Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Bush "flip flops" on pollution stand

Bush "flip flops" on pollution stand
Senior User
Oct 14, 2004, 07:47 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ollution_x.htm

My favorite part - Now the administration is pushing Congress to exempt millions of acres of military land from major environmental requirements. Four years after President Bush campaigned on a pledge to make the military "comply with environmental laws by which all of us must live," the White House is the Pentagon's chief ally in pushing for relief from such laws.

Of course I'm sure the Far Right consider USAToday to be a liberal rag and a mouthpiece for the Dems

This also illustrates why 1/4 of the states are suing the EPA for relaxing clean air and water regulations. Bush (and his donors) just don't care if you drink dirty water and breathe dirty air. Clean air and water hurts the profits of his supporters and is thus superfluous.
iMac - C2D, 2.8Ghz, 4GB, 320GB
MacBook - C2D, 2.4Ghz Uni, 4GB, 500GB

Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2004, 05:00 PM

He didn't flip flop. He never cared in the first place.

Banned
Oct 14, 2004, 05:15 PM

Environment?

I'm dead in about 60 years, none of this will matter to me then.

tie
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2004, 01:20 AM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
I agree. Bush hates the environment and always has. No flip flop here. Move along, nothing to see..

Banned
Oct 15, 2004, 02:56 AM

I think environmental regulation is best left to the states and cities since it's far more effective, I think, to deal with it at a local level. Witness CA's more stringent laws regarding air pollution as an example.

Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2004, 03:19 AM

Originally posted by MATTRESS:
I think environmental regulation is best left to the states and cities since it's far more effective, I think, to deal with it at a local level. Witness CA's more stringent laws regarding air pollution as an example.
In some respects I agree, but environmental decisions by any state potentially affect several or many other states. The federal government should set some baseline standards. However, if individual states want to set more restrictive standards for some things, I don't see why not.

Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Phew, thank goodness at least he didn't flip-flop!!

Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2004, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by awaspaas:
Phew, thank goodness at least he didn't flip-flop!!

Senior User
Oct 16, 2004, 02:42 PM

Yeah..it's funny..no flip flop.

When you find out your or your spouse or your children have a disease / terminal illness caused by pollution from a Gov't site...and then you find out your right to sue/get compensation/health care has been revoked .. or to even force the Gov't to clean up it's mess.

OR

You find out that the Republicans have enacted laws to shield it's campagin donors from legal action, including cleaning up it's messes...

Don't you dare open your mouth and whine about how awful things are. Just go off and suffer in silence and enjoy drinking your filthy water and sooty air.
iMac - C2D, 2.8Ghz, 4GB, 320GB
MacBook - C2D, 2.4Ghz Uni, 4GB, 500GB

Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2004, 10:38 PM

Doesn't everyone know he says he's a 'Good steward of the environment'
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules