Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > FOX News attacks Disney for insufficient homophobia!

FOX News attacks Disney for insufficient homophobia! (Page 5)
Baninated
Aug 9, 2004, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by Mosheh:
BUT...I believe that the best response to your question is to remove demonhood as an administrator so anyone can express their opinion without fear of his heavy handed abuse of power.
Don't hold your breath.

Senior User
Aug 9, 2004, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by Mosheh:
Freedom of speech. If gays are so discriminated against...why would a gay guy discriminate against someone with opposing views?
Well, first, "Freedom of speech" does not give you the right to conduct your protest in someone's living room. The New York Times is not obligated to publish your editorial. Similarly, MacNN is a privately operated board, and they can do whatever they want on it.

To elaborate a little... I haven't seen evidence of discriminatory behavior on the part of the moderators, but even if there were, it certainly wouldn't be illegal. And, if you don't like what you think they're doing, you're free to leave. That's the beauty of freedom of speech.

Second, I don't follow your question. Perhaps you could rephrase.
( Last edited by strictlyplaid; Aug 9, 2004 at 12:20 AM. )

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 12:15 AM

Damn.

:breaths deep:

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 06:54 AM

MacNN homophobes:

link #1
link #2

Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2004, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by badidea:
MacNN homophobes:

link #1
link #2
Excuse me?

How am I homophobe again?
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by angaq0k:
Excuse me?

How am I homophobe again?
just look at the first three places if you want to feel better (but remember to stop posting too much in those threads or you might get close)!

Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2004, 10:27 AM

just look at the first three places if you want to feel better (but remember to stop posting too much in those threads or you might get close)!
I still don't get it. Maybe it is my poor understanding of English???
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 10:47 AM

I still don't get it. Maybe it is my poor understanding of English???
from Webster Dictionary:
Noun 1. homophobe - a person who hates or fears homosexual people

my post was meant to show those MacNNers who spend most of their time posting about homosexuals = homophobe (in a humorous way)

Get it now?
Didn't know that this was so difficult!

edit: typo
( Last edited by badidea; Aug 9, 2004 at 11:02 AM. )

Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2004, 10:59 AM

from Webster Dictionary:
Noun 1. homophobe - a person who hates or fears homosexual people

my post was meant to show those MacNNers who spend most of their time posting about homosexuals = homophobe (in a humerous way)

Get it now?
Didn't know that this was so difficult!
I just could not see the humour.

I guess that was badidea....

Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2004, 11:15 AM

Lighten up people! That is a command.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 12:09 PM

You're a moron. Read a thread before passing judgment, even if humorously.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2004, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by Stradlater:
Exactly. I don't get the humour either. You have me on your supposed homophobe list, and I have a lesbian daughter. Some of the people on your list are also gay. So what's the point?
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by Stradlater:
Well asswipe, if people would stop thinking of homosexuals as something special there wouldn't be any of those stupid threads here!

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
Exactly. I don't get the humour either. You have me on your supposed homophobe list, and I have a lesbian daughter. Some of the people on your list are also gay. So what's the point?
It's not MY list - it's the thread post count list! I know that not everybody is a real homophobe on this list - I am just sick of all this gay bashing that is going on here and those who post too much are homophobes in either way for me!

Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2004, 01:19 PM

It's not MY list - it's the thread post count list! I know that not everybody is a real homophobe on this list - I am just sick of all this gay bashing that is going on here and those who post too much are homophobes in either way for me!
My apologies; I misunderstood. Calling someone a homophobe, however, because they "post too much in either way" is not correct. A homophobe is one who has a fear of homosexuals; those who post from my point of view certainly are not homophobes. You can't change the meaning of the word just to suit yourself.

As to the constant gay bashing, you'll note that it is a relatively small, but vocal, few, who need to be vocal to counter and mask their hidden fears.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2004, 01:19 PM

Welcome to the list.

badidea syllogism:

if there are tomatoes in the basket
and if there are carrots in the baskets
therefore, tomatoes are carrots.

syllogism through Venn diagrams
( Last edited by angaq0k; Aug 9, 2004 at 01:40 PM. )

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 01:47 PM

Welcome to the list.

badidea syllogism:

if there are tomatoes in the basket
and if there are carrots in the baskets
therefore, tomatoes are carrots.
I know I am climbing the ladder (the list) pretty fast right now...

I just want to apologize to anybody who took this as a personal attack!

My intention was just to point out that discussing something completely normal in the war lounge is getting on my nerves!
Maybe this was the wrong thread to do this (I just read homophobia in the title and didn't bother to read 5 pages) and it seems that it was a BAD IDEA but homosexuality is totally normal and not some human illness - even animals are sometimes gay!!
I once watched two male dogs ****ing each others brains out for more than 5 days on a camping place in morrocco - they did "normal" doggy style, 69, missionary (did you ever see a dog lying on his back with its legs spred wide ) and everything else you can think of!

edit: typo
( Last edited by badidea; Aug 9, 2004 at 02:44 PM. )

Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2004, 01:55 PM

I know I am climbing the ladder (the list) pretty fast right now...

I just want to apologies to anybody who took this as a personal attack!

My intention was just to point out that discussing something completely normal in the war lounge is getting on my nerves!
Maybe this was the wrong thread to do this (I just read homophobia in the title and didn't bother to read 5 pages) and it seems that it was a BAD IDEA but homosexuality is totally normal and not some human illness - even animals are sometimes gay!!
I once watched two male dogs ****ing each others brains out for more than 5 days on a camping place in morrocco - they did "normal" doggy style, 69, missionary (did you ever see a dog lying on his back with its legs spred wide ) and everything else you can think of!
Thing is, the majority of the posters are opposed to any type of homophobia.
And that majority agrees at least on this: if they are adults, and consenting, it nobody else's business but theirs.

I also made the point that homosexuality happens in the animal kingdom. And you are right, gays do not deserve more attention than anybody else, except when their rights are under threat.

there ya go.

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 02:50 PM

Thing is, the majority of the posters are opposed to any type of homophobia.
And that majority agrees at least on this: if they are adults, and consenting, it nobody else's business but theirs.
That's exactly the point why I posted the "thread post count list" - the majority doesn't have to post as often as the minority to make a thread several pages long! Not only this thread but also the 'marriage' and 'urban legend' ones!
I still want to apologize to those in the Top3 who are not homophobe though!

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 02:55 PM

Well asswipe, if people would stop thinking of homosexuals as something special there wouldn't be any of those stupid threads here!
That's true and would be great if it could happen any time soon, my idealist friend, but in the meantime some people have to point out that there's no reason for them to be treated differently in the first place.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 11:30 PM

.........What was the topic again?........

(Zimphire has a point. These threads are too redundant and excessive)

Baninated
Aug 9, 2004, 11:37 PM

Fixed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules