Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Television evangelists and materialistic ministers.

Television evangelists and materialistic ministers.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2005, 01:46 AM

The ST. Louis Post did some very good articles on television evangelist Joyce Meyer. They reported about her rich lifestyle and the five homes that her ministry bought for her and her children. Joyce Meyer's home is worth over two million dollars and the other four homes for her children are worth over one million each. Their luxury cars and private jet are paid for by the minisry. Another television evangelist that lives in the lap of luxury is Benny Hinn. His clothes are bought at the most posh Beverly Hills clothing stores. These are the same stores that movie stars frequent. He also ownes several homes each worth between one and five million dollars. John Hagee's salary is one point two million dollars anually. He is considerd the highest paid pastor. Other television evangelists that live a very rich lifestyle are Rod Parsley of World Harvest church in Columbus Ohio, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Richard Roberts, Robert Tilton and others. They ascribe to the prosperity doctrine. This is a heretical doctrine that teaches God wants his children to be rich. I am very disturbed at how these wolves are using Christianity to rob the poor through all types of gimics. Many seniors on social security and people on fixed incomes give to these theives. The Bible says this to the church of Laodicea. NKJV Revelation chapter 3: 15-18, I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot, so then because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing-and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked- I councel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich: and white garments that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed ; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. Christians should not support these apostate ministers who worship only money.

Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2005, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Witness2005
The ST. Louis Post did some very good articles on television evangelist Joyce Meyer. They reported about her rich lifestyle and the five homes that her ministry bought for her and her children. Joyce Meyer's home is worth over two million dollars and the other four homes for her children are worth over one million each. Their luxury cars and private jet are paid for by the minisry. Another television evangelist that lives in the lap of luxury is Benny Hinn. His clothes are bought at the most posh Beverly Hills clothing stores. These are the same stores that movie stars frequent. He also ownes several homes each worth between one and five million dollars. John Hagee's salary is one point two million dollars anually. He is considerd the highest paid pastor. Other television evangelists that live a very rich lifestyle are Rod Parsley of World Harvest church in Columbus Ohio, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Richard Roberts, Robert Tilton and others. They ascribe to the prosperity doctrine. This is a heretical doctrine that teaches God wants his children to be rich. I am very disturbed at how these wolves are using Christianity to rob the poor through all types of gimics. Many seniors on social security and people on fixed incomes give to these theives. The Bible says this to the church of Laodicea. NKJV Revelation chapter 3: 15-18, I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot, so then because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing-and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked- I councel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich: and white garments that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed ; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. Christians should not support these apostate ministers who worship only money.
People want something to believe in and they tend to belief in these "false prophets" instead of God.

My big problem with a lot of mainstream Chistianity is that having a direct relationship with God is frowned upon by the various churches out there. I like the Quakers and other religions that shun all the physical trapppings and intermediaries and allow, even encourage, their practioners to have a direct relationship with God. So that you can be with God anywhere and anytime.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2005, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
People want something to believe in and they tend to belief in these "false prophets" instead of God.

My big problem with a lot of mainstream Chistianity is that having a direct relationship with God is frowned upon by the various churches out there. I like the Quakers and other religions that shun all the physical trapppings and intermediaries and allow, even encourage, their practioners to have a direct relationship with God. So that you can be with God anywhere and anytime.
Yes , I totally agree with you. I am a non - denominational Christian with Pentecostal beliefs. We believe that God does still speak in many ways. We believe that he speaks in dreams and visions. We believe that he can and does speak in many other ways as well. I believe that organized religon quite often imprisones a person and cuts them off from God by man made philosiphies. I respect the old school Quakers and I find my beliefs are quite similar to theirs. I however do not agree with the modern Quakers, they do not even resemble their ancestors.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2005, 04:07 AM

I believe almost all T.V. Evangelists are fake, and only care about the $$$$ they are stealing from the poor, naive, and helpless people of the world. They should all be ashamed of their actions, and they have a judgement coming to them from God in due time...

Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2005, 08:45 PM

Witness2005 said:
We believe that God does still speak in many ways. We believe that he speaks in dreams and visions. We believe that he can and does speak in many other ways as well. I believe that organized religon quite often imprisones a person and cuts them off from God by man made philosiphies.
Interesting. Regarding the "he speaks in dreams and visions" I believe your christian fore-fathers would've tortured and burned you at the stake for that one - the little word heresy springs to mind.

Of course, we've all moved on, and so much wiser now, and 'see'(?) the 'mistakes' those early Church leaders made in their interpretation of biblical scripture.

Of course, if we could rewind about 400 odd years, I'm sure we'd find those same Church leaders just as convinced of the 'rightness' of their scriptural beliefs now as they were then - not much has changed in that those who hold extreme views, do so with the justifcation of being able to point/quote some aspect of Christian/biblical scripture to support their view.

One merely substitutes belief for interpretation.

Man made philosophies may "imprison a person and cut them off from god" but by the same token, without some form of leadership/direction/control/balance, man made philosophies easily twist/interpret biblical scripture to form extreme views, with sometimes very unhappy results. Witness Jones town, Waco etc, and of course the extreme muslim view in our day and age bringing misery to countless thousands.

Politics and religion usually form a very unhealthy mix IMHO.

Regards

John..
Populist thinking exalts the simplistic and the ordinary

Forum Links
Forum Rules