Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Homosexual Urban Legends...the series.

Homosexual Urban Legends...the series. (Page 6)
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by angaq0k:
he wrote: "or India".

"Or" excludes the first term on the list.

Or did I read it wrong?
You're right. I should wake up all the way before reading people's posts...

**sheepishly slinks off**

Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
You're right. I should wake up all the way before reading people's posts...

**sheepishly slinks off**

you're OK.

I make that mistake too often myself...
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2004, 11:35 PM
Hear ye, hear ye, dcolton be spouting FUD.

APA pulled Homosexuality from the DSR in the 1970s - DSR-IV (the current revision) considerers hetero and homosexaulity as "normal states of psychological being".

Unfortunately, some people do not do their research.

Gay marriage is fine by me - so, they're in a loving relationship - let them marry. What, you say that Marriage should be m/f only? I say bull. If it will create a loving family unit (2 parental objects and the possibility of children [via adoption or otherwise]), fine by me.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2004, 12:24 AM
: originally posted by Zimphire One cannot make definite statements like you did and call them honest ones.
Well, angaqOk seems to have provided some quite honest and factual evidence as far as I can read. To call it dishonest??

On the other hand, why do you always post/construct your reponses in such ways that your personal beliefs are presented as non-debatable facts, when they are plainly and clearly only your personal beliefs, based it would seem upon your own personal and particular interpretation of Christian literature - to which you are entitled - however as those beliefs are purely your own interpretation, and cannot be supported by any 'facts' either, it remains your opinion/belief only.

To present your own opinion/beliefs as non-arguable fact, could also be deemed to be dishonest, if one uses your own seeming method of appraising such things, and making the apparent judgements you do.

People in glasshouses shoudn't throw stones..

Populist thinking exalts the simplistic and the ordinary
dcolton  (op)
Sep 30, 2004, 09:40 AM
I think Sambeau needs to revisit this thread.
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2004, 12:31 PM
I don't think ANYBODY needs to "revisit" this thread, troll.
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2004, 01:15 PM
A few things:

1. Pierre Elliot Trudeau said it best: "The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation." Neither do those with personal axes to grind. If consenting adults play privately and aren't harming others, then there is no problem AFAIC.

2. I may be genetically programmed to play hockey. I may have been so influenced by culture and environment - the debates rages! Either way, I can't and I won't stop playing - nor should I, as long as I keep my stick down.

3. Ours are free societies ... life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Doesn't the selective legislation of government mandated notions of morality contradict those latter two tenets?

4. Who the hell banned Face Ache and why? Mods! What the hell ...?
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 30, 2004, 01:21 PM
Spheric is quite right, there is no reason to resurrect this thread. Let sleeping dogs lie.

I didn't even know Face was banned, so I can't comment as to why.
Nemo me impune lacesset
Forum Links
Forum Rules