Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > 41 days in Iraq, or 10 million children insured? Hmmm.... which will I choose?

41 days in Iraq, or 10 million children insured? Hmmm.... which will I choose? (Page 8)
tie
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2007, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
The big spenders are what used to be called "Rockefeller Republicans" and are not conservatives, ("Goldwater/Reagan Republicans")
Rockefeller Republican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From the article you linked:

Many analysts have said that the "Rockefeller Republican" became extinct on Election Day in 2006 when the last "Rockefeller Republican" (Lincoln Chafee) lost his seat in the Senate. Today most people who would be considered "Rockefeller Republicans" have left the Republican Party and joined the Democratic Party.
Since the article you quote directly contradicts your claim, I have no idea what you are talking about.
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

Clinically Insane
Oct 18, 2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by tie View Post
But Ron Paul also advocates withdrawing from the UN and from NATO. (This is according to Wikipedia.) Also the WTO. So he qualifies as an idiot for other reasons.
The UN is a waste, the US should have pulled out of it a decade ago.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2007, 04:41 PM

From the article you linked:
Many analysts have said that the "Rockefeller Republican" became extinct on Election Day in 2006 when the last "Rockefeller Republican" (Lincoln Chafee) lost his seat in the Senate. Today most people who would be considered "Rockefeller Republicans" have left the Republican Party and joined the Democratic Party.
Since the article you quote directly contradicts your claim, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Or are so called "moderates" "Rockefeller Republicans" were for big government entitlement programs, both social and business.
Conservatives and Libertarians want neither.
It say many, not all analysts. It also mentions that Senators Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine are sometimes referred to as Rockefeller Republicans. The term is archaic since most voters have no idea who Nelson Rockefeller was.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
The UN is anti-American, anti-capitalist, and anti-semitic and has become a bastion of collectivists. The UN has become as toothless as the League of Nations, and as irrelevant.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!

tie
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2007, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I'm glad you got your talking point out, now do you want to reply to my post?
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

Clinically Insane
Oct 18, 2007, 10:18 PM

I'm glad you got your talking point out, now do you want to reply to my post?
Which post is that?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules