archive!
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 28, 2006, 12:46 AM
 
Originally Posted by Jasoco
For some reason I can only get that program to zip the files. Not unzip them! I ended up with an archive of the archive!
What exactly are you doing for this to happen? Here is how I did it.

After you install the 7zX app download the .7z file from devart and remove the .txt from the end and you should be left with a Buuf.7z with a an icon that looks like a .zip folder with the 7zX extension on it. Double click that and it should expand the folder onto your deskop.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Netherlands
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 28, 2006, 05:47 AM
 
Since there is no bister theme topic, I'll put it in here.

It refuses to install

"The mod at "Bister" cannot be used because the guiKit file is too new to read.

OSX 10.3.9 Shapeshifter 2.3.1
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 28, 2006, 08:57 AM
 
Download the latest beta of Shapeshifter from their weblog (v2.4b)
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 28, 2006, 10:07 AM
 
It's also likely that it's not Panther compatible either...
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Netherlands
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 12:29 AM
 
Originally Posted by digitaljames
It's also likely that it's not Panther compatible either...
I think you're right, updating didn't work
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 03:09 AM
 
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jun 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 06:53 AM
 


Theme: AquaSE by BR/Stefanka
Wallpaper: "Symphony" by Me
Icons: Nod by Rimshot
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 11:41 AM
 
What app(s) are you guys using to mod the GUI? I'm not searching through 262 pages to find out, when someone can quite simply tell me.

Thanks

Edit: spelling
     
air
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: new york city
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 12:23 PM
 
shapeshifter. use"search". it helps you...search.
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 12:45 PM
 
Erm yeah when i dont have a clue what apps your using then what am i supposed to search for?

A few of examples shall we:
"GUI modding Software" = Does not even list this thread in results
"GUI Mod" = No results
"Change Theme" = Ah yes we haev a winner but oh no lets discuss the implications of search.

Yes the last search parameters did find this thread except search matches Keywords and so i would still have to search through ALLLLL the pages. Hmm advanced search what does that do.....yeah too lazy to find out and much more effort then there is to just politely ask.

I hoped I would have received a simple answer and I did for which I am thankfull except it did not have to include the sacasism to belittle me.
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 01:00 PM
 
Themepark
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 03:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by ChrisDaMacMan
Erm yeah when i dont have a clue what apps your using then what am i supposed to search for?

A few of examples shall we:
"GUI modding Software" = Does not even list this thread in results
"GUI Mod" = No results
"Change Theme" = Ah yes we haev a winner but oh no lets discuss the implications of search.

Yes the last search parameters did find this thread except search matches Keywords and so i would still have to search through ALLLLL the pages. Hmm advanced search what does that do.....yeah too lazy to find out and much more effort then there is to just politely ask.

I hoped I would have received a simple answer and I did for which I am thankfull except it did not have to include the sacasism to belittle me.
Haha, don't you love it when people spend their time to tell you to use search when it would have been just as easy to tell you the answer .

As he said, shapeshifter from unsanity.org is what we use to apply most themes. If you want to actually make one or modify one then themepark is what you want. A few themes such as uno and tigger actually have an installer which will replace the system resources themselves.

(I'm still confused as to why this forum doesn't have a sticky explaining this information...)

Edit: Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think your question really belongs in this thread although it has been known to get quite off topic.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by sweetymac
Sorry to bring up an old post, but how does one turn off text anti-aliasing for all fonts? I didn't realize you could turn it off for anything above 12 point o.0 (and the menubar is 13 point)
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 06:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by Syzygy
Haha, don't you love it when people spend their time to tell you to use search when it would have been just as easy to tell you the answer .

As he said, shapeshifter from unsanity.org is what we use to apply most themes. If you want to actually make one or modify one then themepark is what you want. A few themes such as uno and tigger actually have an installer which will replace the system resources themselves.

(I'm still confused as to why this forum doesn't have a sticky explaining this information...)

Edit: Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think your question really belongs in this thread although it has been known to get quite off topic.
Thanks for the extra info!!!
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 29, 2006, 07:44 PM
 
Originally Posted by Syzygy
Haha, don't you love it when people spend their time to tell you to use search when it would have been just as easy to tell you the answer .
The issue is not time but self sufficiency. Give someone the quick answer and he'll eat for a day. Teach someone to fish and they'll eat forever.....
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 30, 2006, 07:56 PM
 
WTF that is not the issue here, its more he can fish but has to go far out to sea to fish but would die before actually got any food. And so what does the bible teach...to help others. So you give the fisher man some food for the day, enough for him to go out and fish his own.

     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 30, 2006, 10:42 PM
 
Buuf + Mini Creme

     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: At Home
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 30, 2006, 10:47 PM
 


Pez Theme Enhanced NFR
Castle in the clouds dp
Milkanodised + misc icons
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Film playing in iTunes
Tetsu as special guest
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 30, 2006, 11:25 PM
 
Bloody hell MAKKISAN ! that looks like one hell of a bad diahrrea-sushi night ... I would give anything to watch Oprah stripping and covering herself in oil before watching one of your desktops again. Terrorism, hunger, and your desktops are bringing the world to a very catastrophic end...
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Home in front of my computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 30, 2006, 11:41 PM
 
Could someone ban this troll already?
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 31, 2006, 12:31 AM
 
Here is mine currently...



Theme: UNO 1.3
Wallpaper: sgwall
Icons: Agua
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Home in front of my computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 31, 2006, 12:36 AM
 
The link on that first link doesn't work. (The link to the zip with all the Desktop Pictures.)
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 31, 2006, 12:42 AM
 
Originally Posted by Jasoco
The link on that first link doesn't work. (The link to the zip with all the Desktop Pictures.)
Hmmm, I'm not sure whats going on there. It was working yesterday when I downloaded them. Sorry bout that
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 31, 2006, 05:33 AM
 
Originally Posted by digitaljames
The issue is not time but self sufficiency. Give someone the quick answer and he'll eat for a day. Teach someone to fish and they'll eat forever.....
The issue I'm concerned with is that everyone just assumes that just because the answer is easy for them to find then it should be for everyone else. And they also seem to assume that the person hasn't already tried any searching at all. I guess it's a good habit to get into to say that you have tried to search with your question...

But still, what's the use in being mean to someone when you could just say nothing at all. If they really don't know search exists (which would be surprising), then a snotty suggestion of it still isn't going to help either person's mood.

My problem is that I have seen people suggest searching so many times, and every single time the reply is "Yeah, I tried that and I've had no luck. Now can you help me?" when help could have just been given in the first place.

And now I'm getting annoyed at myself for probably taking this too far as I've typed this out way too many times before

Oh, and to your fish analogy: saying "use search" is the same as saying "find a fishing poll" which is hardly teaching someone.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 31, 2006, 10:30 PM
 


In honor of Ernesto, currently kicking my ass.....
Ultra Aqua by moi....
Aqua Flow by Spacegoose...
Icons by Lou, Sascha, Susumu, Jonas, Mr. Lanham and assorted pro devs....
     
voo
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Way up there!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 1, 2006, 03:40 PM
 
ohh
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pretentiously Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
 
looks like almost everyone is running that custom font
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rennes, France
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 2, 2006, 07:20 PM
 


Wallpaper: New shelby GT
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 2, 2006, 10:15 PM
 
New desktop:

So here I am... ...eating off of a clean floor...

and ...eating off of a dirty floor.

Theme: Osih by Hirogen
Icons: Reflections by Styrizo
Wall: Usih non embossed (one of the 6 variations...created by me)
This land is your land...SO GET CLEANIN'!!!
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jun 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 2, 2006, 11:35 PM
 
I know there's some controversy over that handelgot font, but could someone send it to me please?

I'd be much obliged.

my email is mozzep at gmail dot com.
     
air
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: new york city
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 2, 2006, 11:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by lesman
New desktop:

So here I am... ...eating off of a clean floor...

and ...eating off of a dirty floor.

Theme: Osih by Hirogen
Icons: Reflections by Styrizo
Wall: Usih non embossed (one of the 6 variations...created by me)
where did you get that theme from?
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2014 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2