Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread

The Offical OS X Customizations Screenshot Thread (Page 75)
Thread Tools
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 12:11 AM
 

Latest beta of Paper & Plastic
-Mike Matas
-Patcarla
-Harlan Lewis
Dave Brasgalla in the Finder
Glo'sBox on the desktop
Modified pattern wall by Adam Betts
Moderna Konfab Calendar (Chicago Font)


     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 12:59 AM
 
Originally posted by digitaljames:

Latest beta of Paper & Plastic
-Mike Matas
-Patcarla
-Harlan Lewis
Dave Brasgalla in the Finder
Glo'sBox on the desktop
Modified pattern wall by Adam Betts
Moderna Konfab Calendar (Chicago Font)


I must say, it's looking nice. I wasn't a big fan of the mockup, but it's really nice.
click one
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: May 2002
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 01:15 AM
 


SIRO
PixelGirl Plucked Desktop
Adium Edit
Icons A'plenty
Two Konfab Wiggies

     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 02:28 AM
 
Icons: Modded Antarctica drive and folder
Theme: MilkyGloss by me
Wallpaper: Feathers
( Last edited by Jaos; May 14, 2004 at 02:41 AM. )
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Mar 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 05:01 AM
 
Originally posted by digitaljames:

Latest beta of Paper & Plastic
-Mike Matas
-Patcarla
-Harlan Lewis
Dave Brasgalla in the Finder
Glo'sBox on the desktop
Modified pattern wall by Adam Betts
Moderna Konfab Calendar (Chicago Font)



Can't find that widget in the konfabulator gallery, is it yours? If so could you post it please, looks great.
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: May 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 05:15 AM
 
Originally posted by digitaljames:

Latest beta of Paper & Plastic
-Mike Matas
-Patcarla
-Harlan Lewis
Dave Brasgalla in the Finder
Glo'sBox on the desktop
Modified pattern wall by Adam Betts
Moderna Konfab Calendar (Chicago Font)


this is not fair. why does digitaljames always gets to test betas and we lesser folks don't?
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 06:13 AM
 
Originally posted by tipp-ex:
Can't find that widget in the konfabulator gallery, is it yours? If so could you post it please, looks great.
It was posted in the konfab forums......not the main gallery.

http://www.pixoria.com/Quick_Calendar.widget
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 06:14 AM
 
Originally posted by underwood:
this is not fair. why does digitaljames always gets to test betas and we lesser folks don't?
I'm part of the underground conspiracy....

p.s. How old are you?
( Last edited by digitaljames; May 14, 2004 at 06:25 AM. )
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 06:18 AM
 
Originally posted by underwood:
this is not fair. why does digitaljames always gets to test betas and we lesser folks don't?
Beats me This guy has connections! I guess he knows Harlan. He did make desktops for ProLCD though. Anyway, you guys don't have much to wait, so sit tight for another what, two and a half days?

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: May 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 06:34 AM
 
Originally posted by digitaljames:
I'm part of the underground conspiracy....

p.s. How old are you?
20. why

phill, don't you have those old minium icons lying somewhere in your HD? i don't think you can complain
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 06:35 AM
 
Originally posted by underwood:
20. why

phill, don't you have those old minium icons lying somewhere in your HD? i don't think you can complain
Jesus, I've incurred a lot of wrath for those

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Missing, presumed fed.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 09:09 AM
 
James, how did you mod out the vertical line on the left side of the calendar widget? I can't seem to figure it out (my coding interpretation and simple coding in general sucks.)
Thanks.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
     
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MIA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 09:28 AM
 
Originally posted by phillryu:
It's part of the desktop collection that will be included with the theme on release.

Cheers bigears ;)
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 10:04 AM
 

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 12:05 PM
 
Originally posted by phillryu:
Jesus, I've incurred a lot of wrath for those

Yeah, I made my own old style minimum icons too. I just didn't show anyone. I really don't like the new version. The old version seems a bit more conservative and tighter in design.

Anyway.

R
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 12:43 PM
 
Originally posted by Stuphalina:
James, how did you mod out the vertical line on the left side of the calendar widget? I can't seem to figure it out (my coding interpretation and simple coding in general sucks.)
Thanks.
The vertical line is part of the calendar graphic not a coding thing. Edit the .png in photoshop.
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Missing, presumed fed.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 03:57 PM
 
Thanks, will do!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 05:49 PM
 
Originally posted by Jaos:
Icons: Modded Antarctica drive and folder
Theme: MilkyGloss by me
Wallpaper: Feathers
hey is that a modded milk theme? do you think you could send a copy?

thanks.

derek
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Floreeda
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 07:35 PM
 
Originally posted by digitaljames:
The vertical line is part of the calendar graphic not a coding thing. Edit the .png in photoshop.
is there someway to open up the .widget file i don't know about? "Show Package Contents" doesn't show up for me and when i delete the extension i don't get a folder.
     
div
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 08:02 PM
 
Originally posted by fireside:
is there someway to open up the .widget file i don't know about? "Show Package Contents" doesn't show up for me and when i delete the extension i don't get a folder.
Yeah, that one took me awhile to figure out. I eventually found the answer buried in a Konfabulator forum somewhere. From what I can recall, the ".widget" extension is some cross-platform way of packaging a Konfabulator widget. To get access to the package contents, change the .widget extension to .zip and unzip it. Control+click the extracted Quick Calendar.widget, and choose "Show Package Contents". Voila!
:)
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cupertino
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 09:04 PM
 
Originally posted by div:
Yeah, that one took me awhile to figure out. I eventually found the answer buried in a Konfabulator forum somewhere. From what I can recall, the ".widget" extension is some cross-platform way of packaging a Konfabulator widget. To get access to the package contents, change the .widget extension to .zip and unzip it. Control+click the extracted Quick Calendar.widget, and choose "Show Package Contents". Voila!
I had to do that on this widget as well. Once I edited it, I renamed it "Moderna" and all was good.
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 10:04 PM
 
Originally posted by eatinwokout:
hey is that a modded milk theme? do you think you could send a copy?

thanks.

derek
http://shark.spymac.net/themes.html
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 10:08 PM
 
Originally posted by k.mo:
http://shark.spymac.net/themes.html
Nice.. thanks. Is that rapidweaver you're using for you site? have you figured out how to insert images. Or do you have to use another web app?
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Floreeda
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 10:42 PM
 
Originally posted by div:
Yeah, that one took me awhile to figure out. I eventually found the answer buried in a Konfabulator forum somewhere. From what I can recall, the ".widget" extension is some cross-platform way of packaging a Konfabulator widget. To get access to the package contents, change the .widget extension to .zip and unzip it. Control+click the extracted Quick Calendar.widget, and choose "Show Package Contents". Voila!
ah, thanks.
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 10:56 PM
 
Originally posted by eatinwokout:
Nice.. thanks. Is that rapidweaver you're using for you site? have you figured out how to insert images. Or do you have to use another web app?
Yes it is rapidweaver I just added some of my own graphics. I can do graphics but not make websites
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 11:17 PM
 
Originally posted by Jaos:
Yes it is rapidweaver I just added some of my own graphics. I can do graphics but not make websites
How did you add graphics into rapidweaver... i only know how to add the text.
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 14, 2004, 11:47 PM
 
Originally posted by eatinwokout:
How did you add graphics into rapidweaver... i only know how to add the text.
I edited the images it exports for the websites
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 01:18 AM
 


Work in progress wallpaper/widget, Metroid Prime X-Ray Visor (the reticule spins as it does in the game, unfortunately it's rather CPU intensive).

     
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 05:04 AM
 
thats so rad, you'd need a G5 for it to run nicely. good to see a classix10k fan too
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 06:55 AM
 


Tiger - The next major release of Mac OS X
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cybertron
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 07:45 AM
 
Dave Lister
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 07:59 AM
 
Originally posted by mrfrost:
Dave Lister
Haha... really? I actually dont know why he is on my list. Is he well known?


Tiger - The next major release of Mac OS X
     
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Leafy Suburban London
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 08:34 AM
 
Originally posted by Tiger Of Sweden:
Haha... really? I actually dont know why he is on my list. Is he well known?
He is a character from the British Sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf. You've almost got "Rimmer" there, too!
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 09:05 AM
 
Originally posted by Ozzpot:
He is a character from the British Sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf. You've almost got "Rimmer" there, too!
I should have known. My girlfriend have Red Dwarf as one of her favourite series.


Tiger - The next major release of Mac OS X
     
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Missing, presumed fed.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 12:27 PM
 
Smeeee. Smeee heeead.

If you know the show, you will know that. I just got the 3rd and 4th series on dvd!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
     
as2
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Northants, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 01:08 PM
 
Originally posted by Stuphalina:
Smeeee. Smeee heeead.

If you know the show, you will know that. I just got the 3rd and 4th series on dvd!
The correct phrase should be Smeg Head.... only Kryton can't insult people so says Smeeeg Heeeead when trying to say it.

Was one of the best UK tv shows ever though... Chris Barrie aka Rimmer is my personal fave.

Anyway, here's my desktop at the moment...


click to view large image
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Semi-Posting Retirement
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 01:28 PM
 
Nice desktop... the mac snapshots thread livevs once more!
     
as2
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Northants, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 01:55 PM
 
Originally posted by Komisar:
Nice desktop... the mac snapshots thread livevs once more!
Took the photo while on holiday skiing in Switzerland! Views were absolutely gorgeous!
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]
     
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MIA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 03:09 PM
 
Originally posted by as2:
Took the photo while on holiday skiing in Switzerland! Views were absolutely gorgeous!
Strange eerie quality to your pic - thought it was artwork at first glance.
very sexy.

Smeee heeead ;)

If only peeps knew what 'Smeg Head' meant...
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: May 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 03:25 PM
 
Originally posted by as2:
Anyway, here's my desktop at the moment...
Can you post this? or give us a URL?
     
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 04:18 PM
 


..thanks everybody linking to the used icons, desktops and themes.
( Last edited by Kate; May 15, 2004 at 04:24 PM. )
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: At Home
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 04:43 PM
 
Originally posted by Kate:


..thanks everybody linking to the used icons, desktops and themes.
Nice screenshot Kate looks really nice. The Icons are unique i like em.

Makki
     
CJM
Forum Regular
Join Date: Apr 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 05:17 PM
 


Click for 1920 x 1200

Neos 1.22 with modded text colors so the white is useable
     
as2
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Northants, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 05:28 PM
 
Originally posted by underwood:
Can you post this? or give us a URL?
I've put three images on my (extremely underused) blog if anybody wants to download them.

Admittedly the third one is the best.

Adam
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]
     
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MIA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 05:54 PM
 
Originally posted by as2:
I've put three images on my (extremely underused) blog if anybody wants to download them.

Admittedly the third one is the best.

Adam

Cheers Adam ;)
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 11:51 PM
 
Originally posted by Tiger Of Sweden:


enlarge
What icons are those?
     
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Metamora, OH
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2004, 11:59 PM
 
Originally posted by moofman:
What icons are those?
Looks to me like the drives are from SNOW.E 2, and the folders are from Matrix Rebooted.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 16, 2004, 03:14 AM
 
Theme: "TiSkin"
WallPaper: From DeviantArt (Modified With My Logo)




1280 X 1024
     
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 16, 2004, 10:28 AM
 
Usually, I dont like cars on my desktop, but this one is an Audi and its damn nice :-)


zoom

theme SIRO // icons snow e.2 graphite // desk A6 @ 36% grey
gadgets synergy, adium, quicksilver, windowshade, menumeters
     
eme
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gye, Ecuador (Home) | Mty, Mexico (Colllege)
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 16, 2004, 01:16 PM
 
Originally posted by Jaos:
Icons: Modded Antarctica drive and folder
Theme: MilkyGloss by me
Wallpaper: Feathers
where can i get that desktop???
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2014 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2