Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread

The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread (Page 47)
Thread Tools
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 26, 2003, 06:34 PM
 
Originally posted by p.h..i...l....:
Wow, cool stuff. Is this a new skin for VLC?
Just what comes with the current beta......
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 26, 2003, 07:28 PM
 


Click to make big
-----------

Wallpaper: ??? by Kagaya
Theme: Titanium7 by mrtew
Icons: Winter Wonderland by Gedeon Maheux
Konfabulator: The Weather
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New York City
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 26, 2003, 10:49 PM
 
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Far above Cayuga's waters.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 26, 2003, 11:10 PM
 
Originally posted by zachs:
nice! very snow.E
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: various
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2003, 06:34 AM
 
jawshoouh,
from your earlier pic with the girl w/ green eyes, what icon set (a lot of the system icons look like they're from a set) are you using and where can i find it?

thanks.

poocat.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Job
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2003, 09:08 AM
 
They are called Gant. Get em at Resexcellence

Originally posted by poocat:
jawshoouh,
from your earlier pic with the girl w/ green eyes, what icon set (a lot of the system icons look like they're from a set) are you using and where can i find it?

thanks.

poocat.
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2003, 11:28 AM
 
Originally posted by kovacs:


Bigger size ( 1440X900 )

Theme : SmoothStripes
Icons: Snow by Rad.E8

Desktop by me

Running menu bar apps from left to right:

shadowGoogle ( normally I hide it's icon in the dock but I wanted to show of the new icon I designed for it )

Synergy

ShadowClipboard <--- great app

MenuMeters
Like that desktop kovacs
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Off the Tobakoff
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2003, 12:52 PM
 
Originally posted by Fonzie:


Click to make big
-----------

Wallpaper: ??? by Kagaya
Theme: Titanium7 by mrtew
Icons: Winter Wonderland by Gedeon Maheux
Konfabulator: The Weather
Nice-looking wallpaper.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2003, 02:45 PM
 
Originally posted by kovacs:


Bigger size ( 1440X900 )

Theme : SmoothStripes
Icons: Snow by Rad.E8

Desktop by me

Running menu bar apps from left to right:

shadowGoogle ( normally I hide it's icon in the dock but I wanted to show of the new icon I designed for it )

Synergy

ShadowClipboard <--- great app

MenuMeters
What's that icon in your dock that says 'CSS'? I'm trying out different editors to find one I like
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Belgium
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 27, 2003, 03:02 PM
 
Originally posted by Cerbero:
What's that icon in your dock that says 'CSS'? I'm trying out different editors to find one I like
It's CSSedit one of the best CSS editors available, I'm still playing with the demo but I'm going to buy it for sure after my exams are finished. It's a great app but the demo is a bit too restrictive .

Visit his website and give the app a try:
CSSedit
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: West Sussex England
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 28, 2003, 08:17 PM
 
visit here for a pic of my desktop: http://homepage.mac.com/philipclark1/PhotoAlbum4.html

Ive kept it very simple, not using any themes, but i do use clear dock, konfabulator and menu meters.
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Dec 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2003, 12:41 AM
 
here's my titanium 7 theme...tell me what you think

http://home.comcast.net/~ckoenigsfeld/screenshot.jpg
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Leafy Suburban London
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2003, 12:53 AM
 
Mmmmm..... Rachel Weisz.....

Your desktop does seem remarkably "stock" for a post on a GUI customistaion thread, though.

Sometimes people post snapshots on ResExcellence that are basically exactly how OS X is when first installed! Aqua Blue desktop pic and everything. Weird.

I do like the uncluttered look though.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Leafy Suburban London
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2003, 12:54 AM
 
I was referring to MacMcMacintosh's post, BTW.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2003, 07:49 AM
 
Originally posted by kovacs:
It's CSSedit one of the best CSS editors available, I'm still playing with the demo but I'm going to buy it for sure after my exams are finished. It's a great app but the demo is a bit too restrictive .

Visit his website and give the app a try:
CSSedit
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Herzliya
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2003, 10:02 AM
 
nm
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 29, 2003, 11:41 AM
 
Happy New Year!




Theme: SmoothStripes By Max Themes

Desktop: Ripples By Digital Blasphemy

Icons: Snow.E2 By RAD-E8 And G5 System By The Iconfactory
     
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2003, 02:01 AM
 
Bombia,

What is the application in the dock with the observatory icon? I assume its some sort of astronomy app, but which one?

G.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Dec 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2003, 03:09 AM
 
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2003, 05:12 AM
 
Originally posted by Gadifae:
Bombia,

What is the application in the dock with the observatory icon? I assume its some sort of astronomy app, but which one?

G.
The icon are from The Iconfactory, I use the icon for Bittorrent.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2003, 12:13 PM
 
last one for this year
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2003, 01:13 PM
 
Originally posted by Gadifae:
Bombia,

What is the application in the dock with the observatory icon? I assume its some sort of astronomy app, but which one?

G.
I know i'm not Bombia, but the icon is from World Of Aqua 2.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2003, 08:11 PM
 
Last one of the year for me.....


Milk 2.0 by Max
Wall by me...(not for release)
Snow E Icons



North Shore Size
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2003, 08:38 PM
 
Originally posted by Bombia:
The icon are from The Iconfactory, I use the icon for Bittorrent.
hey Bombia
i found this picture on spymac
http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showph...t=1&thecat=500
and where can i find this wallpaper ? with the flower ...
thanks in advance
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2003, 04:39 PM
 
Originally posted by digitaljames:
Last one of the year for me.....


Milk 2.0 by Max
Wall by me...(not for release)
Snow E Icons



North Shore Size
Jack Kirby was/is my favorite. It amazes me at how few people have even heard of the Silver Surfer.

Nice Wall.

     
Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2003, 09:26 PM
 
Anybody know of a theme changing utility for OS X that is free and works well with Panther?

$20 for ShapeShifter is riddiculous, and even if they lowered the price to $5 tomorrow I doubt I would buy it... Out of spite.

Thanks peoples.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vermont
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2003, 10:08 PM
 
Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
Anybody know of a theme changing utility for OS X that is free and works well with Panther?

$20 for ShapeShifter is riddiculous, and even if they lowered the price to $5 tomorrow I doubt I would buy it... Out of spite.

Thanks peoples.
Works WELL with panther? None exist. guiKit isn't an open technology, either, so you shouldn't expect any other theme changers that will be supported, unless there is some great new breakthrough invented by someone else. I can assure you, though, the $20 is worth it. I am notorious for NEVER buying software; I can't even think of another piece of software I've bought other than SS, and I'm not regretting spending at all. So, if you want to stay stuck in the DLTA dark age, go ahead, no one is stopping you. Here is Themechanger, but I hope you take what I said to mind.
     
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2004, 07:32 AM
 
     
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: GMT -5
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2004, 07:58 PM
 
434K.1440x900.joy-wallpaper.GANT-and-Umicons_icons.ShapeShifter-GUiPod

www.hellacio.us
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2004, 11:07 PM
 
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Mar 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 3, 2004, 10:34 PM
 

click on the pic for big size.

Wallpaper by myself icons from xicons.com (I think)
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 4, 2004, 08:41 PM
 


Just bought me some new icons.

Theme: Shinobi by Izawa
Wallpaper: Omega teaser by DigitalJames
Apps shown: Pixadex, Konfabulator
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 5, 2004, 10:25 PM
 
Icons: Orbital, Hein Mevissen, Snow_E and True Soft.

WallPaper: (??)

A theme combining/modifying elements from "SS Power Metal" by SwizCore Studio, "Milk" by Max Rudberg and "Titanium 7" by John Tewksbury.

(The little white triangles bookending the Root menu caps IS supposed to be there, ala "DXB" style.)


http://www.macsnaps.com/snaps/screengrab/1073355484.jpg

     
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 12:27 AM
 
Hey Lord Sith what app that is in your screenshot the its a black bar and displays the itunes song and play and pause etc...at the bottom?

Could you hook me up with a linkage?
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Trapped in the depths of my mind
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 01:15 AM
 
Mac_Guy15: It's a Konfabulator widget for iTunes. Get it HERE. Konfabulator costs $25.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A couple of stones from the sun.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 07:27 AM
 
Originally posted by Fonzie:


Just bought me some new icons.

Pay for icons ?

Some guys saw you coming
from about a mile away...


Simple Empire...
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A couple of stones from the sun.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 07:31 AM
 
Originally posted by Ozzpot:
Mmmmm..... Rachel Weisz.....

Your desktop does seem remarkably "stock" for a post on a GUI customistaion thread, though.

Sometimes people post snapshots on ResExcellence that are basically exactly how OS X is when first installed! Aqua Blue desktop pic and everything. Weird.

I do like the uncluttered look though.
Heh...

The uncluttered look -
officially called a 'cmove' now.


Simple Empire...
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 07:59 AM
 
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 08:21 AM
 
Originally posted by benign:
Pay for icons ?

Some guys saw you coming
from about a mile away...
Huh? Where did you just come from ?? Nowhere! That's where.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A couple of stones from the sun.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 08:59 AM
 
Originally posted by Fonzie:
Huh? Where did you just come from ?? Nowhere! That's where.
That's just a dandy remark from
someone living in Denmark...


Simple Empire...
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2004, 12:00 PM
 
Originally posted by benign:
That's just a dandy remark from
someone living in Denmark...
What!?
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 7, 2004, 12:25 AM
 
My *Benign* Desktop

Wall by me....
Milk + SS + GUiPod
Silencio Icons by Chilly





Malignant Size
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 7, 2004, 09:06 PM
 
Lord Sith,

can you post that theme....i love it.
desk top too.


Originally posted by Lord Sith:
Icons: Orbital, Hein Mevissen, Snow_E and True Soft.

WallPaper: (??)

A theme combining/modifying elements from "SS Power Metal" by SwizCore Studio, "Milk" by Max Rudberg and "Titanium 7" by John Tewksbury.

(The little white triangles bookending the Root menu caps IS supposed to be there, ala "DXB" style.)


http://www.macsnaps.com/snaps/screengrab/1073355484.jpg

     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 7, 2004, 09:25 PM
 
I'm sorry ekohn00, but it's not my original work:

A theme combining/modifying elements from "SS Power Metal" by SwizCore Studio, "Milk" by Max Rudberg and "Titanium 7" by John Tewksbury.


The DP came from Deviant Art which I just tried to search using the DP name (Mercury) but apparantly searching is being limited to subscribers only for the time being.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: various
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 7, 2004, 10:56 PM
 
ah dj, that's gorgeous.
so clear.
i'd forgotten those icons.
a shame. excellent work.

only os9 though. hmmm.

deft.
poocat.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Louisiana, US
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 7, 2004, 11:50 PM
 
lord sith, how did you get the menu items to drop down the way they do? that looks incredidbly slick. best screenshot yet IMO.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 10, 2004, 02:05 AM
 
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 10, 2004, 07:46 PM
 
User Modded GUiKit (bbx+milk+guipod+simpleX+custom)
Silencio Icons
iPhoto 4
iCal
Finder
Modded wallpaper from unknown location - not for release




Central Park Size
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 10, 2004, 10:14 PM
 
Originally posted by digitaljames:
[B]User Modded GUiKit (bbx+milk+guipod+simpleX+custom)
Silencio Icons
iPhoto 4
iCal
Finder
Modded wallpaper from unknown location - not for release

Finder toolbar buttons look much better with the orange removed.

     
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Belgium
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 11, 2004, 04:28 AM
 
Lord sith I think the URL you are trying to link to is wrong it should be http://homepage.mac.com/sithhtis/.Pu...ots/010903.jpg

With a dot before the word Public....
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2014 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2